• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Kyoufu

Actually I got the answer right here:

Tottenham were a one man team with Gareth Bale carrying them on his back now that he's gone they're utter shit.

pulga

Banned
they're missing the player who carried them on his back for the whole season

it's the sole reason he was injured at the start of the season for us

cunts

edit: KYOUFUUUUUUU

Wilbur

Banned
That's a really stupid thing to hope for, I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

That would do us more harm than good, I've got no doubt in my mind that Rooney is a cunt but he's a fucking good player too, arguably our best.

If you're inclined to think that way for justice then we might as well report Fellaini as well for the punch.

Stop acting like you care about United and go back to Charlton.

Hope he gets banned so we can see Shinji behind RVP like god intended and I don't have to watch that tubs cunt running around like a potato sculpture of Scott Parker and everyone mistaking effort for quality. Just watched the game. He was shit.

pulga

Banned
Hope he gets banned so we can see Shinji behind RVP like god intended and I don't have to watch that tubs cunt running around like a potato sculpture of Scott Parker and everyone mistaking effort for quality. Just watched the game. He was shit.

i cant wait for Rooney to drop your soon to be midtable club and head for bluer pastures, where he'll be appreciated for the fantastic player that he is, scoring hattricks against you lot whilst moyes weeps into januzaj's farewell letter

Wilbur

Banned
More worrying is your lack of control in the game, and just how poorly a £30 million midfielder is playing during a period when you need to rack up points.

Yep. Medal would have been a good buy this season for us, better than Fellaini at least. Embarrassing when I look at the PL summer transfers and everyone did better business than us.

In the long run I don't think a 2-2 draw at Cardiff will be a fucking horrible result considering they're a good team with a very good manager and they've already got some good results here this season. What will be horrible is when you review the context. Another two points dropped in injury time. Another supposedly weaker team controlling midfield and fighting for the ball more. Another time our hit and hope wing play amounts to cock all. Another time Evra shows all the defensive ability of a mashed banana.

Poor subs, poor tactical decisions, poor mentality, poor performance. We're lucky that everyone else around us has been as inconsistent really. Makes for fantastic viewing but as a fan it's really grating shit.

I know I might need to get some perspective I guess considering how lucky I've been up until now supporting United. But it's all relative; we're just not showing enough.

Arnie

The problem with Tottenham is, not that they were a one man team, but they were a team built around a single man. They've got quality players, but they're lacking a spark to fuse them together. AVB acquiesced tactical responsibility to Bale because his sheer talent would act as the glue that'd support those around him.

In short he not only scored goals, but he encouraged others to match that level also. His dynamism in the final third also drew lots of gaps and errors out of the opposing team, as well as shattering them mentally.

Without that, and with new signings that lack the creativity and dynamism to replace Bale they just aren't anywhere close to being as effective a force, and the worrying thing is their system is wholly underdeveloped as a result. They don't know how to play because their entire method of work relied on a chimpish Welshman. And without the time to stop and devise a method of work they're going to struggle.

AVB needs to take stock and come up with a new tactical identity, but unfortunately for Tottenham such a thing can't really be implemented without a pre-season, or at least a transfer window.

A team who've just spent £100 million on players don't want to be relying on extra spending, though. Not just because it's more money, but because players who've just come in on big money and promises are likely to be already nervous of their place and value at the club.

TLDR: they is fucked

Elchele

Kirchhoff though is a good choice. Hasn't been used by Guardiola at all anymore lately, has he?

He's average, but he sucks when you try to make him a DM :lol

Sammer trying to sign young cheap german talent is failing terribly: Weiser, Jan... and now Rode?! I hope he now focuses on signing players for Bayern II in preparation for 3.Liga

Wilbur

Banned
i cant wait for Rooney to drop your soon to be midtable club and head for bluer pastures, where he'll be appreciated for the fantastic player that he is, scoring hattricks against you lot whilst moyes weeps into januzaj's farewell letter

Yawn

Carbonox

What's going on with Tottenham? We're above them and we spent 100 million less than them in the summer.

cos we got out own mole

joe-kinnear_1209690c.jpg

#basedkinnear

Zabojnik

Juve-bros, Asamoah's second half was a thing of beauty today. He was and remains one of the most underrated players in the world, imo. Plays out of position, defensively he's a fucking beast and when he's close to top form like he's been for the past few weeks, he'd fit in any starting XI. It breaks my heart that he has to play on the left flank, when he is and always will be a mezzala. Just take a look at the progression he made down the middle (where he SHOULD be, do you hear me, Conte???), the one that lead to our first goal today. It's like he's going at 2X the speed, he's fucking gliding and even manages to pull off a semi-roulette before passing it to Pogba.

You deserve better, Asabob. Frankly, he should be playing in Marchisio's place right now.

Scum

The problem with Tottenham is, not that they were a one man team, but they were a team built around a single man. They've got quality players, but they're lacking a spark to fuse them together. AVB acquiesced tactical responsibility to Bale because his sheer talent would act as the glue that'd support those around him.

In short he not only scored goals, but he encouraged others to match that level also. His dynamism in the final third also drew lots of gaps and errors out of the opposing team, as well as shattering them mentally.

Without that, and with new signings that lack the creativity and dynamism to replace Bale they just aren't anywhere close to being as effective a force, and the worrying thing is their system is wholly underdeveloped as a result. They don't know how to play because their entire method of work relied on a chimpish Welshman. And without the time to stop and devise a method of work they're going to struggle.

