• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

t1386910800z0.png

ibnKv6K1m09MBX.gif

And they were going to sell him to Hull. No idea why, he's their best striker by far.

I'd have liked to see him play with Lukaku more often. Lukaku has yet to show that he's capable of playing in a poaartnership I think, and a player like Long seems like a good fit if it was to happen

Wilbur

Banned
I always liked Long, very Robbie Keane-esque.

Yeah; I'd hesitate to say he should move to a bigger club because West Brom are solidifying themselves in the pack behind the title chasers, but a few years ago I would have said Everton and Villa, clubs like that, could do far worse than buy him.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd have liked to see him play with Lukaku more often. Lukaku has yet to show that he's capable of playing in a poaartnership I think, and a player like Long seems like a good fit if it was to happen

Yeah, Clarke liked one or the other; was the right choice considering where they finished and the fact that Mulumbu, Yacob and Brunt are all good players, but at home a few times it would have been nice to see them go with two more often. They tried to get him this year as well, didn't they? Probably the reason Long didn't get sold in the end.

Long is like the player Kevin Doyle would have turned into if he wasn't shite

@Wilbs, yeah, not sure why Chelsea opted to send him to a club that had an even slight chance of fighting with them when West Brom wanted him as well

Wilbur

Banned
Villa looking absolutely woeful

Long is like the player Kevin Doyle would have turned into if he wasn't shite

@Wilbs, yeah, not sure why Chelsea opted to send him to a club that had an even slight chance of fighting with them when West Brom wanted him as well

Probably a chance to prove himself with a better team, I guess. WBA > Everton > Chelsea seems a good level of progression

Zabojnik

Cagliari, like many other provincial teams, are going about this the wrong way. Not pressing Roma, waiting for them in front of the box. It's a tactical suicide.

Top Bottom