• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

It's called throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks.

1.) All of these transfers were heavily reported in advance and many are saying this one is done.
2.) They haven't given a time, date OR player so they have plausible deniability if it doesn't happen. "The teams are still working things out. We'll keep you updated when we have new info so please keep it locked to MUFC Latest."
3.) If they get it right, goobers like you trust them. If they don't, see #2.
4.) Navas had his medical done in NYC. Their source is transatlantic too?

lololol

Lightning

Banned
If they let the Higuain saga drag out all summer they will risk being left in the lurch.

All the money in the world won't make a difference when there's no one available.
They will have Higuain though. They only need/want Suarez if Higuain goes.

As it stands now, they don't need Suarez

Bumhead

Banned
Django Unchained was incredible.

I watched this for the first time last night as well. Absolutely loved it. I know Tarantino gets flak from some quarters for what's considered a bit of a decline in his work, but I really, really loved Inglorious and Django. I could, do and will end up watching them again and again. Just like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

Shall I tell you what I don't watch? My Little Pony. The current thread for that in OFT is.. "interesting".

Meier

How much could he stand to lose out on though, just seems like a concept which has only come to the fore very recently and was never mentioned before.

People go on about this as though they could stand to lose out on millions...clubs really pay their players that much when they sell them? If that were true I would have thought all clubs would try and force players into issuing official transfer requests before selling them.
It's pretty rare a player would have a loyalty bonus that large I'd imagine. It's a sort of solidarity/insurance clause of sorts it seems like. I know I always get nailed on them in FM since I always sell high when I can. It's always mentioned in the rumors that X will be owed the remainder of his loyalty bonus if he is sold so it seems like it's paid out during the season with their regular wages. Since its technically a new season, the clock resets if you will. Rooney's is probably like £5m if I had to guess.

Yaya extended his deal without increasing his wages so I bet they negotiated a higher loyalty bonus.

Suen

Wouldn't mind Suarez to Arse but would prefer Rooney for better image. A bid for him seems strange as the real price of him is out of question for Wenger and I don't really think Madrid gives a fuck. Perez would probably just throw more money and Suarez would come crawling on all four to Bernabéu.

jtb

Banned
It's pretty incredible how opaque the whole sport is when it comes to finances. We barely know how much most transfers end up being or what base player salaries are, let alone how bonuses and things like that factor into the equation.

Messi

Messi, neck beard isn't cool bro.

Full beard in growth yo. Pirlo would be proud

NEVER GO FULL KIT

Accidental. I was wearing red shorts today. Sorry.

Looking slim as fuck man. Congrats. ;)

I dont feel it :(

I don't know what it is, but you suddenly look great. Not even Olivia could withstand you like this.

As for the name...Gomez?

Nope

CWOa88p.jpeg

Lightning

Banned
Wouldn't mind Suarez to Arse but would prefer Rooney for better image. A bid for him seems strange as the real price of him is out of question for Wenger and I don't really think Madrid gives a fuck. Perez would probably just throw more money and Suarez would come crawling on all four to Bernabéu.
With Higuain on the books will Perez really do that? You will then have Suarez, Benzema and Higuain battling for 1 position. Your dressing room will be even more toxic than it already is.

I wouldn't mind Suarez but he falls into the Rooney impossible category for different reasons.

K1LLER7

How much could he stand to lose out on though, just seems like a concept which has only come to the fore very recently and was never mentioned before.

People go on about this as though they could stand to lose out on millions...clubs really pay their players that much when they sell them? If that were true I would have thought all clubs would try and force players into issuing official transfer requests before selling them.

I dunno - I'm just speculating. But something doesn't add up for me.
Doesn't the club offer the player the amount as an incentive to stay on?

So if a player stays with the club for his 5 year contract, he'll receive the bonus at the end or he'll be paid monthly. However, If he was to hand in a transfer request during that time, he'll forfeit the money.

If the club was to sell the player before his contract is up, I think they'll have to pay him the remaining amount.

Suen

Face it, Lightning. You're signing EVERYBODY this summer. Emirates Stadium is paid for, Arsenal will go crazy now.
Galliani showed his love to Juve, check his quote. Btw does adriano999 ever post here or did he give up because AC Bunga Bunga-GAF and Juve-GAF kept bullying Inter?

jtb

Banned
What I want to know is—what's the plan after Higuain does or doesn't come? A striker's nice, but what I really want to see progress on is the keeper and holding midfield situations. Cesar is practically available on a free; don't tell me Wenger's spent the past two months contemplating a bid... Also, Sagna has a year left on his contract.

edit: and I don't see Rooney in the "impossible" category. seems like everyone sees him as damaged goods at this point; only a handful of clubs would be willing to take a gamble on him and pay his wages.

Salvadora

What I want to know is—what's the plan after Higuain does or doesn't come? A striker's nice, but what I really want to see progress on is the keeper and holding midfield situations. Cesar is practically available on a free; don't tell me Wenger's spent the past two months contemplating a bid...

