• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wilbur

Banned
Cornelius.

Did you see him today? He changed the game. Without cornelius on the pitch 1-2 to City. With Cornelius on the pitch 0-1 to Cardiff.

Please this is football fan logic l

McCarthy is fucking class. He was top yesterday and has been all season.

Yeah, I said time and time again a year or two ago if we can get him for 10m or so he'd be well worth it. Cost Everton a bit more in the end but they recouped it all back from Fellaini so they're fucking laughing.

L1NETT

I'm so sad they've postponed the actual Flash reveal to the new series! Really wanted to see the costume soon.

Same, but it shows they have confidence in what they've got. Hopefully Oliver has cameos in that show.

I am bummed they won't be using this show in a potential Justice League Movie. Or apparently won't. DC's movie future is so shoddy.

Wilbur

Banned
Imagine if we had Silva today. It would have been 10.

Nah he would have slowed down your counters. Nasri and Navas were the right choices. Nasri's been in exceptional form recently, Jojo must be wondering where the fuck he's getting in.

Arnie

Man, thinking about it, in the absense of a marquee Spanish central midfielder, McCarthy for almost half the price of Fellaini would've been perfect.

He's tidy in all the right ways, rather than tidy in a 'here you do it Jonny', Cleverly way.

Elchele

Watching Motd2 - Pellegrini's eyes are so red. And scary.

ihA8ZE1kX7rFC.gif

Carbonox

you might have a bit of trouble with that, arry' has a bit of a thing for him I think.

Remy won't be staying at QPR - not even that pork-faced vomit can convince him to stick around.

I do however see the difficulty in signing him permanently coming from other - and bigger - teams trying to sign him which will surely happen after his form so far.

The group of players around him could make him stay at Newcastle but then playing in Europe is obviously something a player of his level should be looking at when deciding a club. His mercenary-ness not included.

Otherwise we're back in Cisse land and battling it out in 19th place. WOOOOO.

Newcastle must try in January though. Throw all the monies at him. His release clause is only 8m or some noise ffs.

Wilbur

Banned
Man, thinking about it, in the absense of a marquee Spanish central midfielder, McCarthy for almost half the price of Fellaini would've been perfect.

He's tidy in all the right ways, rather than tidy in a 'here you do it Jonny', Cleverly way.

Please don't. I genuinely posted at the start of last season saying we should buy him.

Leave me alone. Give us Allen. At least he gets into the box to fuck it up.

Sick of Cleverley now. Offers legitimately nothing in attack or defence, it's fucking mind boggling. He's a sub par Milner. He's like the personification of a fucking breadstick.

Wilbur

Banned
Didn't Everton get MacCarthy at the very last minute of transfer deadline day?

16 mil on the last day, yeah. Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy all on the same day, Martinez master stroke. Made some real good decisions yesterday as well, he's a clever clogs.

Arnie

I wanted us to bid for him, too. We definitely scouted the boy.

I'm one of Allen's biggest fans here, along with Shogun, but I can't help feeling that miss is a curse on his Liverpool career. It's a hard one to come back from, and it'll take bags of character. Brendan needs to book him into a session with our psychologist tomorrow.

Wilbur

Banned
I wanted us to bid for him, too. We definitely scouted the boy.

I'm one of Allen's biggest fans here, along with Shogun, but I can't help feeling that miss is a curse on his Liverpool career. It's a hard one to come back from, and it'll take bags of character. Brendan needs to book him into a session with our psychologist tomorrow.

Mm, it was Torres v us levels of horror. Can see him sitting a few games out unfortunately, so he'll have to stew on it for a while looking in his rear view mirror at Meyer Yannsky

Scum

16 mil on the last day, yeah. Lukaku, Barry and McCarthy all on the same day, Martinez master stroke. Made some real good decisions yesterday as well, he's a clever clogs.

Getting Lukaku as well. Damn. We need English managers such as Martinez.

pulga

Banned
LOOOOOL Soldado had more touches in the centre circle than the City penalty area.

That would have been caused by kicking off after a goal.

tumblr_m87gbmHmBM1qcfzujo1_500.gif

Same, but it shows they have confidence in what they've got. Hopefully Oliver has cameos in that show.

I am bummed they won't be using this show in a potential Justice League Movie. Or apparently won't. DC's movie future is so shoddy.

