• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

You will beat them easily.

Well, I hope so.

Also, on the "Still searching" thing, it's a decent effort. But to be honest, I don't know a single BVB fan that gave a shit about it. Sure, losing the final to Bayern of all teams sucked but playing a final was awesome enough for us. Bayern fans coming up with winning the CL was predictable and kinda boring. They should have done something witty with Götze if they wanted to hit a weak spot.

Blablurn

Well, I hope so.

Also, on the "Still searching" thing, it's a decent effort. But to be honest, I don't know a single BVB fan that gave a shit about it. Sure, losing the final to Bayern of all teams sucked but playing a final was awesome enough for us. Bayern fans coming up with winning the CL was predictable and kinda boring. They should have done something witty with Götze if they wanted to hit a weak spot.

I think Götze scoring the 1:0 was witty enough. Apparently the stadium got really quiet lol.

GorillaJu

Enrique has had surgery and will be out for at least 10 weeks. Bugger. Flanagan played well but my first choice would be to play Johnson at LB and McLaughlin at RB.

First choice a youngster whose never played a game in his life for the first team?

I think Flanagan has earned his place, IMO. It's suicidal to have all out attackers on both flanks. It's something Wenger has always stuck to - a more offensive-minded fullback on one side who gets to the byline and joins the attack, and the other side a more defensive-minded player who only can whip in a cross if you win possession high up the pitch.

Stevie on Flanno:

There may have been eyebrows raised at Jon Flanagan's inclusion at left-back, particularly after the difficulties he faced in his favoured right-back role at Arsenal, but the 20-year-old produced a tireless, intelligent performance. It moved Steven Gerrard to say: "Our star man for me was Jon Flanagan by a country mile. He doesn't get many headlines but as captain of the team he was the player I am most proud of. I thought he was unbelievable. He's been fighting hard in training just to get in the 18, never mind the starting 11, but the manager threw him in at the deep end against a top-class player like [Kevin] Mirallas and I thought he was sensational. It was one of the best derby performances I have seen for many years. He reminds me of [Jamie] Carragher in a lot of ways. I don't think you would judge Jon in terms of ability or skill, but he is all about heart, desire, determination and fighting for the cause."

Elchele

I really hope Dortmund gets a win tomorrow, CL would be too boring without them.

How do you expect the defense line to look like? Since Friedrich can't play

GorillaJu

Here's a good one:

our midfield against Leverkusen

hahahahahaha

oh

;_;

You guys did fine against Leverkusen last time and I think you will this time as well. It's that "do well in Europe, shit at home" formula that plagues PL teams so often.

I wouldn't give up on the CL, not just yet anyway. In his first year at Liverpool, Rafa won us the CL despite not playing well domestically.

You guys did fine against Leverkusen last time and I think you will this time as well. It's that "do well in Europe, shit at home" formula that plagues PL teams so often.

I wouldn't give up on the CL, not just yet anyway. In his first year at Liverpool, Rafa won us the CL despite not playing well domestically.

Our midfield vs Leverkusen can only consist of Giggs, Cleverley, and Anderson. Fellaini is suspended.

Mastadon

Banned
First choice a youngster whose never played a game in his life for the first team?

I think Flanagan has earned his place, IMO. It's suicidal to have all out attackers on both flanks. It's something Wenger has always stuck to - a more offensive-minded fullback on one side who gets to the byline and joins the attack, and the other side a more defensive-minded player who only can whip in a cross if you win possession high up the pitch.

Stevie on Flanno:

Yeah I had some serious reservations about Flanagan before the Arsenal match, but he's been solid in both matches played and deserves a run in the first team. He's definitely improved and matured since the last time he started.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

that 0-0 in Turin was such an embarrassing result, one of our worst games under Capello.

Zlatan is no Trezeguet.

Sup guys.

Not been in this thread in a while.

KIKARIAN! What's up homie

How do you expect the defense line to look like? Since Friedrich can't play
I must admit I have no idea. Bender could cover CB but he is very important as DM, see Saturday when he went off.

It's going to be Großkreutz-Sokratis-Bender/Kehl/Günter-Durm. I'd go with Bender in midfield, just keep Napoli away from our goal and we need no amazing CB.

Walshy

Yeah I had some serious reservations about Flanagan before the Arsenal match, but he's been solid in both matches played and deserves a run in the first team. He's definitely improved and matured since the last time he started.
Watched a three minute highlight video before of him vs Everton.

He got better as the game went on, deserves a run like you said. Huge chance for him.

Who wants a Balotelli? We'll throw in Matri and Zapata as well, it's an amazing bundle.

