• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Villa looking absolutely woeful

Probably a chance to prove himself with a better team, I guess. WBA > Everton > Chelsea seems a good level of progression

Yeah, starting every week at Everton as well

Good timing on the 3DS!

What are you getting with the PS4 day one?

Killzone and Battlefield. Neither have Parties :(

Hitch I swear you change your avatar daily.

I had to change to this one because

Congrats Hitcher

#BringBackUrPenisAvatar

:p

Was gonna go for this one anyway but was waiting to have it trasparified :)

@Wilbs, yeah, not sure why Chelsea opted to send him to a club that had an even slight chance of fighting with them when West Brom wanted him as well

It was Lukaku that wanted to go to Everton and not West Brom.

Of course it was dumb to loan him out in the first place, but rather have him play for the best team possible and lets face it, Everton won't challenge up there by the end of the season.

Congrats Hitch!

3-0 Rangers just about halftime, christ we're gonna have some goal difference this season...

Do you reckon you'll have an SPL-ready team when you're in the Championship (if that's what you call the second division) or will you go ballistic with transfers after getting promoted back to the top level?

Zabojnik

Roma are going to be in the fight until the end of the season. It's like looking at Conte's first year Juve. That same determination. One game per week, no distractions, 3 points as the only option.

Bravo, Garcia, bravo.

Wilbur

Banned
wilbs denis plays for atalanta

u mean we shud buy'm?

i know but radja sounds too much like gnasher for me to pass up

but yes buy him anyway Menace > Tevez

Roma are going to be in the fight until the end of the season. It's like looking at Conte's first year Juve. That same determination. One game per week, no distractions, 3 points as the only option.

Bravo, Garcia, bravo.

Forza Roma xoxo

I love my new shirt. One of my favourite football shirts ever. Dat lack of kit maker logo

How do the Scottish leagues work now? Is it two more promotions to get into the SPL?

Aye its basically copied the English system.

Premier League
Championship
League One (us)
League Two
Fuck knows, some pyramid system apparently

Do you reckon you'll have an SPL-ready team when you're in the Championship (if that's what you call the second division) or will you go ballistic with transfers after getting promoted back to the top level?

We really should, its all down to management how we'll do. We've taken some of the best players from the SPL clubs outside of Celtic and have the second highest wage bill in Scottish football. Daly was Dundee Utd's best striker, Law was Motherwell's best midfielder - they wouldn't get into a rangers team when we were at the top, but it should be good enough for 3rd or 2nd, won't be winning it in a while bar a miracle if I'm honest.

I'm a little worried how we're affording it tbh, season tickets are as good as ever but the TV/sponsor money will be a fraction. There's a lot of suspicion about the board just now too, not certain what to make of it all.

Wilbur

Banned
Remember when WBA was gonna sell Long to Hull?

Thought that was a bit of a strange decision. I've always rated him.

They were going to get Lukaku back on loan, and had signed Anichebe, Anelka and Sessegnon. I can understand Long probably thought he wasn't going to get minutes and perhaps wanted to go, but they should have just not signed Anichebe or Anelka really.

K1LLER7

SNAP! I played I too. I quite liked it. Dat controller though, it's so good.
Yeah, Controller is awsome. Touchpad feels nice.

Spent 30 mins on it. Liked the UI. From what I played of it, Knack is average :p

Would've preferred to see something like Killzone.

Zabojnik

That's alright, because we'll be on the same boat next week.

brendannod.gif

Walshy

They were going to get Lukaku back on loan, and had signed Anichebe, Anelka and Sessegnon. I can understand Long probably thought he wasn't going to get minutes and perhaps wanted to go, but they should have just not signed Anichebe or Anelka really.
Long is a lot better than Anichebe and Anelka in my opinion.

Didn't Long turn down the move if memory serves me right?

Long is a lot better than Anichebe and Anelka in my opinion.

Didn't Long turn down the move if memory serves me right?

I thought it was because they knew they were gonna miss out on Lukaku.

Well if they still wanna sell him they can tag on a couple more mil now for sure.

Top Bottom