• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

dc89

CIT5-0TOT.gif

Meier

My god at those goals. That ball from Milner... ridiculous. Negredo's first goal should have counted rather than been an OG.

Nice 1-2 between Welbeck and Wazza.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well Wellbacks back

Jesus why cant they teach him to finish

12 pages ago but I don't give a fuck.

I don't think Hummels is that important to us at this point. He hasn't played all that well for the last 1.5 years, partly because of stupid mental mistakes, party because other teams have figured out how to defend him by now. His creative role has become really minor, usually Sahin has to drop back and do what Hummels did from 2010 to 2012. Give Friedrich a couple of matches and it won't make that much of a difference.

As for Schmelzer, he has played way too many games over the last few seasons, and Durm is doing a great job replacing him. Might even have a shot at taking over the position eventually.

But, yeah, the title race is obviously over. I wouldn't even be surprised if Bayern made it without a single loss through the season.

I didn't mean that Hummels is/was so good at the moment that we can't replace him. It's more about our depth. Obviously, Friedrich can play a decent backup and could have given Hummels or Sokratis a break. But Hummels out and Friedrich as our starting CB for the rest of the year is basically ensuring that we drop (more than) a few points in the rest of this year's matches and pretty much ending the title race. Wouldn't had changed much if we had won yesterday.

Top Bottom