• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Salazar

Ox1yeJo.jpg

Well you guys obviously read more into it than I intended, nothing saucy was ever going to happen. Not then anyway. The 'wish me luck' was more because she could have really chewed me out over what I did the other night.

It was cool though, we had a good talk, I'll still have to play it cautiously but yeah, looks like I'll be able to save it.
hercules-disappointed-o.gif

Scum

Well you guys obviously read more into it than I intended, nothing saucy was ever going to happen. Not then anyway. The 'wish me luck' was more because she could have really chewed me out over what I did the other night.

It was cool though, we had a good talk, I'll still have to play it cautiously but yeah, looks like I'll be able to save it.

So you had an enjoyable time in the company of lovely young lady. Even managed to behave yourself as well...
...Bah. Too bloody nice and civilized. Might as well get married. Should have had bud there instead.

ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

GorillaJu

Giroud's attitude is starting to grate. Like a coked up attention whore. Funny for the first five minutes, but overstayed it's welcome.

Lightning

Banned
Looking forward to Marsielle tomorrow. Win this one and we are practically guaranteed a place in the next round. Need the Dortmund game to go our way though.

The Napoli away game is sandwiched between Everton and Man City games so that's not entirely fair. Trip to Naples and then a trip to the Etihad and the following week a game against Chelsea. Our fixtures are shit.

Lightning

Banned
Eh, you've had some gentle league scheduling this time around. Dry your eyes.

Villa
Fulham
Spurs
Sunderland
Swansea
WBA
Norwich
Palace
Liverpool, Dortmund, United in 1 week in November and Everton, Napoli, Man City in 1 week in December followed by Chelsea is what I was referring to in my post.

Those are hard fixtures, especially with the CL games being bloody away games.

bjaelke

Based bendtner arrested and released yesterday night. Apparently for breaking into some gym rooms lol

Two more charges and we got enough material to justify a Christmas special.

* Photographed stumbling out of a London nightclub with his jeans around his ankles just hours after Arsenal Champions League semi-final defeat to Manchester United in 2009.
* He was arrested in September 2011 over a brawl at a luxury hotel while on loan at Sunderland.
* Fined £80,000 and banned for one match after pulling down his shorts to reveal bookmaker-sponsored underwear while playing for Denmark at the Euro 2012 tournament.
* He was arrested at the end of last season in Copenhagen for drink driving and was subsequently banned from the Danish national team for six months.
Oh my, that list doesn't include his drunk driving or his redneck rampage with Cattermole.

Lightning

Banned
David Villa, Diego Costa, Tiago, Filipe Luís, Diego Godín and Arda Turan did not travel at all to St. Petersburg. It will be a mixed team of some first team regulars and reserves at best.
Still going to prove too much for Zenit. Europa league beckons for you. CL curse to continue!

Hope you win. Fuck Portugal teams, they can all fuck off!

Salazar

So Tancredi got RT'd on to my timeline.

"City have contacted Casillas according to this mornings AS"

Joe is gonna bleat long and hard about "fighting for my place".

Anyhow, that Negredo 5th goal was immaculate. Love that man, even in a City shirt.

Carbonox

Well chuffed Villa drew. Means that 5 point gap between 9th and 10th is secured. Will piss off West Brom a lot so they're either gonna destroy Newcastle in retaliation or we'll destroy them
1-0

dc89

Have you seen the rumour in the Mirror? 15 million + Hart for Begovic

Well that's just silly. £15m and a player?! That's ludicrous.

Joe is gonna bleat long and hard about "fighting for my place".

Anyhow, that Negredo 5th goal was immaculate. Love that man, even in a City shirt.

Yeah he's awesome. Sky Sports have an interview with Navas and he said that Negredo is a perfect fit for the PL because he loves a physical game, that showed during that goal when a slap by Dawson couldn't stop him, he just carried on and scored.

sohois

Perhaps it was £1.5million plus Hart rather than 15. Even for City it would be a stupid offer unless they're valuing Hart at a negative value.

Kenka

A 1-0 would be a shit result for us. Arsenal is basically through with a win against Marseille (unless they lose 5-0 or something against Napoli) and I'm afraid will play a b-team against Napoli. In that case (which is rather likely, I don't see Marseille winning tomorrow) and a Napoli win, we could score as many goals as we want against Marseille and it wouldn't matter. So, at least a 2-0 please.
Dortmund won the direct comparison with Arsenal, right ? So I guess if we get three teams with 12 pts, Arsenal would be third.

Check out the very first international edition of the FCB.tv News http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m0QaK5t1Hs
Oh my, the second half is straight a satire.

dc89

iPhv9xP8w75Zl.gif

The linkup play between Aguero and Negredo is just something else.

i3sxlfY64WtQm.gif

i9dIX45AmqJCO.gif

If Vidic couldn't stop him, Dawson ain't.

ibzqmyGlRXe3TS.gif

For Yurt Baby

Dortmund won the direct comparison with Arsenal, right ? So I guess if we get three teams with 12 pts, Arsenal would be third.

The way I understood it, the direct comparison doesn't count if all three teams reach 12 points. The goals/points from the Marseille matches don't count, so all teams have 6 points. Then, only the goal difference would matter and a 1-0 win today shouldn't be enough for us.

All depends on us winning today, though. Then we can hope for Arsenal to win against Napoli.

Top Bottom