• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT9|

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I can't watch the game but it seems like there's not much more we could have done today.

Would Lloris have stopped the Remy goal?

GorillaJu

So much space for Cisse there, Obertan could have threaded it straight through for a 1-on-1

I can't watch the game but it seems like there's not much more we could have done today.

Jamie Redknapp seems to think so.

Arnie

You were shit for the majority of the game.

Krul's made a few good saves but nobody will come away from this thinking about an injustice. You haven't played well enough.

Ushojax

Friedal was a bit late in running out

Honestly I knew we were fucked as soon as I saw he was playing. You have to keep clean sheets in matches like this, without a sweeper keeper that is impossible with the way we play.

L1NETT

Grandad Brad was a bit slow of his zimmer frame but not sure if Lloris would have done much better.

and Usho, arnie is right. You played slower than an obese snail in the first half. And for parts of the second half you were poo.

GorillaJu

Tim Krul is definitely MOTM here, but he's only been unstoppable because Spurs haven't given themselves any really great chances to score from.

Yes, they're creating loads of "chances," but it's not too different from Liverpool's abysmal home form two seasons ago. Pot shots from outside the box, decent attempts from improbable volleys, and shots sent straight at the keeper instead of in the top or the corner of the net.

There were some great maneuvers from Krul that a worse keeper would have conceded, but Spurs have to look at their selves and their attacking movement for their lack of goals here.

Ushojax

I'm dissapointed Lamela didn't start today.

Oh well, at least Chelsea, Everton and one of Arsenal/United will have dropped points this week.

Suen

Hmm Palladino starting over Amauri is good. Biabiany is on the bench, likely because of the injury he picked. Best news is Paletta is BACK!!! Starting on the bench though, hope he gets some playtime today! No Sansone and Benalouane in the XI as usual, fuck.

Still, come on Parma!!

Yen

Newcastle win two matches and Kyuofou comes back to the football thread lol

Only saw the second half of this. Was like Dalglish era Liverpool.

Suen

Newcastle won against Spurs? Wtf is going on? Thank you based horses. Arse-GAF, we have to fucking win this game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Newcastle win two matches and Kyuofou comes back to the football thread lol

post-29731-OH-SHIT-Im-okay-gif-Paul-Rudd-yEr8.gif

Arnie

Well done Newcastle.

Spurs lost.
Chelsea should've lost.
United will lose.

We won comfortably with a smile and a swagger.

Top notch. Might get a KFC.

jesalr

Nah, fuck Krul, that was just rubbish finishing from us. Had a lot of chances to score, not all of them were wonder saves.

ShogunX

Spurs not given their game saving late penalty? Oh dear and to think we had people wanking themselves silly over this team.

Nah, fuck Krul, that was just rubbish finishing from us. Had a lot of chances to score, not all of them were wonder saves.
They weren't but for a keeper to make that many over the course of a match is very impressive. He was faultless and faced a lot of pressure.

phaze

Aguero better score 5 goals. Been switching captains Ozil-->Ramsey--->Suarez--->Aguero. Of course missed almost all their good games :-(.

I really feel like we can kick on now, I didn't see us getting any points from those two games after the derby, we got 6.

Confidence in the side is high again, we certainly have the potential.

Top Bottom