AVB needs to take stock and come up with a new tactical identity, but unfortunately for Tottenham such a thing can't really be implemented without a pre-season, or at least a transfer window.

A team who've just spent £100 million on players don't want to be relying on extra spending, though. Not just because it's more money, but because players who've just come in on big money and promises are likely to be already nervous of their place and value at the club.

TLDR: they is fucked

Want the job, Arnie? Maybe Lamela can be or should be that player...?
Since I don't trust Walker as far as I can throw him, I'll go with the fancy 3-4-1-2 'til we get trustworthy FBs. Three at the back is all the rage. :p

Elchele

I'll defend Kirchhoff. He's pretty talented and should've gotten at least a bit of playtime. Weiser might not be good enough for us I fear, but also plenty of raw talent. We should send more players to Leverkusen.

Problem is, Julian Green already looks much better than Weiser.
Don't get me wrong, I like Jan, but I don't like him as DM. He should be our CB backup, I'm sure he could do a good job.

I really hope the Rode rumors are just BS. Would be the stupidest transfer since Braafheid

Fry

You continue to watch Big Bang Theory yet you apparently abandoned: Game of Thrones, Arrested Development and Mad Men.

Clearly we're not, baby.

I didn't abandon AD, although I wasn't enjoying S4 so I stopped watching for a while. I'll get back to it one day.

I'll also get back to GoT one day. Mad Men can suck my dick though.

Hixx

Wayne Rooney ‏@WayneRooney 3m
Just watched game back. I agree mine was bad tackle and ref dealt with it. And Martin Tyler didn't shut up about it all game.

Wayne Rooney ‏@WayneRooney 1m
Then someone slaps someone in face and he doesn't speak a word about it. I like Martin but that's poor from him

The fucking cheek on him!

faridmon

Sandro was sick man walking vomiting twice during the game was not fit at all to leave his bed let alone play an intense match. Likewise, Lloris was unconscious for brief amount of time, had an head injury and should be deemed to leave the pitch in order to prevent any further injury.

Doesn't AVB have any human empathy at all?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve-bros, Asamoah's second half was a thing of beauty today. He was and remains one of the most underrated players in the world, imo. Plays out of position, defensively he's a fucking beast and when he's close to top form like he's been for the past few weeks, he'd fit in any starting XI. It breaks my heart that he has to play on the left flank, when he is and always will be a mezzala. Just take a look at the progression he made down the middle (where he SHOULD be, do you hear me, Conte???), the one that lead to our first goal today. It's like he's going at 2X the speed, he's fucking gliding and even manages to pull off a semi-roulette before passing it to Pogba.

You deserve better, Asabob. Frankly, he should be playing in Marchisio's place right now.
Agree on on everything :(

But he needs to work on his crosses and his urge to volley the ball :lol

Marchisio's off the ball movement is still brilliant, give him a lil time to shake off the rust. <3

pulga

Banned
Arrow?

Pulga has taken over as the member of footygaf with the worst taste for tv shows.

again, shows how much you know

Arrow is fantastic, for what it is and taking into account it's on the CW. Easily the best superhero show ever done, so far.

Wilbur

Banned
Wayne Rooney &#8207;@WayneRooney 3m
Just watched game back. I agree mine was bad tackle and ref dealt with it. And Martin Tyler didn't shut up about it all game.

Wayne Rooney &#8207;@WayneRooney 1m
Then someone slaps someone in face and he doesn't speak a word about it. I like Martin but that's poor from him

The fucking cheek on him!

Rooney's got form for duffing people as well the fucking moron, remember him elbowing McCarthy? Prick. Corrr he's gonna be our top scorer ever. It's gonna fucking kill me.

pulga

Banned
Arrow is shit pulga, as shit as Halo.

what's next, you're JOH supporter?

Sadly, yes :( I need him to win for personal reasons -_-

Would like PAC to win if it werent the case, but Nasralla is a fool whose done nothing to show why he's the best candidate.

L1NETT

Jupp wash your mouth. Seems you have a bad case of Verbal diarrhea.

Pulga is right on the money, Arrow is top considering. And it's only going to get better (4th of December let's fucking go).

And if you think Halo is bad....feel bad for you man.

---

People who have twitter, follow Hugh Laurie. So good.

pulga

Banned
Jupp wash your mouth. Seems you have a bad case of Verbal diarrhea.

Pulga is right on the money, Arrow is top considering. And it's only going to get better (4th of December let's fucking go).

I'm so sad they've postponed the actual Flash reveal to the new series! Really wanted to see the costume soon.

Carbonox

I'd take Mikel at this point ;_;

Really was stunning. Like we agreed on, buy of the season. Other great buys:

Bacuna
Medel and Caulker
Mig
Remy
Lovren
Lukaku, McCarthy and Barry

If Newcastle don't pull off all the stops to sign him on a permanent in January, I will leave Football and take up Gaelic Football supporting.

I'd take Mikel at this point ;_;

Really was stunning. Like we agreed on, buy of the season. Other great buys:

Bacuna
Medel and Caulker
Mig
Remy
Lovren
Lukaku, McCarthy and Barry

Cornelius.

Did you see him today? He changed the game. Without cornelius on the pitch 1-2 to City. With Cornelius on the pitch 0-1 to Cardiff.

dc89

LOOOOOL Soldado had more touches in the centre circle than the City penalty area.

That would have been caused by kicking off after a goal.

Top Bottom