• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

GorillaJu

coeZU3t.png

suck it gooners

Hixx

Has anyone in here had to return a TV to Amazon before? Looks like the TV I ordered has a dodgy panel (and now has a couple of dead pixels on it...) that leaves blue trails on darker colours. Thought I'd be able to put up with it as rest of the tv is class for the price but it's getting on my tits now.

Didn't the Eagles kick their arse though? I seem to remember they did.

The eagles are reluctant to get involved at all, let alone put themselves at such risk. Even if they were more willing to get involved, the Nazgul and Ringwraiths would be stationed near Mt Doom*, and I think they outnumber the eagles, plus their fighting ability is fairly evenly matched.

*I assume they'd know how they were getting there, as they did when they fortified Mordor against on-foot trespassers because they knew that was how the ring would be arriving

Is that special Pokemon the only Mystery Gift, or are there more as you make your way through Pokemon? Farfetch'd is awesome, just twatting Pokemon aside with his mighty leeks

The Nazgul

Now fuck off

in LotR at least

Got sent a £10 gift card from Sainsbury's for nothing, cool :D

Hopefully they sell Bravely Default in store to use it on, doubt it though

Didn't the Eagles kick their arse though? I seem to remember they did.

The eagles are reluctant to get involved at all, let alone put themselves at such risk. Even if they were more willing to get involved, the Nazgul and Ringwraiths would be stationed near Mt Doom*, and I think they outnumber the eagles, plus their fighting ability is fairly evenly matched.

*I assume they'd know how they were getting there, as they did when they fortified Mordor against on-foot trespassers because they knew that was how the ring would be arriving

Is that special Pokemon the only Mystery Gift, or are there more as you make your way through Pokemon? Farfetch'd is awesome, just twatting Pokemon aside with his mighty leeks

Nazgul fell beasts innit

Hitcher the Nazgul ARE Ringwraiths please

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

Nazgul fell beasts innit

Ha, so they are. Watched the films multiple times, read the books 1 and a half times and always thought they were different things :D

I wonder what LotR would be like if it'd been as easy to read as The Hobbit. Tried reading The Silmarillion, couldn't get through 5 pages :(

edit: Holy fuck at that Ian Watkins news. I just assumed he was innocent since I couldn;t wrap my head around someonein the relatively public eye doing something so inhumane

dc89

Nazgul fell beasts innit

To clarify I'm not suggesting the Eagles break the story. I'm just saying they're pretty fucking cool. But they seem to be a bit OP.

To help you understand the Eagles are like Negredo. Nothing can stop them.

Wilbur

Banned
Ha, so they are. Watched the films multiple times, read the books 1 and a half times and always thought they were different things :D

I wonder what LotR would be like if it'd been as easy to read as The Hobbit. Tried reading The Silmarillion, couldn't get through 5 pages :(

Yeah it's so dry. Fantastic world builder but they're so boring to read.

To clarify I'm not suggesting the Eagles break the story. I'm just saying they're pretty fucking cool. But they seem to be a bit OP.

To help you understand the Eagles are like Negredo. Nothing can stop them.

Unlike Michael Dawson though, the Nazgul are a competent defense.

Wilbur

Banned
"Without Michael Carrick ticking things over and breaking up play – the England international has a league high of four interceptions per game this season – United were unable to win the battle in central areas, leading to an even contest on Sunday. The possession was split 50-50 between the sides, which, when you look at Cardiff's figures against City (30%), Chelsea (35%), Tottenham (36%) and Everton (37%), is a concern for United.
United's midfield pairing of Marouane Fellaini and Tom Cleverley completed just 78 passes between them from a total of 96 attempted (81.3% accurate). To put those figures into context, last season Carrick alone attempted 77.1 passes per game – just one fewer than the duo completed on Sunday – with an 88.1% accuracy.
Over this season and last United have only completed fewer passes in matches against Manchester City (twice), Southampton (twice), Arsenal and Tottenham than they did against Cardiff (311). That such a modest total came against a side that has averaged just 45.7% possession this season illustrates United's problems."

nooooooo

Thought I should tell you this, so there's the end to the story:
I guess I blew it with that girl. Well, I don't know if I really blew it as I didn't really try anymore but still, lol. Last day of class today, no idea if I see her again sometime. It was just such a strange feeling that it totally fucked with my head so I let it go.

