• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

That Arsenal bid is clearly for show.

Liverpool wouldn't sell for £30m and Arse won't bid more than that for one player.

They're just trying to scare Madrid.

Salvadora

The most recent rumours are suggesting that Madrid are holding out for £25.5m.

We have to show Madrid that we have multiple targets and if they don't play ball they won't get paid.

Clegg

The most recent rumours are suggesting that Madrid are holding out for £25.5m.

We have to show Madrid that we have multiple targets and if they don't play ball they won't get paid.

Then you should have picked a more realistic target.

Bidding for Suarez was a waste of time. It's not going to perturb Madrid in the slightest.

K1LLER7

You should have, we know it's happening brah.
Viva kicked me off the Thiago hype train. I'm not allowed to celebrate when we sign him.
I saved so many Gifs too :'(

If its not done by next weekend, it's off. #IAMITK

Marcelo_Lopez84 says Thiago will happen and that Reina is set for Napoli.

Clegg

Suarez is (probably) a Madrid target.

It makes perfect sense.

It makes no sense.

1. Liverpool aren't going to sell to Arsenal.
2. They're not going to sell for £30m or probably even £40m.
3. Everyone knows Arsenal won't go over a certain amount for a player anyway.

I really wish we'd stop playing these stupid games every transfer window, we have money right?

Real want £25.5m, pay them and be done with it. No trying to get a bargain, get results.

LTWheels

Come on, an acceptable sale price for Suarez from Liverpool's point of view would be at least £50m. Especially when selling to a club in the same league.

Salvadora

It makes no sense.

1. Liverpool aren't going to sell to Arsenal.
2. They're not going to sell for £30m or probably even £40m.
3. Everyone knows Arsenal won't go over a certain amount for a player anyway.

1. If Arsenal paid the asking price they would.
2. £30m is not a final bid.
3. Meaningless. Before this summer Arsenal's record signing was Arshavin, years ago.

Arsenal's interest in Suarez could provoke other European clubs into action.

Look at the bigger picture, Clegg.

Would Suarez even want to go to Arsenal?

Same country, same league, wouldn't get paid much more, no trophies...CL football seems to be the only pull.

kharma45

1. If Arsenal paid the asking price they would.
2. £30m is not a final bid.
3. Meaningless. Before this summer Arsenal's record signing was Arshavin, years ago.

Arsenal's interest in Suarez could provoke other European clubs into action.

Look at the bigger picture, Clegg.

Arsenal's bid is bizarre, Suarez clearly wants out of the country as everyone apparently hates him.

Zabojnik

The figure sounds so insane. The media/journalists need a fucking nut-check for the way they act over in Europe.

Here in the U.S. get a story wrong about a player moving to another team you get chastised from the sport and by the athletes. Then basically you have no credibility.

It's called freedom of speech. We have it here in ol' Europe. Look it up.
AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!!

OT:

Mads Mikkelsen is the superior Hannibal. Sorry, Anthony Hopkins.

Fuck Brian Cox's version, even Suarez was a better Hannibal.

I take it you rike it, then?

You don't open your bid with the exact value of a player.

Come on guys.

"You never do."
Marotta_GN.jpg

Osvaldo on the verge of joining City for 11.2 mill + bonuses.

This transfer story is so strange. Osvaldo ... to City. Osvaldo ... City. Yeah, I don't get it.

I reckon Suarez will end up staying at Liverpool this summer and you never know they might even go on a mad one and grab a CL spot. Would be interesting to see what happens then.

jtb

Banned
I don't buy that Suarez wants out of the country. He probably just wants a move and whining about the press is probably the easiest way to do it.

Some information from Freddie Röckenhaus' article on Mkhitaryan:
- 50% of the rights belong to Donetsk
- 25% for two of his former clubs
- they wanted to move him to Anzhi at first but he and his mother (who seems to have some influence somehow) wanted a move in the west and therefor hired Raiola
- Juve also wanted him but said no because of Raiola
- he's expected to be in Dortmund on Monday

Röckenhaus is normally spot on with Dortmund stuff, the Juve part seems strange, though, considering Pogba.

Salvadora

Arsenal's bid is bizarre, Suarez clearly wants out of the country as everyone apparently hates him.

I don't think it's that bizarre, really (assuming this is true).

It's basically telling Madrid to sell Higuain quickly or risk missing out on their targets.

Does anybody know how all this loyalty bonus business works?

What's going to happen if Suarez/Rooney hand in a transfer request? Who would no longer owe them money?

I don't think it's that bizarre, really (assuming this is true).

It's basically telling Madrid to sell Higuain quickly or risk missing out on their targets.
I think Madrid are okay though. They basically just spent €70m buying up all the good Spanish talent - I have a feeling money is no obstacle to them.

Django Unchained was incredible.

Considering how videogames are rising and movies are dying, Quentin Tarantino should make a video game. Preferably something like GTA or RDR.

I suppose it depends on the terms of their individual contracts.

How much could he stand to lose out on though, just seems like a concept which has only come to the fore very recently and was never mentioned before.

People go on about this as though they could stand to lose out on millions...clubs really pay their players that much when they sell them? If that were true I would have thought all clubs would try and force players into issuing official transfer requests before selling them.

I dunno - I'm just speculating. But something doesn't add up for me.

Zabojnik

Röckenhaus is normally spot on with Dortmund stuff, the Juve part seems strange, though, considering Pogba.

We were shortly linked with him, probably because of Raiola, but I don't think he was ever a real target. We had (and still have) other priorities. Not that I would've minded if we signed him, lol. Mikiteriyaki <3

Meier

Where else is reporting that United has booked a medical for a player?
It's called throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks.

1.) All of these transfers were heavily reported in advance and many are saying this one is done.
2.) They haven't given a time, date OR player so they have plausible deniability if it doesn't happen. "The teams are still working things out. We'll keep you updated when we have new info so please keep it locked to MUFC Latest."
3.) If they get it right, goobers like you trust them. If they don't, see #2.
4.) Navas had his medical done in NYC. Their source is transatlantic too?

Salvadora

I think Madrid are okay though. They basically just spent €70m buying up all the good Spanish talent - I have a feeling money is no obstacle to them.
If they let the Higuain saga drag out all summer they will risk being left in the lurch.

All the money in the world won't make a difference when there's no one available.

LTWheels

How much could he stand to lose out on though, just seems like a concept which has only come to the fore very recently and was never mentioned before.

People go on about this as though they could stand to lose out on millions...clubs really pay their players that much when they sell them? If that were true I would have thought all clubs would try and force players into issuing official transfer requests before selling them.

I dunno - I'm just speculating. But something doesn't add up for me.

I suppose that the problem of official transfer requests, is that other clubs know that the player wants to leave and that the club has to sell him. This could possible end up lowering the potential price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom