• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

You guys think Madrid wouldn't buy a player cos they already have existing options in their squad?

These guys just spent £25m on Isco and they don't need him. They spent £35m on Modric and didn't need him.

If Madrid want Suarez they'll just buy him. Honestly it's as simple as that.
I think it's entirely possible, if not probable.

I'm hoping Suarez's price tag could give them pause for thought.
If someone like Fellaini has a release clause, I think we should just go for it. last thing we need is another Mata situation... And I read Leverkusen don't really need or want to sell this season (esp after selling Schurrle) so as much as I'd love Bender, I think that's a dead end.
Agreed. We can't afford to waste away the summer on players that simply are not available.

"Barcelona is working on a deal with Man United including 3 players: Rooney (to Barcelona for 30M), Thiago and Villa (to Utd for 26M) [sport]"

hahah... wat

edge-wrestler-gif.gif

Meier

Osvaldo on the verge of joining City for 11.2 mill + bonuses.
This transfer doesn't make much sense to me. I don't think he is better than Dzeko and with Negredo coming in, that'd leave us with 4 international strikers again which can be hairy. With him in, that probably means the end of Dzeko which is too bad because I think he'd be great with Navas.

Cheap fee if that's € though.

K1LLER7

"Barcelona is working on a deal with Man United including 3 players: Rooney (to Barcelona for 30M), Thiago and Villa (to Utd for 26M) [sport]"

hahah... wat
So they value Rooney as 'Villa + ~10M' lol.

That's SPORT off the muppet list.

Maybe, depends how much he's priced at. RVP is probably going to be too expensive this season...although he gets so many points you kinda have to make the sacrifice. Aguero should be cheaper and score better this year. With the Suarez ban I will probably take Sturridge to start off with, too.

And yeah I agree with your assessment.
I'm going with Aguero too. Think he'll be the best striker this season.

Expecting big things from both Bale and Hazard.

Timurid

So they value Rooney as 'Villa + ~10M' lol.

That's SPORT off the muppet list.

I'm going with Aguero too. Think he'll be the best striker this season.

Expecting big things from both Bale and Hazard.

Cavani and Ibra will be the best partnership in Europe.

Fergie

Banned
You guys think Madrid wouldn't buy a player cos they already have existing options in their squad?

These guys just spent £25m on Isco and they don't need him. They spent £35m on Modric and didn't need him.

If Madrid want Suarez they'll just buy him. Honestly it's as simple as that.
Don't forget Sahin as well.

K1LLER7

got a feeling Thiago will be announced before the team leaves for the tour.

Surprised Michu isn't being linked with a move away this summer.

GorillaJu

got a feeling Thiago will be announced before the team leaves for the tour.

Surprised Michu isn't being linked with a move away this summer.

It's entirely possible Michu moves in a quick no-fuss transfer. I doubt he will personally. He's a bit like Dempsey and people are probably uncertain if he'll have an impact for their team like he does for Swansea.

Listened to a Jay-Z track from his new album because someone retweeted it.

What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk? Using Smells Like Teen Spirit as the 'chorus'. People like this shit? I just don't get it.

Fry probably loves it.

Lightning

Banned
I really want Suarez now.
Fuck yeah. A Suarez purchase will be on par with Fabregas. Just amazing.

Don't think it will happen though. The fee will be an issue. I am sure Liverpool would deal with us but they would want something like £35m + Walcott which Wenger won't accept.

K1LLER7

Michu is going to make Thiago his bitch.
Timerda stop. Nani, Evra, Falcao and his Porto brethren will wipe the floor with PSG.

It's entirely possible Michu moves in a quick no-fuss transfer. I doubt he will personally. He's a bit like Dempsey and people are probably uncertain if he'll have an impact for their team like he does for Swansea.
True. Also, if you consider the top teams, they already have very good players in a similar position to where he would play.

Salvadora

Don't think it will happen though. The fee will be an issue. I am sure Liverpool would deal with us but they would want something like £35m + Walcott which Wenger won't accept.

I'd take that deal and run.

Deal of the decade.

Listened to a Jay-Z track from his new album because someone retweeted it.

What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk? Using Smells Like Teen Spirit as the 'chorus'. People like this shit? I just don't get it.

Using someone else's shit because he's too lazy to think of a chorus.

Scum

If this were to happen and Wenger turned it down, then he deserves no trophies for the season.

Salvadora

Selling Walcott and £35m is not deal of the decade from an Arsenal perspective. If not for Walcott last season we would have been so badly screwed.
I am grateful for his contribution to the campaign, but I have no qualms about sending him to Liverpool if we get Suarez. Hell, I'd pack his bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom