• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

IF Suarez moves to Madrid it will be hilarious for this reason; he's gonna be so much more vocal than any forward on the team. He'll shit talk to Bale and demand so much from him. I don't think Bale is ready. Ronnie shows his frustration but never seems to put a player in an awkward position after.

I'd be surprised if Suarez doesn't apologise after the match and both players move on. He has a go at them for the slightest misplaced pass sometimes and I imagine he knows it when the frustration dies down. If he thinks Bale isn't pulling his weight though, things will get truly ugly.

Suen

Garcia scores. Poor Getafe but very satisfied to see that Atletico is doing so good.

Yeah derbies mean nothing in La Liga.

Barcelona-Espanyol :lol
Atletic/Madrid derby do mean something now! Sociedad/Bilbao can be pretty good too!

Barcelona-Espanyol is the best one. You're really watching Barca vs Barca outcasts then.

Messi

Garcia scores. Poor Getafe but very satisfied to see that Atletico is doing so good.

Atletic/Madrid derby do mean something now! Sociedad/Bilbao can be pretty good too!

Barcelona-Espanyol is the best one. You're really watching Barca vs Barca outcasts then.

I loved last season when they drew with Barca and they acted like they had just won the champions league final.

Linius

At least in La Liga the top teams manage to win their games. In the Eredivisie it's the same all over again this weekend with AZ and PSV both drawing against lesser clubs at home :lol

Salvadora

He's a fucking freak. He exaggerates contact a lot of course, but he genuinely takes a right battering a lot of the time, and he just hobbles for a couple of minute before going back to sprinting about like a lunatic. Must have bones made of adamantium :p
Giroud is the same, they both take a huge amount of damage per match and seem to pull through (while moaning).

Whereas other players get a slight bit of contact and are out indefinitely.

Suen

I loved last season when they drew with Barca and they acted like they had just won the champions league final.
Pls no, don't remind me of those Arsenal memories were many of us (including our players) celebrated as if we won the league when we got that CL spot.

damn what a strike by Garcia, hit the crossbar. That would have been such an amazing goal.

Parity is the spice of life!
I read this as "Panty is the spice of life" :loooooooool

FootballFan

You just openly admitted your League is shit with this comment.

I didn't know *any team* meant any team in La Liga only. I said CL teams too right below lol.

Bayern and Chelsea are the only teams I wouldn't be very confident against. Would still likely beat them though.

Suen

Great atmosphere at Vicente Calderon. Hard to not love Atletico when they play like this, looks like a proper team. Simeone has done an amazing job.

Salvadora

Pls no, don't remind me of those Arsenal memories were many of us (including our players) celebrated as if we won the league when we got that CL spot.
It may be slightly laughable, but I don't blame them (the players).

Arsenal in the second half of last season performed like a well oiled machine, grinding out points. It was a real achievement to finish as they did, considering how it went down to the last day with the points deficit et al.

Slizz

I didn't know *any team* meant any team in La Liga only. I said CL teams too right below lol.

Bayern and Chelsea are the only teams I wouldn't be very confident against. Would still likely beat them though.

Well if your local derby isn't shit to write home about and then your main title contender is a walkover then it must be. Cause I dunno what matchup would be interesting after that.... I remember Valencia with Villa/Silva were almost relevant....

Is there a way of knowing when you've caught every Pokemon in a zone?

Can you catch already evolved Pokemon?

Got 5 in my stable now, a Fenniker, Fletchling, Weevle, Bunnyter and Zigalong

(yes, those are loose approximations based on a lack of Pokeknowledge and terrible name-retention)

I'm not even past the first patch of grass and I'm already farming for new Pokemon, and trying to get the others up to the level of the Fenniker. Sometimes it seems like the opponent gets 2 moves in a row. What decides who gets the first move, is it random?

Lightning

Banned
Not only did we get a CL spot but the biggest celebration was we prevented our derby rivals from achieving a CL spot. That is something to be happy about, it doesn't change our season was not good enough, but we were written off from even achieving that at the end of February after Bayern battered us, Blackburn lol'ed us and we lost the derby game.

It wasn't want anyone wanted at the start of the season but it was something in a shitty situation.

Messi

Sometimes La Liga is really boring, the last few years (especially the past 2 seasons) have been dogshit. Something really needs to be done to fix the league. Barca and Real gotta give up some of the tv rights. Its slowly killing the league with a thousand papercuts.

You can also tell Barca/Real really don't care while playing.

Arsenal in the second half of last season performed like a well oiled machine, grinding out points. It was a real achievement to finish as they did, considering how it went down to the last day with the points deficit et al.

