• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

GorillaJu

Suarez is incredible.

At times I've thought we would be fine with Sturridge as our leading striker, but when you see Suarez play it's just clear he's on a level above. The way he finds space to pick up the ball and spray out passes and still make it into the box for the finish... It's world class. You don't often see strikers pulling the strings all over the pitch.

Clegg

Apparently Wanyama is having a proper shocker. Tbh I'm not sure how good he actually is. A more physically gifted Tiote seems a goods description though.

You could write the script to our games. It's the same shite all the time. We can't cope with pressure, as soon as a team turns it on the slightest, we go to bits and concede. It's been like this for so long now.

Marc

Is Cissokho definitely a footballer?

He is up there with Paulo Ferreira in the worst touch and ability I have seen in the premier league. Can't control a ball to save his life, does nothing going forward and is a liability.

Need Sturridge to score badly, need dem fantasy points and I know nearly everyone in my league has Suarez now. :-(

GorillaJu

Apparently Wanyama is having a proper shocker. Tbh I'm not sure how good he actually is. A more physically gifted Tiote seems a goods description though.

To be fair, Tiote has also had his moment in the sun. He was one of the best PL defensive mids in 11-12.

Viva please, this team held you to a scoreless draw
I'm not trying to troll or anything.

We should have scored in that match and tbh we barely even tried to attack.

Madrid have good players in defence but not good defenders. They don't communicate and they're all rash. Also you don't defend as a team.

pulga

Banned
I think it's time to dip into the winter market for some new defenders. Pepe is past it, Ramos is dumb as bricks, Varane is a kid, Arbeloa is a disgrace.

bud

He is selfish, but that's who he is as a player and it works for him and for Liverpool. He's scored some great goals that by all rights shouldn't have been chances, and a less arrogant player would have probably tried to look to give the ball away instead of go for goal.

thing is, though, it's going to become a lot more noticeable and annoying now that suarez--who not only scores more goals, but also scores them easier--is back. like you said, suarez is clearly a step above sturridge, and i think he knows that, too. sturridge will want to prove himself even more now, to the detriment of his own team.

Manager

Is Cissokho definitely a footballer?

He is up there with Paulo Ferreira in the worst touch and ability I have seen in the premier league. Can't control a ball to save his life, does nothing going forward and is a liability.

Need Sturridge to score badly, need dem fantasy points and I know nearly everyone in my league has Suarez now. :-(

Had a check on Wiki, apparently Milan bid €15m for that guy couple years ago. Lyon bought him for that fee it seems. Wonder what happened?

"On 14 June 2009, Italian club Milan announced that the club had signed Cissokho, subject to medical, with a reported deal of €15 million.[18][19] Cissokho underwent his medical on 16 June, but the very next day it was revealed that he had failed it due to a problem with his teeth that could indicate potential spinal problems, and that the move was in jeopardy of collapse.[20] Later that day, Cissokho declared he had passed a second medical he undertook, and that he had, subsequently, signed a pre-contract. In the meantime, Milan tried to re-negotiate the bid on a loan basis due to Cissokho's health concerns; as the parties failed to reach an agreement, Milan general manager, Adriano Galliani, subsequently announced the deal was cancelled.[21]

On 18 July, French club Olympique Lyonnais announced that the club had reached an agreement with Porto for the transfer of Cissokho, in a deal which equaled Milan's €15 million bid.[22] However, Porto remain eligible to receive 20% of the added value/differential value if Lyon sold him for a higher price.[23] Cissokho successfully passed his medical and agreed to a five-year contract. He was presented to the media, along with fellow new signing Michel Bastos, on 20 July and was assigned the number 20 shirt.[24]"

sohois

It is immediately noticeable the difference in the crossing of Enrique and Cissokho, its like Cissokho has been set to 'Drill Crosses' in FM and Enrique is set to 'Float Crosses'.

Also thank god for Allen coming on with some time

Clegg

To be fair, Tiote has also had his moment in the sun. He was one of the best PL defensive mids in 11-12.
Wanyama has played well this season, but like Tiote, seems to be a very poor passer. I remember reading an article a few months ago where a Scottish coach said Neil Lennon was a genius for getting £12m for Wanyama.

Top Bottom