• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Constant deleted his Twitter account yesterday, apparently he had enough after the banner shown on Saturday ("Where there once was the Great Milan, now there are Zapata and Constant", or something like that).

Now, if only he could delete himself from Milan, things would be much better.

--

Meanwhile, there are reports of a few players saying that if Galliani leaves, they won't stay with us and leave right away. Maybe Balo is one of them, I hope he gets the fuck out of here as soon as possible, after April he has been shit.

bjaelke

3F27D5e.png

Soldado's "heat" map from the City game.

Clegg

Would Inter try to re-sign Balotelli? They have the cash to do it now.

He really needs to settle down as he's in danger of never fulfilling his talent. He flopped at City and he appears to be doing the same at Milan.

cremino

Constant deleted his Twitter account yesterday, apparently he had enough after the banner shown on Saturday ("Where there once was the Great Milan, now there are Zapata and Constant", or something like that).

Now, if only he could delete himself from Milan, things would be much better.

--

Meanwhile, there are reports of a few players saying that if Galliani leaves, they won't stay with us and leave right away. Maybe Balo is one of them, I hope he gets the fuck out of here as soon as possible, after April he has been shit.

I tought Constant deleted his account because the fans insulted him

He really needs to settle down as he's in danger of never fulfilling his talent. He flopped at City and he appears to be doing the same at Milan.

If he keeps up playing like this, he'll end up like Cassano in a mid-table team (inb4 "but Milan are already a mid-table team". You know what I mean).

As of today, I don't think there's a single team that would like to bring in a dickhead like him, especially in January. I'm not sure if Inter would ever re-sign him, they kind of already have a team in mind and Balo would inevitably change everything.

In the past few days there have been rumors about Chelsea and Real Madrid, probably at this point his best shot would be going with Mou once again, I don't think there's another manager capable of handling him.
I tought Constant deleted his account because the fans insulted him
That too, probably. Something definitely went sideways this weekend for him, both inside the stadium and outside.

cremino

Nope, I only heard of Chelsea is interested but Mou denied it

L1NETT

Was there a gravitational force field blocking Soldado from going into the penalty area?

What a chump.

--

Shatner you could add a watermark. If you want.

Yen

If he keeps up playing like this, he'll end up like Cassano in a mid-table team (inb4 "but Milan are already a mid-table team". You know what I mean).

As of today, I don't think there's a single team that would like to bring in a dickhead like him, especially in January. I'm not sure if Inter would ever re-sign him, they kind of already have a team in mind and Balo would inevitably change everything.

In the past few days there have been rumors about Chelsea and Real Madrid, probably at this point his best shot would be going with Mou once again, I don't think there's another manager capable of handling him.

That too, probably. Something definitely went sideways this weekend for him, both inside the stadium and outside.

Brendan+Rodgers

Challenge Accepted

Scum

Was there a gravitational force field blocking Soldado from going into the penalty area?

What a chump.

--

Shatner you could add a watermark. If you want.

Like Arnie mentioned yesterday. We have no-one pulling the strings the ways Bale did. Because of this, everyone's lost at sea. Or in Soldado's case, lost in centre circle.
AVB and the team need to get it into their heads that Bale isn't there anymore and get his shit together again. I'd use Lamela as the troublemaker.

#FreeLamela

Scum

I really do think he's a good striker. AVB does need to remind everyone that he's there to score and that they should be doing everything to help him do that. He's not Bale and we don't have him anymore.

I'd like to see play on Thursday.

GorillaJu

I really do think he's a good striker. AVB does need to remind everyone that he's there to score and that they should be doing everything to help him do that. He's not Bale and we don't have him anymore.

I'd like to see play on Thursday.

I genuinely pity Soldado. I feel a kind of responsibility for foreign players who come to the PL, and as a fan I want to have some hospitality in spirit and it kind of angers me that the Spurs midfield can't find him a good chance in a dangerous position. But from Soldado's point of view he's probably feeling like a miserable sack. He looks like a cool dude (._.)