Reports from Germany indicate that we've had a significant bid turned down for Lars Bender.

So we're not exactly sitting around, but I wonder if our heart is in it.

With Higuain on the books will Perez really do that? You will then have Suarez, Benzema and Higuain battling for 1 position. Your dressing room will be even more toxic than it already is.

I wouldn't mind Suarez but he falls into the Rooney impossible category for different reasons.

It means they run the risk of being left behind.

He might not be there when they do.

You guys think Madrid wouldn't buy a player cos they already have existing options in their squad?

These guys just spent £25m on Isco and they don't need him. They spent £35m on Modric and didn't need him.

If Madrid want Suarez they'll just buy him. Honestly it's as simple as that.

I watched this for the first time last night as well. Absolutely loved it. I know Tarantino gets flak from some quarters for what's considered a bit of a decline in his work, but I really, really loved Inglorious and Django. I could, do and will end up watching them again and again. Just like Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.

Shall I tell you what I don't watch? My Little Pony. The current thread for that in OFT is.. "interesting".

I'm planning on rewatching Inglourious Basterds soon, to be honest I loved it the first time but didn't really "get it" as much as I got Django. Right now I'm going through the film to pick out of the songs I liked, they were so good.

Suen

Should be other clubs who would have interest in having him in their squad no? Albeit they may not be willing to pay or have the money to pay the same price. But then I don't think he'd settle down for a non-CL club so you make a good point.

Suen

What I want to know is—what's the plan after Higuain does or doesn't come? A striker's nice, but what I really want to see progress on is the keeper and holding midfield situations. Cesar is practically available on a free; don't tell me Wenger's spent the past two months contemplating a bid... Also, Sagna has a year left on his contract.

edit: and I don't see Rooney in the "impossible" category. seems like everyone sees him as damaged goods at this point; only a handful of clubs would be willing to take a gamble on him and pay his wages.
What's the news on Lazio's GK?

Suen

Matic leaving too, high chance he's heading to Chelsea.

Gaitan's replacement gonna be Steven Vitória, most likely:

SLB_Futebol_StevenVitoria_SessaoAutografos_2Julho2013_V.jpg
Cardozo, Matic and Gaitan are great players. Such a shame Benfica won't be able to keep them. Instead you get to keep Jorge lol. These three players gone is the best thing that can happen to Porto.

Arsenal should go for Benteke.

They're going to get Higuain anyways, he wants to move, they want him, Madrid don't want him.

Just a matter of time now.

If push comes to shove they'd be stupid not to cough up the extra £2m or whatever it is Madrid apparently want.

Messi

I got Muller on it :) it was him. Ribery or Robben.

Also on 2nd look I shaved up a bit and cleaned it up so no more neck beard. GroomGAF

K1LLER7

They're going to get Higuain anyways, he wants to move, they want him, Madrid don't want him.

Just a matter of time now.

If push comes to shove they'd be stupid not to cough up the extra £2m or whatever it is Madrid apparently want.
It's a lot of money. I'd expect 20+ goals from him next season.

jtb

Banned
Reports from Germany indicate that we've had a significant bid turned down for Lars Bender.

So we're not exactly sitting around, but I wonder if our heart is in it.

If someone like Fellaini has a release clause, I think we should just go for it. last thing we need is another Mata situation... And I read Leverkusen don't really need or want to sell this season (esp after selling Schurrle) so as much as I'd love Bender, I think that's a dead end.

What's the news on Lazio's GK?

I didn't even realize we were linked with him. Hmm... well, someone is better than no one. And Mannone—who was a surprisingly capable deputy in the last few matches last season—is gone too so we just need anyone really.

Cardozo, Matic and Gaitan are great players. Such a shame Benfica won't be able to keep them. Instead you get to keep Jorge lol. These three players gone is the best thing that can happen to Porto.

i was stunned when they announced the contract extension with Jesus. there's these things called "cycles" and his, in this club, ended last season.

our president really likes him, so we gotta deal with it. given next season's CL final is here, i hope it sparks something in him.

Monday's B'ham Mail: #wba and #cfc negotiating compensation figure for Izzy Brown. Has permission to train with Chelsea (he did yesterday)

Looks like we are signing Izzy Brown. Highly rated youngster from West Brom. I bet he never plays for Chelsea :lol

Is he going into your fantasy team?

He'll be a good buy for Arsenal but I don't see him as a world class player. Especially one to get Arsenal in the title race again.
Maybe, depends how much he's priced at. RVP is probably going to be too expensive this season...although he gets so many points you kinda have to make the sacrifice. Aguero should be cheaper and score better this year. With the Suarez ban I will probably take Sturridge to start off with, too.

And yeah I agree with your assessment.

Razor554

"Barcelona is working on a deal with Man United including 3 players: Rooney (to Barcelona for 30M), Thiago and Villa (to Utd for 26M) [sport]"

hahah... wat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom