• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Arnie

Think he meant Lambert was gambling lol

Best young British coach for my money

tumblr_mtoqxuhoDq1rz0i9ho2_500.jpg

Really annoyed Roma drew, had them and a midlands draw on my Skybet.

Wilbur

Banned
the fuck is weimann doing

Looks like his name is Vlada Avramov. Moved to Italy from Serbia in 2001 and has been playing there since. Been at Cagliari since 2011 and only has 7 apps apparently. o_O

That save at the end was phenomenal, almost knocked himself out on the post :lol

Wilbur

Banned
If you're a football hipster, yes.

Not really, though.

Think B-Rod's tactical decisions and subs during a game leave a lot to be desired sometimes; Lambert's far better at changing a game from the bench, not just based on tonight but at Norwich especially he'd change formations throughout the game and had a good versatile and flexible squad.

When they were at similar clubs, Swansea got all the praise for their passing game but Norwich were more impressive that year I thought.

cremino

Looks like his name is Vlada Avramov. Moved to Italy from Serbia in 2001 and has been playing there since. Been at Cagliari since 2011 and only has 7 apps apparently. o_O

Agazzi is ahead of him in the peking order but he's injured, so Avramov is playing

Wilbur

Banned
Don't rate Howe or Dyche. Dyche was fucking horrid for the Hornets and has had half a good season. Howe has proved himself at one club.

Horrid? They finished higher than they had since the season they were just relegated, with a better points total than Mackay got. Only got sacked because of the Italian owners coming in wanting Zola.

And Howe did a great job at Bournemouth and is doing so now. He's only 35, he can be put under the umbrella of good young coach; he hasn't had time to prove himself at many other places :lol

Wenger's only proved himself at one club. Guardiola's only proved himself at one club. It's obviously stretching the similarities, but please baby, look how young he is.

Blablurn

Apparently some Bayern players are leaking some crucial information to the press. Pep said he will find them, and he will cut them.

Walshy

Think B-Rod's tactical decisions and subs during a game leave a lot to be desired sometimes; Lambert's far better at changing a game from the bench, not just based on tonight but at Norwich especially he'd change formations throughout the game and had a good versatile and flexible squad.

When they were at similar clubs, Swansea got all the praise for their passing game but Norwich were more impressive that year I thought.
Rodgers doesn't just stick to 4-3-3, he's completely unpredictable with his tactics. One week you'll be playing 3 at the back, the next game he would pick a 4-4-2 and the next he's playing a 4-5-1-1. That's all in our last three games.

Rodgers tactical decisions are mostly spot on in the match. His subs are hit and miss most of the time. My only gripe with him is he doesn't rotate as much as he should, but he's certainly the best british manager around at the moment.

Linius

This Lorde girl is starting to annoy me big time. They play that awful song of hers at least three times on the radio during my eight hour shift at work :/

Well, time for the Boardwalk Empire finale then.

Can't wait for tomorrow to face Barcelona by the way. Praying for a point.

Wilbur

Banned
Rodgers doesn't just stick to 4-3-3, he's completely unpredictable with his tactics. One week you'll be playing 3 at the back, the next game he would pick a 4-4-2 and the next he's playing a 4-5-1-1. That's all in our last three games.

Rodgers tactical decisions are spot on in the match as is his subs. My only gripe with him is he doesn't rotate, but he's certainly the best british manager around at the moment.

I didn't say he'd stick to them, just that throughout a match I don't think he's especially adept at changing them to get them to work. Beforehand, pre-game? Yeah sure, although playing 3 at the back against Arsenal recently was odd, as was giving Johnson the duty to mark Lukaku instead of Agger, Skrtel.

I think Martinez's subs were better than Rodgers' yesterday; you can point to Sturridge coming on and scoring I guess.

Anyway there's not much in it, I'm not criticising Rodgers per se, just that I rate Lambert a little more highly.

Meier

Delph is quality. Great tackle on that previous attack for West Brom. How Cleverly is ahead of him (and so many others) for England is beyond me.

pulga

Banned
as gooners like to say

TOP OF THE LEAGUE MATE

suck my cunt

pps Boardwalk Empire was HNNNGGGGGG!! Best season yet!

S4 > S2 > S1 > S3

Blablurn

Pepe dealing with the chicas.

1615653541-fcb_training_sampics_13_20131124-141855-aDqdbF9yt09.jpg

Badstuber is still around too. Will miss the rest of the season though.

143533952-fcb_training_sampics_07_20131124-142756-3i09.jpg

Sammer being creepy as usual

658199291-fcb_training_sampics_06_20131124-141804-C09.jpg

Thiago and Götze in one team. Sounds like Football Manager coming to life

1641355216-fcb_training_sampics_04_20131124-141830-2e09.jpg

L1NETT

Horrid? They finished higher than they had since the season they were just relegated, with a better points total than Mackay got. Only got sacked because of the Italian owners coming in wanting Zola.

And Howe did a great job at Bournemouth and is doing so now. He's only 35, he can be put under the umbrella of good young coach; he hasn't had time to prove himself at many other places :lol

Lol Howe choked when he went to a big club. Good manager at a tinpot club, don't insult Pep and Arsene by comparing them to Eddie Howe lol.

Dyche is decent enough, but bunged youth at Watford and had luck in the loan market (Weimann, Kightly). Most of the shite he brought is now farting about in league one and two. And he is fortunate to have a in form Danny Ings at Burnley. He isn't some tactical genius, just a bog standard manager.

But eh, let's see where they end up. I'm guessing unemployed and anonymous in a year and a half :p

---

The M Machine - Tiny Anthem. Song of forever

Wes

venison crêpe
Very pleased we got a point after that dire first half. Gutsy changes worked for LAmbert.

Glad Westy got his first goal for the club with a stunner.

Arnie

I don't disagree with your estimation of Lambert, Wilbur, I just don't see that as anywhere near as impressive as what Rodgers has turned Liverpool into over the 18 months he's been here. Liverpool have jumped since he came in, and that's so much more than just money spent or substitutions made.

Liverpool had a mental rot before Rodgers came in, now we're the sort of team who crushes those below us and answers a defeat with a win.

I look at getting rid of Reina and bringing in Mignolet and that's a wonderfully bold decision that only great managers make. I look at how someone like Henderson has progressed under him, or the way he's coerced the likes of Skrtel into form, and I just think he's excellent.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd like to thank Wilbury, Arnie and Salazar for enriching my vocabulary with all those fancy English words. Keep up the good work.

You're most welcome my darling sectarian

This is like something Confuziz would say.

But I do believe managers matter, I was never part of the #WengerOut brigade; without him you'd be dwelling in the bottomless pit of despair that Moyeezus likes to scrub his genitals in.

Lol Howe choked when he went to a big club. Good manager at a tinpot club, don't insult Pep and Arsene by comparing them to Eddie Howe lol.

Dyche is decent enough, but bunged youth at Watford and had luck in the loan market (Weimann, Kightly). Most of the shite he brought is now farting about in league one and two. And he is fortunate to have a in form Danny Ings at Burnley. He isn't some tactical genius, just a bog standard manager.

But eh, let's see where they end up. I'm guessing unemployed and anonymous in a year and a half :p

I don't think he's a tactical genius but... had luck = making good loan signings, in form striker = motivation and faith in striker is reaping rewards?

Top Bottom