Wilbur

Banned
Soldado was superb in Spain. Obviously it doesn't always translate, and he shouldn't be avoiding blame, but Spurs are literally giving him no service. There was a moment where he peeled off the last defender when Walker had it, he just needed to put it over the top. He turned around and passed it back to Dawson.

Scum

I genuinely pity Soldado. I feel a kind of responsibility for foreign players who come to the PL, and as a fan I want to have some hospitality in spirit and it kind of angers me that the Spurs midfield can't find him a good chance in a dangerous position. But from Soldado's point of view he's probably feeling like a miserable sack. He looks like a cool dude (._.)

The midfield piss me off too. They're all bloody good players but I think it's Bale still lingering on most of their minds, especially Townsend. AVB should put a stop to these inside forward nonsense and just lump Towsend into a winger's role. Get the damn balls into the box!

----------------- Soldado -------------
Townsend -- Eriksen -- Lamela

or

----------------- Soldado --------------
Townsend -- Lamela -- Lennon

or

Kane -- Soldado
----- Lamela ----

bud

yeah, even though they overpaid for him by quite a bit, it's not only his fault that it's not really working out thus far. a striker like him pretty much exclusively relies on the service he's getting, which he's not.

i don't see avb being their manager next season even though, as of now, he's only two point behind a possible champions league spot. after twelve games there needs to be a semblance of... something. anything.

Marc

Wait a minute, Sturridge comes on to save the day after having pretty much earnt all of Liverpool's important points in Rodgers time and he gets shit for it? Liverpool would be nowhere last season and this season without him. Meanwhile Suarez travels the globe for every Uruguay game, makes racist remarks, bites people, dives, lashes out etc. and gets a nice cuddle for it each time. If Sturridge did all those things, would he be a Liverpool player right now?

A player cannot just refuse to play for his manager, would Rodgers listen to Sturridge if he said he needed a rest for a game against United so he could be fit for an England qualifier? Haha... jokes.

Seems more like Rodgers got asked "Why did you think dropping your top goalscorer was a good idea?" and got defensive about it.

3F27D5e.png

Soldado's "heat" map from the City game.

Wow, looks like he hit the bullseye in standing. Its something I guess.

I am indeed a video editor. A soon to be unemployed one.

Great GIF, hopefully you find another job soon. Should try and get a job for Marca, they love a bit of video manipulation. :)

GorillaJu

yeah, even though they overpaid for him by quite a bit, it's not only his fault that it's not really working out thus far. a striker like him pretty much exclusively relies on the service he's getting, which he's not.

i don't see avb being their manager next season even though, as of now, he's only two point behind a possible champions league spot. after twelve games there needs to be a semblance of... something. anything.

I think it's player recruitment that's the issue and as far as I know AVB isn't in charge of that. Spurs bought a smattering of highly-rated players like Lamela, Dembele, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue and Eriksen but they just don't seem to click the way you'd want them to. I could be wrong about whose responsibility it is to find players but it does feel to me like they were bought because they were available, highly-rated and the money was there, not necessarily because AVB wanted them for his team.

Scum

I wonder how Willi got on last night...

I am indeed a video editor. A soon to be unemployed one.
Oh, man. That's shite. :-/

Soldado was superb in Spain. Obviously it doesn't always translate, and he shouldn't be avoiding blame, but Spurs are literally giving him no service. There was a moment where he peeled off the last defender when Walker had it, he just needed to put it over the top. He turned around and passed it back to Dawson.

Fucking Walker. Daft as a cunt English player. But the lack of service to Soldado is fucking shambolic.

----- Kane/Adebayor ---- Soldado -------------
------------------------ Lamela ----------------------
Townsend ---- Holtby -- Sandro --- Lennon
---- Vertoghen -- Dawson -- Chiriches ----
----------------------- Lloris -------------------------

Send a bung to 3Sixty for Clyne and Shaw in January.
iKmmmdHMxjC92.png

GorillaJu

morsel, your honest opinion on this winter jacket:

Surplus M65 Regiment jacket

Looks good. I am a big fan of M65s and that one looks nice. Just make sure you get the right size. I've had two M65s I ordered online and exchanged both of them because they were too big. It's pretty common for surplus/military replica stuff to run large.

Top Bottom