DC are fucking numbskulls if they don't. Arrow is potentially laying major, major groundwork if they intend to catch up with Marvel. So far, they've established (or are in the process of establishing):

-Green Arrow
-His crew
-Black Canary
-Deathstroke
-Deadshot
-Lots of minor villains (Brother Blood, Dollmaker, Count Vertigo, Solomon Grundy)
-League of Assassins
-Flash
Come the fuck on! Have an episode dedicated to MoS aftermath (as I'm under the assumption that everything that's happened so far is pre-Superman of course) and it's DONE.

L1NETT

Hitching it here, but who would you put on a worst transfer list?

Personally I would go for Fellani, Soldado, Kozak (considering the fee size), Dwight Gayle, Kone, Van Wolfsinkel.

Arnie

Mm, it was Torres v us levels of horror. Can see him sitting a few games out unfortunately, so he'll have to stew on it for a while looking in his rear view mirror at Meyer Yannsky
I'm worried about M'Vila.

There must be a reason why another big club hasn't signed him, although I suppose such reasoning also stands for Coutinho and Sturridge.

As I say, that one game I saw him play against England made him look fairly good.

Wilbur

Banned
Patrice Evra is Manchester United captain. I don't even..

In the absence of Vidic and Giggs innit? Mind you, rather him than Spud.

Getting Lukaku as well. Damn. We need English managers such as Martinez.

There's a few class British managers in the league to be fair. Clarke, Mackay Rodgers and Lambert are certainly talented, Pardew has his moments. In the Championship Pearson, Dyche and Freedman are good youngish coaches as well. They all just need to be given time and chances. Liverpool had guts going for B-Rod and backing him so much, and it's paying off relatively well so far. Same with Lerner and Lambert; would have been so easy to sack him last year and they stuck with him and they've improved.

Scum

There must be a reason why another big club hasn't signed him, although I suppose such reasoning also stands for Coutinho and Sturridge.

As I say, that one game I saw him play against England made him look fairly good.

Doesn't he have a bit of a problem off-pitch? Likes to get into trouble, sort of thing...?

Wilbur

Banned
Hitching it here, but who would you put on a worst transfer list?

Personally I would go for Fellani, Soldado, Kozak (considering the fee size), Dwight Gayle, Kone, Van Wolfsinkel.

Kone's injured unfortunately so it's a bit unfair to say he's been a bad signing (although I get it) but the rest for sure. Gayle especially is just terrible.

The majority of Palace's and Sunderland's have been shit.

pulga

Banned
Oh I agree 100% Batman would slot in so nicely to the arrowverse, and Superman would too.

But this is DC. They put Zack fucking Synder in charge. Zack Synder. He makes explosive action mind numbingly boring.

those Nightwing rumours hhnnggg

Arrow-Season-2-Nightwing.jpg

Arnie

THAT EVRA INTERVIEW

I swear he called Welbeck 'Welblack'.

And he said he knew the goal was coming because they weren't playing like Manchester United.

Hixx

Didn't he basically have to go to Russia because of some dodgy incidents away from the game? I know some highly-rated young French player was caught doing something naughty.

Also I just found out Spurs have only scored one more goal than we have this seasons. That's crazy.

Wilbur

Banned
I remember when UnitedGAF was hyping him up to be the next big CM lololololol

If you weren't able to detect the overly generous helpings of tongue filled cheeks in the majority of those posts then you must be high on chicken fumes.

He's had his moments but by and large... come on Plug.

Scum

In the absence of Vidic and Giggs innit? Mind you, rather him than Spud.

There's a few class British managers in the league to be fair. Clarke, Mackay Rodgers and Lambert are certainly talented, Pardew has his moments. In the Championship Pearson, Dyche and Freedman are good youngish coaches as well. They all just need to be given time and chances. Liverpool had guts going for B-Rod and backing him so much, and it's paying off relatively well so far. Same with Lerner and Lambert; would have been so easy to sack him last year and they stuck with him and they've improved.
Good to hear. Hopefully they'll all get the chance and time they deserve.

Didn't he basically have to go to Russia because of some dodgy incidents away from the game? I know some highly-rated young French player was caught doing something naughty.

Also I just found out Spurs have only scored one more goal than we have this seasons. That's crazy.

#FreeLamela

Facism

Clevz didn't make ONE forward pass today. Utter toss.

Mancini managed to get Selcuk Inan to start passing forward. Before Mancini @ galatasaray, Inan would only pass sideways or play it back. It infuriated my brother some.

Thanks, i guess.

Kyoufu

Lots of problems off the pitch. I think he was almost involved with rape too but I haven't followed his shit since he went to Russia.

Top Bottom