• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Arnie

Shouldn't Gerrard have got a red card for that blatant elbow?

Other than that, I agree with you.

No. That's one that rests on interpretation, I personally thought there was nothing in it, just two players jumping to compete for a ball. Elbows flail when players jump, and it wasn't malicious in any way. Plus it barely made contact.

The others didn't rely on interpretation, they were clear, indefensible red cards.

ibiCvWkZYlRNeg.gif

Marc

No. That's one that rests on interpretation, I personally thought there was nothing in it, just two players jumping to compete for a ball. Elbows flail when players jump, and it wasn't malicious in any way. Plus it barely made contact.

The others didn't rely on interpretation, they were clear, indefensible red cards.

That is going to be the issue though, to me that was a clear red as well. Gerrard not looking at the ball, clearly leading with his elbow into Barry's head. Waaaay more dangerous than a pissy little kick out at someone's legs.

So it does require some interpretation so where to draw the line is also going to be contentious. Still I would rather argue about that and get 90% of decision correct than the current crapshoot we have.

When is Cleverley going to get shipped out of United, I am all for English players getting chances but it should be Powell or Lingard. Not this waster. That reminds me, did Zaha go to prison or something?

pulga

Banned
holy fuck just saw the City vs Spurs score HAHAHAHHAHA

Where'd those 100m go? Weren't they supposed to make Spurs a better team than they were with Bale? loooololololololololololol

Facism

holy fuck just saw the City vs Spurs score HAHAHAHHAHA

Where'd those 100m go? Weren't they supposed to make Spurs a better team than they were with Bale? loooololololololololololol

shocking news!!!! teams sometimes have bad games!

Arnie

That is going to be the issue though, to me that was a clear red as well.
Well if the officials deem it a red card then yes, he's off. But the general consensus seems to be that it wasn't in this situation, despite what your believe, so I'm fairly confident it wouldn't have been.

An official can't see the three other incidents I referred to from this weekend and concur with the decision that was made.

Having some assistance and help in giving the decisions which affect a match's outcome is only a good thing, regardless of whether those decisions benefit your team or not.

K1LLER7

We actually play like Stoke. So many pointless long balls.

Fellani and Clev need to grow some balls. They look scared to make a tackle.

Top Bottom