I never understood the criticism tbh. It was a little overblown, but missing out on the CL fucking sucks in all kinds of ways, so why not celebrate, even if its more of a relief than an achievement. Teams celebrate surviving relegation after all, not much different imo

Linius

(yes, those are loose approximations based on a lack of Pokeknowledge and terrible name-retention)

I'm not even past the first patch of grass and I'm already farming for new Pokemon, and trying to get the others up to the level of the Fenniker. Sometimes it seems like the opponent gets 2 moves in a row. What decides who gets the first move, is it random?

Speed decides who moves first. Or in some cases hold items can also influence if you start first.

You can catch evolved Pokémons. And there's not really a way of knowing if you caught every Pokémon in a certain route. But if you're looking for a specific one it's easiest to just look up where to catch them in the Pokédex. I'm guessing you're not going to complete the entire thing anyways right? :p

Slizz

Sometimes La Liga is really boring, the last few years (especially the past 2 seasons) have been dogshit. Something really needs to be done to fix the league. Barca and Real gotta give up some of the tv rights. Its slowly killing the league with a thousand papercuts.

You can also tell Barca/Real really don't care while playing.

Thank you for the honesty. You see Wilde and Suedekis on the David Blaine special??? Apparently Wilde just rocks a bikini top around the house.... quite fun.

Suen

Second half of the season was amazing, it made you really wonder what the hell we had been doing the first half when we were playing solid every week. The run then was amazing, and I honestly think few of us expected Arsenal to be in top four so I can see why we'd be happy. But at the same time I think that should have made our disappointment even bigger from how we performed in the first half of the season. Oh well it's in the past. The best part of that day was the guy who spread a lie to Spurs fan that we were losing and they all cheered in the arena :lol

Not only did we get a CL spot but the biggest celebration was we prevented our derby rivals from achieving a CL spot. That is something to be happy about, it doesn't change our season was not good enough, but we were written off from even achieving that at the end of February after Bayern battered us, Blackburn lol'ed us and we lost the derby game.

It wasn't want anyone wanted at the start of the season but it was something in a shitty situation.
True that, well put.

FootballFan

I don't think there's a way of knowing you've caught every pokemon in an area. You just gotta keep battling in that spot until you find no more new pokemanz.

Yes you can catch already evolved pokemon like Nidorino, Kakuna, Metapod etc.

edit
WOW Diego Costa.

Subbed in and scores that. Wow lol.

Speed decides who moves first. Or in some cases hold items can also influence if you start first.

You can catch evolved Pokémons. And there's not really a way of knowing if you caught every Pokémon in a certain route. But if you're looking for a specific one it's easiest to just look up where to catch them in the Pokédex. I'm guessing you're not going to complete the entire thing anyways right? :p

Depends on the post-game content, if there is any, and whether it has the staying power to become my go-to game (the role Pro Evo used to fill). Definitely not going to massively slow my progress through the game for the sake of filling in every blank

Yen

I never understood the criticism tbh. It was a little overblown, but missing out on the CL fucking sucks in all kinds of ways, so why not celebrate, even if its more of a relief than an achievement. Teams celebrate surviving relegation after all, not much different imo
If Arsenal ever do win a trophy again I bet their celebrations turn Caligualan.

Linius

Depends on the post-game content, if there is any, and whether it has the staying power to become my go-to game (the role Pro Evo used to fill). Definitely not going to massively slow my progress through the game for the sake of filling in every blank

I think there are more than 700 Pokémons around now. If you ever want to catch them all you're gonna need a lot of help from other people since you don't have access to each Pokémon because you don't have any previous Pokémon games. And it's just gonna take up hundereds of hours. There are more games to play :p

Suen

iIj1v7FLMRDQD.gif

I think there are more than 700 Pokémons around now. If you ever want to catch them all you're gonna need a lot of help from other people since you don't have access to each Pokémon because you don't have any previous Pokémon games. And it's just gonna take up hundereds of hours. There are more games to play :p

Wait, so not only are there Pokemon locked behind the version you buy, there are Pokemon locked behind previous entries to the franchise? GameFreak are some right sneaky bastards. Between them and Nintendo's charger farce, its weird that there aren't a fucktonne of threads about their stingy cuntiness on gaming-side

Linius

The trading system however makes this easier than ever.

In a way. But some legendaries will probably be hard to get. The ones like Kyogre, Groudon, Latias, Latios etc.

But it's doable yes, but also very time consuming. I've spent 30 hours playing Pokémon Y now. Only done the storyline so far. Guess I'll be checking out some post game content later but after that it's done for me. 3DS has too many games I also like to play and New Leaf is already my go to game (385 hours!) :p

Top Bottom