• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just seen AVB's post-match interview, says himself and the players have to be 'ashamed of themselves' and react immediately. I hope this is one of those nightmare defeats that serves as a lesson and not one that leads to a death spiral.

y did he use Lamela on the left

AVB is genuinely a lemon

stop doing this to my Scum

doicare

Manchester United get a decision that goes for them whilst most games poor decisions go against them. On the other hand most of the top teams also get decisions that go their way yet the end conclusion from the 'unbiased' 'neutral' fan is United are just a lucky bullshit team that has everything go their way. I'm sure this one incodent won't get brought up over and over again for months to come.........

WJD

Was just talking to my mate about who I'd have partnering Carrick in a strongest XI and just took a moment, whispered "jones" and fell to the ground sobbing.

Cleverly our most composed player, not sure whats going on with Adnan, he is trying too much and nothing is working.

He's trying to do too much because the forwards lose the balls as soon as you pass it to them and the midfielders aren't going forward to receive a pass from Evra/Januzaj. It's not working so hopefully Januzaj can correct what he's doing wrong and just keep it simple to not lose possession. His dribbling isn't working and his 1-2s (although haven't been working) are at least looking like a threat.

We'll have to revert to shit crosses by Valencia and then have Januzaj and Evra do 1-2s in order to get another goal.

Arnie

All I want is for the fourth official to have an iPad and be able to provide instant video assistance to the referee. That's all it requires. Why is that so fucking hard?

United and Everton would have both had the red cards they deserve, and Sunderland wouldn't have been ruthlessly fucked for absolutely nothing. These aren't even debatable decisions, they're stonewallers.

It's utterly pathetic given the profile of this sport.

K1LLER7

Was just talking to my mate about who I'd have partnering Carrick in a strongest XI and just took a moment, whispered "jones" and fell to the ground sobbing.
Jones has probably been our best Midfielder and Defender this season.

We should give Zaha a game sometime.

Every week FIFA's 'people like debating about decisions' excuse is made more and more redundant, as referees continue to miss piss-easy decisions that don't leave anyone interpreting the rules differently from others, and just leave myriads of teams getting fucked over with potentially disastrous consequences.

Video replays available to the fourth/a fifth official would fix it. Piece of piss.

Bumhead

Banned
Manchester United get a decision that goes for them whilst most games poor decisions go against them. On the other hand most of the top teams also get decisions that go their way yet the end conclusion from the 'unbiased' 'neutral' fan is United are just a lucky bullshit team that has everything go their way. I'm sure this one incodent won't get brought up over and over again for months to come.........

What utter shit.

K1LLER7

All I want is for the fourth official to have an iPad and be able to provide instant video assistance to the referee. That's all it requires. Why is that so fucking hard?

United and Everton would have both had the red cards they deserve, and Sunderland wouldn't have been ruthlessly fucked for absolutely nothing. These aren't even debatable decisions, they're stonewallers.

They'd have to wait 5 mins for Sky Go to catch up.

Walshy

Try harder

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
y did he use Lamela on the left

AVB is genuinely a lemon

stop doing this to my Scum

I guess he wanted a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right. Maybe he should have played Andros on that side but it wouldn't have made any difference. We soiled ourselves after 15 seconds and none of the defenders were able to concentrate afterwards. Vertonghen was embarrassingly bad, he might not like playing left-back but he still has to put in maximum effort.

Facism

can't fix results if you don't have plausible deniability or favourtism on behalf of the officials.

Scum

Viva, pls.

K1LLER7

Vidic has been better at defending. Not sure about midfielder. Carrick hasn't been at his best, but Jones is also inconsistent.
Carrick has been average imo. Jones has done his job in the big games and has stood out for me. He's not scared to go in for a rough tackle or to carry the ball forward. Just needs to improve his passing if he's to carry on playing in midfield.

Tc91

Won't do any good, but you're right. The midfielders don't go forward, so the wingers and fullbacks have all the pressure to create something. And by wingers and fullbacks I mean Januzaj and Evra. Valencia and Smalling are trying fuck all on that right side.

Right side is shit, Evra has been decent but Adnan has had a poor game he's slipping non stop, he's trying too hard as well I feel trying to dribble and take on 1/2 people every time he gets the ball.

He lives on though! Expect a much better second half from him.

Hitch

just me or..

Your avatar looks like a throbbing penis?

complete with the cum shot

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Marc

Shouldn't Gerrard have got a red card for that blatant elbow?

Other than that, I agree with you. Wouldn't be hard to implement. Ever since Ref's got protection and fines for pointing out their faults (free speech in other words) the standard has dropped dramatically. Every season seems to get worse and worse, so many terrible calls this season already. Wait until near the end of the season and where those decisions will have a huge impact on everyone.

Football is stuck in the dark ages for some clear reasons, the power of FIFA is that of a mid sized country. No other sport has such a stranglehold on politics, where if they even dare enter the frame the whole country is banned. The FA have plodded along all this time as the sports minister doesn't have the balls to challenge them and by de facto FIFA. It suits them due to the obvious corruption at its heart, all these fixed games, vote rigging, back handers with the morals of a hyena. If football were fair, lots of people lose out on money.

Top Bottom