• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I haven't seen one minute of it and I refuse to believe it. Read a few Sepinwall reviews for it recently; seems fun enough but I have a feeling I'd be too fucking annoyed by plot holes or absurdities going on to enjoy it fully.
It's good fun.
Meaty stat.
Check out this one
67% - Roberto Soldado has scored/assisted a higher % of his team's goals than any other player in the PL/Football League this season.

dc89

BZ0QbtACYAAVFFs.jpg:large

Took from Next Gen screenshot thread.

dc PR Time

Manchester United's stadium gets a high tech upgrade

manchester%20united%20gets%20an%20upgrade.jpg

In April this year, the Manchester Evening News reported that Manchester United had commissioned an acoustic engineer to survey Old Trafford, to find out why 75,000 football fans were producing so little noise. The engineer's findings remain undisclosed, so wired asked Populous, the architecture firm that built Wembley Stadium and the Olympic Stadium, to redesign the Theatre of Dreams, with the aim of generating a better atmosphere. Christopher Lee, senior principal at the firm's London office, explains the modifications, all of which "are very feasible -- nothing we're talking about here is prohibitively expensive". Quick, Moyes -- sign him up!

Fanzone Ground
"The experience of a game starts when you leave home," says Lee. A fanzone, featuring screens, drinks and food, "extends that experience for the final mile into the stadium".

Crowd Energy
Harness the crowd's power: "These piezoelectric rockers move less than half a millimetre. Each time someone steps on one, energy is captured." It is then used to heat seats.

LED Screen
Double-sided OLED screens would update Old Trafford and allow the club's millions of fans worldwide "inside". "Branded United bars could have a live feed into the stadium."

LED Pitch
Lacing the turf with LEDs could add an edge to replays, highlighting how the play developed. "It's about bringing the information that you get at home into a three-dimensional arena."

Sound Cloud
With acoustic materials, "you can start directing sound in realtime, using reflective materials in the sound cloud that hangs over the whole stadium."

Communications
Populous fits its stadia with turbo Wi-Fi. "This is about using mobile devices to order a drink, and to get social interaction between those in the stadium and the remote audience."

Fanzone Roof
This extends the fanzone to the top of the stadium -- it could be a venue for pre- and post-match entertainment, or a viewing area for fans without tickets.the Kop A single-tier stand for 20,000 people. "It becomes the engine room for the atmosphere in that seating bowl.As it gets noisier, everyone else gets noisier -- it's natural amplification."

LED Façade
A Populous-designed stadium in Kazakhstan has a 160-metre-long video façade of "embedded red-green-blue LEDs on a mesh. You could have a 1,500-metre board to play live video."

http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2013/11/play/manchester-united-upgrade

Some of those ideas must have come straight from a satire website.

bjaelke

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
67% - Roberto Soldado has scored/assisted a higher % of his team's goals than any other player in the PL/Football League this season. Key.

OptaJoe is useless when they dont provide context.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
67% - Roberto Soldado has scored/assisted a higher % of his team's goals than any other player in the PL/Football League this season. Key.

OptaJoe is useless when they dont provide context.

We've scored 9 goals, he's scored 4 and assisted 1, thus 55%. I don't remember him getting more than 1 assist, unless that fluke Townsend goal counts.

Christ we're shit.

dc89

1-Clearly a failed 'trivela' cross
2-Jovecity would've scored with his failed trivela
3AQmK.gif

:lol he's gotta get off the treatment table first. :( :(

Gerrard looks a bit like Schweini

I kinda want FIFA on PS4. I guess it would make sense to sell my FIFA 14 for PS3 and put the money towards it.

dc PR Time

Manchester United's stadium gets a high tech upgrade

manchester%20united%20gets%20an%20upgrade.jpg

http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2013/11/play/manchester-united-upgrade

Some of those ideas must have come straight from a satire website.

Sleepless pls. There is only one re-vamped stadium in Manchester that anyone gives a damn about. The Last Hope of English Football. The Etihad Campus.

I kinda want FIFA on PS4. I guess it would make sense to sell my FIFA 14 for PS3 and put the money towards it.

If you bought it from GAME and still have the receipt, you can upgrade to the PS4 version for £10. That's what I'm doing on Friday for it and BF4 too. :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OMG WORTH THE DOUBLE POST

Milan legend Zvonimir Boban has launched a sensational attack on Milan’s Mario Balotelli.

“Let’s stop always talking about this Balotelli. In his life all he has done is sit on the bench at other clubs.

“He will always be smaller than Milan and Milan will always be bigger than him.

“In my Milan side he would have carried bags for players such as Marco Van Basten, George Weah and Andriy Shevchenko.”

“He would have been slapped by people like Paolo Maldini, Marcel Desailly, Sebastiano Rossi, Alessandro Costacurta and Franco Baresi for not arriving on time,” the Croatian added.

“His listless attitude demonstrates that he is unable to comprehend certain things with his brain, he doesn’t understand what wearing that shirt means.

“He should learn from Kaka, a boy who has won the Champions League, a World Cup, a Golden Ball. He’s certainly richer than Balotelli, yet he runs and works like a kid.”

FINALLY

tumblr_mr4qerkJKv1s8z5rho1_400.gif

But what balls

#Boban4President

No really, he should be more involved with Milan, have him manage something in the club, let him follow the first team closely. He seems much more ready to do that than Maldini.

It's really a shame we don't have more ex-players involved in our management. Berlu, his children, and Galliani always need to feel like the bosses, I guess.

D_prOdigy

Isn't there some better bundle out there? Maybe there'll be a 3D World bundle?

There is - Premium console + 3D World + NSMBU + NSLU + Mario Remote - £299

Not sure if it's only on the UK store though.

That's cheaper than what I paid just for the console + ZombiU. Barmy.

still love ZombiU more than life though.

Top Bottom