Shit ending, I'm sorry, but life is no romantic comedy movie lol. Thought about giving you guys some pics but it would feel weird posting this here.
PM?

rvy

Banned
Thought I should tell you this, so there's the end to the story:
I guess I blew it with that girl. Well, I don't know if I really blew it as I didn't really try anymore but still, lol. Last day of class today, no idea if I see her again sometime. It was just such a strange feeling that it totally fucked with my head so I let it go.

Shit ending, I'm sorry, but life is no romantic comedy movie lol. Thought about giving you guys some pics but it would feel weird posting this here.
PM?

Yes.

Can I fap to her?

GorillaJu

"Without Michael Carrick ticking things over and breaking up play – the England international has a league high of four interceptions per game this season – United were unable to win the battle in central areas, leading to an even contest on Sunday. The possession was split 50-50 between the sides, which, when you look at Cardiff's figures against City (30%), Chelsea (35%), Tottenham (36%) and Everton (37%), is a concern for United.
United's midfield pairing of Marouane Fellaini and Tom Cleverley completed just 78 passes between them from a total of 96 attempted (81.3% accurate). To put those figures into context, last season Carrick alone attempted 77.1 passes per game – just one fewer than the duo completed on Sunday – with an 88.1% accuracy.
Over this season and last United have only completed fewer passes in matches against Manchester City (twice), Southampton (twice), Arsenal and Tottenham than they did against Cardiff (311). That such a modest total came against a side that has averaged just 45.7% possession this season illustrates United's problems."

nooooooo

Yeah Greg Bukowski was mentioning on the Football Weekly pretty much this exact thing.

I'm sure you could write a romantic comedy movie on the events from Ballack's POV, where a young student sets his heart ablaze and after his divorce he learns to love again. Sorry for the joke, I'm you'll get better soon.

Gerard Butler stars in this year's summer sensation, a film critics are calling 'the best romcom since Gerard Butler's last film.' Released September 24th in most cinemas, Gerard Butler is Michael Ballack in

Dropped A Ballack

bud

NO MAN CAN KILL THE BLACK RIDER

the black rider ends up getting killed by this small adorable blonde woman

fuck off.

NO MAN CAN KILL THE BLACK RIDER

the black rider ends up getting killed by this small adorable blonde woman

fuck off.

but that's the point. The black rider falls in love with the sexy woman so he agrees to get killed to prove his love. It's an old romantic trope.

bud

i've always had a problem with the battles. it looks massive in scale, but that's only due to cg. once they get up and close with the characters, you can immediately tell there are no more than fifteen people fighting at any given time. it completely breaks the illusion.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
First things first, LOTR fucking sucks.

The birds 'dun want to be involved in saving teh galaxy"? EXCEPT THEY DID

MORE THAN ONCE.

They're fucking birds! Enslave them, eat their kids and ride them to that fucking volcano.

The fact a Lord of the Rings movie won a best picture Oscar is a bigger travesty than Crash winning best picture.
The Artist won something.

Like, more than one award.

I'm sure you could write a romantic comedy movie on the events from Ballack's POV, where a young student sets his heart ablaze and after his divorce he learns to love again. Sorry for the joke, I'm you'll get better soon.

Haha, I'm totally fine with it. The movie should be from her POV, though. Making out with the famous former football star at a party in the first five minutes, Ballack ignoring her for 70 minutes during which some guy desperately tries to hit on her while she thinks everything sucks and then the big romantic ending for the last 15 minutes of the movie.

Yeah, sounds good, let's make this movie. I take Hitcher's suggestion. Gerard Butler as Ballack, Olga Kurylenko as the girl, Mario Götze as the desperate guy, Bud as the creepy sex guy, Wilbur as the chicken salesman, Blablurn as random BVB hater. Movie of the year 2014.

Yes.

Can I fap to her?
Can you?

They are also fucking shit each time. Spend 2 hours on stage teabagging dudes and having Jack Black walk around with a famethrower - give out half of your awards on the red carpet.

I know. The smiley was because I know I'll watch the cunting thing in the misguided hope of some PS4 announcements, and regret having watched it the moment it ends. Plus its presented by a man who looks like a crack-addicted Eddie Vedder with a soulpatch.

nooooooo

i61JlyxaXdmiq.gif

Top Bottom