• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Linius

Let me say: The Bridge, The Americans, Hannibal, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Masters of Sex are all good new shows this year.

Been hearing good things about Almost Human and The Blacklist as well. But I can't tell from my own experience.

Linius

No, the American version.

I tried watching the Scandinavian version, but the subtitles were in broken English which hindered my understanding/enjoyment.

I very much enjoyed both. Only weird thing about the US version is that it's basically two episodes too long. A certain event should have been the finale. On the other hand it kind of makes sense since they used the remaining episodes to set up the plot for next season. The fact that they film it on location also really adds to the quality.

Salvadora

I very much enjoyed both. Only weird thing about the US version is that it's basically two episodes too long. A certain event should have been the finale. On the other hand it kind of makes sense since they used the remaining episodes to set up the plot for next season. The fact that they film it on location also really adds to the quality.
I felt that the main narrative was muddled and confused, and there was generally too much going on for its own good.

Beautifully shot, but ultimately failed to live up to my expectations.

TeegsD

Slimani!! Dude can't stop scoring.

Breaking away from my work for this! Comes on and immediately makes a difference. First an off-side goal and now one that counts!! Now let's not concede before the end and take these three points. Now we can stay on level with Benfica and keep our sights on Porto. We've fucked up hard against harder difficulty but Jardim IS learning and his moves are keeping the team on its toes and I'm liking it. Opposite of the last few seasons but I'm actually dreading the christmas break. I hope whatever momentum we continue to build up isn't lost. Though we have to take our lack of European games and other cup games and use it not only as motivation for our league standing this year but also to our advantage. Our players have more rest and have a smaller chance of injury.

Jardim, just continue tweaking that first team and a backup team, and we should be golden.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Inter need 1 more goal. Please

u make HenryGOD sad

Thierry+HENRY+et+Zinedine+ZIDANE+-+Juventus+de+Turin+1999.png

Guimarães 0 - 1 Sporting FT

Weak game from us but this is always a difficult trip.

Porto - 24 points
Sporting - 23 points
Benfica - 23 points

Things are looking good.
Our president is hugging everyone of our players in the field. He is so awesome.

Spurs forum in depression mode is the best

No matter what happens I just constantly keep thinking back to THAT champions league final.
That Robben penalty goes in and it's (probably) us buying Oscar and Hazard, keeping Modric and getting an actua

at least in some ways though that was in our hands. we had 90 minutes to at least TRY to get through it. The chelsea thing was like watching your worst nightmare play out before your eyes. I very nearly walked away from football off the back of that match. It just showed that there really is no justice when John fucking Terry is running about in full kit having not even played in the game

W4CpzT1.png

Zabojnik

Srs question time.

Where does Jojo fit in to the City starting 11?

Jojo ... fit ... doesn't compute.

Southland is probably the most underrated American TV show of all time. Somewhere in the future, Southland will be recognised as one of the finest, more realistic cop shows ever shown on TV.

Zabo likes it, so it must be good.

Actually Bacon, watch this.

It is what Ryan Atwood off the O.C did next. And it's fucking great.

*nods*

But I'm not a fan of cop shows :(

How do you categorize The Shield, then?

Is The Bridge any good?

Eh, it's alright. Didn't like the first 4-5 episodes much, but it gets better in the second half of the season. Much better, at times.

Suen

Diego Costa, David Villa, Filipe Luis, Diego Godin and Tiago didn't travel to St. Pete's. Thanks for the 3 points Atletico.

Can't blame them, it's expected to be -3 degrees at kickoff. Add in wind chill and they'realreadydead.gif
Oh I forgot, they've already qualified right? lol

Linius

I haven't seen BoB yet. I'll buy it some time when I see a good offer for the blu-ray. I know I'm gonna love it, but I'm not in a hurry to see it.

Clegg

Disappointed,” he said. “It was similar to Southampton when we had the game under control with a minute to go and then we conceded from a set piece. We can’t keep dropping two points and we could have played better, but it’s a tough place to come after international duty and I would have taken the result before the game."
Mong

Zabojnik

Bacon, cop shows aren't exactly my thing, but when a show is quality, it's quality. The Shield is fantastic, watch it. And dat ending ...

Scum

------------ Adebayor ---- Soldado -------------
------------------------ Lamela ----------------------
Townsend ---- Holtby -- Sandro --- Lennon
---- Vertoghen -- Dawson -- Chiriches ----
----------------------- Lloris -------------------------

Top Bottom