• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Clegg

Absolutely disgusting that he's our best central midfielder with Carrick out :lol. I can't help but find that hilarious.

Fellaini is a much better player than what he's shown so far, but with every passing game I start to wonder if he'll ever come good.

There are plenty of midfielders out there who would improve our midfield and Woodward says we have the money to get them. Now it's just a case of identifying the right one and bringing him in.

Kenka

I hope Dortmund win (no shit).
I like Napoil though and they have their chances to say the least !

It's gonna be a good game. Serie A bros, rejoice with us in advance !

Bravely Default looks pretty good. Really like the artstyle except for the characters, but I can get over that.

Can you at least temporarily disable random battles though? Sometimes I just wanna explore without them interrupting, and then turn them on when I need to grind

Meier

This is the game yesterday in a nutshell.

1476333_10153550450850455_656188769_n.jpg

Amazing photo. Not quite as amazing as the gif from Shatner though.

Elchele

Already?
3AQmK.gif

I didn't like the first few episodes tbh, it picks up later on though.

Last one I watched was episode 6, loved it.
I think that watching the show directly after watching The Silence of the Lambs made it a lot easier for me to like it.

Kenka

Code:
[B]Dortmund[/B] 1-0 Neapolis

Bukarest 0-1 [B]Schalke 04 [/B]

[B]Arsenal[/B]  3-1 Marseille 

Basel    1-1 Chelsea

Zenit    0-0 Atletico 

Ajax     0-1 [B]Barcelona[/B] 

Celtic   1-1 AC Mailand 

[B]Porto[/B]    4-0 Austria Wien

panty

Following tests carried out today on Cristiano Ronaldo by Real Madrid’s Medical Services at the Sanitas La Moraleja hospital, he has been found to have an injured left thigh. More information will become clear depending on his progress.

Fku0u.gif

Was so excited to hear another new Killers song, but it sucks :/

It's the "anti-song" to Shot at the Night, and the video is basically a clipshow from their videos in the past 10 years. I don't think it's great either and I keep thinking that they wrote those two just because of the ten years anniversary (they feel forced, imho), so their greatest hits compilation would've had something new inside.

Sadly, I don't think they'll ever go back to Hot Fuss or Sam's Town, they keep trying new things every year and never settle for a definite style. I still like their work, but I wish they could write something along those songs sooner or later. Oh well, maybe the Christmas song will be nice.

Code:
[B]Dortmund[/B] 1-0 Neapolis

Bukarest 0-1 [B]Schalke 04 [/B]

[B]Arsenal[/B]  3-1 Marseille 

Basel    1-1 Chelsea

Zenit    0-0 Atletico 

Ajax     0-1 [B]Barcelona[/B] 

Celtic   1-1 AC Mailand 

[B]Porto[/B]    4-0 Austria Wien

A 1-0 would be a shit result for us. Arsenal is basically through with a win against Marseille (unless they lose 5-0 or something against Napoli) and I'm afraid will play a b-team against Napoli. In that case (which is rather likely, I don't see Marseille winning tomorrow) and a Napoli win, we could score as many goals as we want against Marseille and it wouldn't matter. So, at least a 2-0 please.

Lightning

Banned
A 1-0 would be a shit result for us. Arsenal is basically through with a win against Marseille (unless they lose 5-0 or something against Napoli) and I'm afraid will play a b-team against Napoli. In that case (which is rather likely, I don't see Marseille winning tomorrow) and a Napoli win, we could score as many goals as we want against Marseille and it wouldn't matter. So, at least a 2-0 please.
We really need to top the group and the only way to ensure we do that is to pick up 4 points from our remaining games. Top of the group isn't as essential for Dortmund as you cannot draw Bayern and you can get Chelsea or United whom you can beat.

If we finish 2nd we get either Bayern, spainsifn top 3 or PSG. I won't be very keen on second string Napoli game.

Top Bottom