He'll play well for six months, then fuck everything up and show late to training TWICE in two days. 20m and he's yours. Matri and Zapata are free.

Joking aside, yesterday he showed up at Milanello 10 minutes late, today he was 25 minutes late. On Saturday, after the game vs Genoa, 400 Milan supporters clearly asked both Kakà and Abbiati to do something about the players who go clubbing until 6am when they have training the next morning (Kakà and Abbiati didn't try to even say that wasn't true, which says A LOT). If Balo has to be our top player with the highest wage while acting like this, then maybe it's for the best to sell him in January.

Also, I've to say that Kakà is way, way better than I expected. He's one of the few who actually cares about Milan (him, De Jong, Montolivo and maybe Abate and De Sciglio), too bad he's in a hopeless team with a hopeless manager and board.

L1NETT

holllllly fuck at those PSN digital game prices (UK)

All 3 EA Games (BF,NFS,FIFA) are £63!

And anyone who pays £53 for KZ or Knack needs their head examining.

holllllly fuck at those PSN digital game prices (UK)

All 3 EA Games (BF,NFS,FIFA) are £63!

And anyone who pays £53 for KZ or Knack needs their head examining.

Just buy digital games off Amazon.com or US PSN, works out cheaper and you can play them on your UK account.

Nyx

Yassin loves his mama

T9j4raE.png

Great prospect, curious to see where he will play in 5 years or so

L1NETT

Just buy digital games off Amazon.com or US PSN, works out cheaper and you can play them on your UK account.

That's a shout, just absurd how EA can charge 63 squid for a game. Yay digital future on consoles. 180 for 3 games? You could buy a slim used PS3 500GB and The Last of Us for that money.

---

Kikarian...you need to catch up before next wednesday..because as they say everything changes...In a flash ;-)

Anyone that judges someone else's wallet first though ;-)

Haha fair point :)

Clegg

I still can't believe we did so well against them in the first half so close to a first win
We played extremely well, bit that'll come as no consolation to the players. Some of those lads are close to retirement and won't have another chance to play New Zealand. Yesterday was their last chance and they fell just short. Just read some of the post game interviews given by the players; they're devastated.

Zabojnik

Who wants a Balotelli? We'll throw in Matri and Zapata as well, it's an amazing bundle.

He'll play well for six months, then fuck everything up and show late to training TWICE in two days. 20m and he's yours. Matri and Zapata are free.

Joking aside, yesterday he showed up at Milanello 10 minutes late, today he was 25 minutes late. On Saturday, after the game vs Genoa, 400 Milan supporters clearly asked both Kakà and Abbiati to do something about the players who go clubbing until 6am when they have training the next morning (Kakà and Abbiati didn't try to even say that wasn't true, which says A LOT). If Balo has to be our top player with the highest wage while acting like this, then maybe it's for the best to sell him in January.

Also, I've to say that Kakà is way, way better than I expected. He's one of the few who actually cares about Milan (him, De Jong, Montolivo and maybe Abate and De Sciglio), too bad he's in a hopeless team with a hopeless manager and board.

This team is in a desperate need of a Conte-like manager. A sergente di ferro, if you will.

Nyx

Any Footy-GAF Fifa 14 nextgen impressions?

Really on the fence... (want NBA 2k14 or FIFA 14 next to Killzone, but which...)

FAO Scum, Pulga, whoever else has played Zelda: ALBW:

Got the first crystal, and I'm heading to the Tower of Hera, where do I get the Hammer? :(

Mastadon

Banned
Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 22m
And happy 25th birthday to another former Liverpool legend, Jay Spearing. pic.twitter.com/UeeQqlkkEV

rvy

Banned
FAO Scum, Pulga, whoever else has played Zelda: ALBW:

Got the first crystal, and I'm heading to the Tower of Hera, where do I get the Hammer? :(

Go up. As soon as you get on the grass turn right, then left, then straight.

Bunch of peddlecocks over there. Bash their heads in. Hammer is near.

Elchele

Yes, I would like some opinions from FIFA 14 PS4 users. I know the game is not next-gen at all, it's EA Sports, but I would like to know if the gameplay is still good.

I have to buy a game, mostly to try the PS4 disc drive, and FIFA 14 is my first choice.

rvy

Banned
Yes, I would like some opinions from FIFA 14 PS4 users. I know the game is not next-gen at all, it's EA Sports, but I would like to know if the gameplay is still good.

I have to buy a game, mostly to try the PS4 disc drive, and FIFA 14 is my first choice.

No, you dumbass. NBA 2K14.

nba-2k14cnrd8.gif

Top Bottom