• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fiorentina are crying now that they might not be able to afford Gomez

ajr6B61_460sa.gif

And Rafa wants Dzeko to replace Cavani? Well let's hope so.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I'll pull a Galliani here and say that Jojo 'won't betray us'. <3

GorillaJu

Being in or out of the Brazil squad isn't a good way to compare two players. Brazil almost never plays with their big team "stars," they have such a depth of talent that they can craft a team around any number of strategies. Jo and Fred being their top scorers in the Confed. Cup should be proof enough :p

Anderson

Higuain is on his way, managed to get tickets for the arctic monkey your in October and got a week off on the hottest week of the year.

Now is the time to buy lottery tickets

GorillaJu

Apparently we're keen to pay Mkh's 25m price, set by Shakhtar, but now we're haggling over agent fees. Sounds plausible enough. Agents make things so fucking complicated.

Messi

Barcelona are just taking the piss now

Maybe people would be less sick of it if we didn't post every tweet someone like tank or indy posts. Thiago,Barca and United have actually said very little. Eventually it will happen so just chill until then. Seriously fuck itks.

edit: looks like compression to me. no nip.

Feorax

Apparently we're keen to pay Mkh's 25m price, set by Shakhtar, but now we're haggling over agent fees. Sounds plausible enough. Agents make things so fucking complicated.

Some good news this morning from the Echo, apparently we're binning off our interest in Atsu in favour of giving Sterling and Ibe more time in the first team. Excellent decision IMO.

justjohn

BOZWevNCcAAV1Fw.jpg:large

Looking goooooooooooood! City's first pre-season game is a week tomorrow in South Africa, we play 2 games there and then we go and compete in the Barclay's Asia Trophy before going to Germany to play Munich and AC Milan in the Audi Cup before fitting in some random game with Arsenal.
These two have shagged helen flanagan. Wonder if they ever talk about it.

Feorax

Ibe looks quite decent. But I've literally only seen him play that one game at the end of the season, so I'm not the best judge.

Lad's got a lot of potential. He's much more physically robust than Sterling, which is definitely a good attacking option to have in the Premier League.

I don't think we're going to know for a while yet whether he's more Shelvey than Gerrard, but I'd have no problem with him playing 15 to 20 games next season.

Lad's got a lot of potential. He's much more physically robust than Sterling, which is definitely a good attacking option to have in the Premier League.

I don't think we're going to know for a while yet whether he's more Shelvey than Gerrard, but I'd have no problem with him playing 15 to 20 games next season.

I'd like to see Nathaniel Chalobah get some playing time next season for Chelsea but I wouldn't bet against him getting loaned out again. Ideally to a premiership team this time.

dc89

Would I be late in saying (late because the other page is chock with GIFs and YouTube videos which literally killed my iPhone)that Sky Sources close with Barca understand that no official approach has been made for Thiago.

Who is the #Based one at United in charge of transfers these days

Would I be late in saying (late because the other page is chock with GIFs and YouTube videos which literally killed my iPhone)that Sky Sources close with Barca understand that no official approach has been made for Thiago.

Who is the #Based one at United in charge of transfers these days

Why would we have made an offer? We're busy tapping him up and finalising his contract. Once done we'll leave £15 million at the steps of Barca's registered office and tell them to fuck themselves.

Feorax

I'd like to see Nathaniel Chalobah get some playing time next season for Chelsea but I wouldn't bet against him getting loaned out again. Ideally to a premiership team this time.

At what age do you reckon the decision gets made on Chelsea prospects as to whether they're good enough or not? I know Chelsea love their loan deals, but they can't go on indefinitely.

Seems like it's been so long since we've seen a player break through from the youth system to the first team. Cortois will probably be the next one I would imagine (he came through the system, right? Or was he just bought and loaned straight away?)

Still can't believe Martinez broke into the Bilbao training centre to get his stuff back hahahahaha.

I'm sure they would have let him in...

qindarka

Banned
At what age do you reckon the decision gets made on Chelsea prospects as to whether they're good enough or not? I know Chelsea love their loan deals, but they can't go on indefinitely.

Seems like it's been so long since we've seen a player break through from the youth system to the first team. Cortois will probably be the next one I would imagine (he came through the system, right? Or was he just bought and loaned straight away?)

The latter. Courtois was bought for about 6.5 million from Genk in 2011.
Bertrand is a youth product, I guess, having joined from Gillingham at 16.

I thought that was just the usual "We're Barcelona, the best in the world, you do what we want" bullshit.

They haven't said anything official actually. Their press keeps saying stuff like they'll make us pay tax lalala.

I'm sure they know that if Thiago agrees to move there is nothing they can do and will take the €18m.

I thought that was just the usual "We're Barcelona, the best in the world, you do what we want" bullshit. I mean...we're talking about one of their bench players. A talented prospect, but not a pillar of their game like Martinez was for Bilbao.

I believe it's to do with the fan outcry and them calling for peoples' jobs over this debacle. The fact that the clause exists and that they somehow managed to fuck it up. They're now doing everything they can to stall the deal and convince him to stay.

Dog -> God -> deGod -> deGea -> Manchester United

Aye, that works.

Into

Lol i thought the "M$" way of saying Microsoft was funny/stupid but we got it in football now

Crazy T&#8364;v&#8364;z

His Number 10 jersey is the best seller in the Juventus store

His arrival also boosted season ticket sales to 126% of what they were a year ago

Martinez pleading with him to stay is a good indicator. If we could get him and Fellaini in a 40m double swoop that would be acceptable.

Baines + Fellaini + Thiago would be good.

But I dunno, I feel like we would be over Evertoning.

Also I think if we were gonna get Fellaini we would have done it by now.

FootballFan

#PS4-Vita-3DS Bro. WiiU is still not that cheap here, and I'm still waiting for a game on it that I really want to play!

How much did you get it for? If the Wii U was region free I'd let my kiwi friend get one for me but alas that is not the case.

I got it when one of the stores was getting rid of stock permanently. $150 NZ. All the games were $19 or less too.

Wouldn't have bought it otherwise, until a few price-drops.

Wilbur

Banned
Baines + Fellaini + Thiago would be good.

But I dunno, I feel like we would be over Evertoning.

Also I think if we were gonna get Fellaini we would have done it by now.

Maybe not safe to put all our eggs in one Moysey basket but Baines and Fellaini are good enough players that I wouldn't let that get in the way. Strootman as an alternative to Fellaini would be nice but he doesn't have the PL experience; not that it's infinitely better to have it but just that I'm not entirely sure Strootman will be such a player that it's warranted buying him over Afro

You're right though, there'd be more talk if we were in for him. Thiago and Baines I'm relatively confident we'll sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom