• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Wilbur

Banned
BIZNoMC.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Wilbz. there's no way it's better than Homeland.

I haven't seen one minute of it and I refuse to believe it. Read a few Sepinwall reviews for it recently; seems fun enough but I have a feeling I'd be too fucking annoyed by plot holes or absurdities going on to enjoy it fully.

Fry

I haven't seen one minute of it and I refuse to believe it. Read a few Sepinwall reviews for it recently; seems fun enough but I have a feeling I'd be too fucking annoyed by plot holes or absurdities going on to enjoy it fully.

I was just trolling old school, but i love this season. It's much better than S2.

L1NETT

Dunno what would be my top though; have only listened to a tiny fraction of stuff, usually I catch up at the end of the year so I've only heard the big releases really. Reflektor, AM and Yeezus I loved. I'll catch up when people start releasing their best of lists.

Bowie, White Lies, Queens of the Stone Age, Toro y Moi, The Weekend and The National.

Go.

Hixx

Speaking of TV shows has anyone seen that Almost Human?

First episode was ok but the second one was great

Sexbots and everything

GorillaJu

Watched Diner yesterday for its 30 yr anniversary and I have now decided I'm going to wear a tie every day. Love that late 50s swagger.

Wilbur

Banned
Speaking of TV shows has anyone seen that Almost Human?

First episode was ok but the second one was great

Sexbots and everything

Is that the one with Karl Urban?

Oh and shittest album of the year:

MGMT - MGMT

Fucking garbage.

That was alright, first and second albums were TOP tho

My favs

Pusha T's
Drake's
Eminem's
AM's

JT's
QotSa's

Second 20/20 was shit. Eminem's is pretty good, Drake's was very good, haven't heard the other two yet

L1NETT

Settle is in my top 20 of the year but it's not even the best electronic album out this year that belongs to Darkside.

Mat Zo - Damage Control or Armin Van Buuren - Intense for that Walshy. But they aren't everyone's cuppa so I get if people don't like em.

That was alright, first and second albums were TOP tho

Ugh I hated it. Most of it sounded like they let a chimp lose and he just crashed into all their instruments and they decided to record that.

But yeah, first couple of albums are great.

Clegg

I forgot about The National and QoTSA. Their albums were every bit as good as Arcade Fire's and EoTS.

AM was good and Knee Socks is my fav song of the year, but overall the album isn't quite as strong as the others on my list.

Walshy

Pusha T's album was great. Was like he was getting back to his Hell Hath No Fury days after so much sub par albums and eps since then. The production from Kanye and Pharell was great.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a song from Push's album featuring Kendrick Lamar.

I'll give it a whirlybob soon

I forgot about The National and QoTSA. Their albums were every bit as good as Arcade Fire's and EoTS.

AM was good and Knee Socks is my fav song of the year, but overall the album isn't quite as strong as the others on my list.

Haven't heard the National yet either.

When the Best Ofs come out mid december I just go on a massive downloading spree and binge it all then, there's far too much music released throughout a year to keep track of :(

Walshy

Mat Zo - Damage Control or Armin Van Buuren - Intense for that Walshy.
I've only heard This Is What It Feels Like off that Armin van Buuren album. I used to love him when I was younger and went through a phase of listening to trance and deep house.

Will have to give it a listen.

Meier

I was just trolling old school, but i love this season. It's much better than S2.

This season has been amazing.. watched 5 episodes yesterday to catch up. Can't wait to see how everything plays out.

Kelechi Iheanacho's dad says he is going to play for City. I didn't watch any of the U-17 Cup, but htis kid won the MVP of the tournament. Scored 6 goals for them.

Can't wait to smash Atletico's B team tomorrow.

FC Basel 1 v Chelsea 2
Steaua Bucuresti 0 v Schalke 04 2

Arsenal 2 v Marseille 0
Borussia Dortmund 1 v Napoli 0

Zenit St Petersburg 3 v Atletico Madrid 1
FC Porto 2 v Austria Vienna 0

Ajax Amsterdam 1 v Barcelona 3
Celtic 1 v AC Milan 1

Book it.

K1LLER7

Can't wait to smash Atletico's B team tomorrow.

FC Basel 1 v Chelsea 2

Arsenal 2 v Marseille 0
Borussia Dortmund 1 v Napoli 0

Zenit St Petersburg 3 v Atletico Madrid 1

Ajax Amsterdam 1 v Barcelona 3
Celtic 1 v AC Milan 1

Book it.
Chelsea 2-1
Schalke 2-1
Arsenal 3-0
B.Dortmund 2-1
Atletico 2-1
Porto 2-0
Barca 3-1
Celtic 1-1

Wilbur

Banned
FC Basel 1 v Chelsea 2

Arsenal 2 v Marseille 0
Borussia Dortmund 1 v Napoli 1

Zenit St Petersburg 2 v Atletico Madrid 1

Ajax Amsterdam 1 v Barcelona 2
Celtic 1 v AC Milan 1

Scum

"I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much yummier." Dat 90s Michelle Pfeiffer

FC Basel 1 v Chelsea 3
Steaua Bucuresti 0 v Schalke 04 3

Arsenal 3 v Marseille 0
Borussia Dortmund 3 v Napoli 1

Zenit St Petersburg 2 v Atletico Madrid 2
FC Porto 3 v Austria Vienna 0

Ajax Amsterdam 2 v Barcelona 4
Celtic 2 v AC Milan 1

Salazar

I feel bad for Michael Clarke.

When the message of your tough man banter is "I, being quite a short and unthreatening little tit, am going to get my quicks to bowl it short at you in the hope of injuring you", you should just keep it fucking zipped.

I feel bad for Michael Clarke.

When the message of your tough man banter is "I, being quite a short and unthreatening little tit, am going to get my quicks to bowl it short at you in the hope of injuring you", you should just keep it fucking zipped.

Meh, spices things up a bit. Things like that make the Ashes what it is, it's why Broad's bowling in the first innings was so special.

You're right though, Clarke should leave that to the big boys.

Scum

Meh, spices things up a bit. Things like that make the Ashes what it is, it's why Broad's bowling in the first innings was so special.

You're right though, Clarke should leave that to the big boys.

How was your escapades as of last night. Spill it!

shut up

stop talking about this

tell us what happened with the lady

How was your escapades as of last night. Spill it!

Well you guys obviously read more into it than I intended, nothing saucy was ever going to happen. Not then anyway. The 'wish me luck' was more because she could have really chewed me out over what I did the other night.

It was cool though, we had a good talk, I'll still have to play it cautiously but yeah, looks like I'll be able to save it.

Top Bottom