• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What are they saying?
You know, shit slinging, for no reason. WE DON'T WANT HIGUAIN ANYMORE FFS

SHOO
An Italian goal keeper for Monaco. It’s Gianluca Pegolo, currently at Siena. Pegolo has received the green light to fly to France and negotiate with Monaco, while the situation with the black and white club evolves. He is expected to sign the contract by this weekend.
Pegolo is brilliant, he deserves this!
What's wrong rvy <3

CrunchyB

I'm excited about Chadli potentially signing. He can score, create, and like Paulinho his arrival would allow us so many more configurations. We desperately need someone who can play on the left besides Bale and Chadli is also a big bastard. Can't hurt to have more height in the team.

Chadli is an amazing player, gorgeous technique, big, strong, fast, BUT

1. He is injury prone. He was injured no less than 3 times last season, every injury taking 3-6 weeks and a few more weeks to get back in shape.
2. I'm not convinced of his mental strength. Sometimes Chadli is sad. And if he's sad, you're playing with 10 guys.

That's the reason FC Twente is asking for "only" €9 million and not €20+ million.

confuziz

Banned

1. He is injury prone. He was injured no less than 3 times last season, every injury taking 3-6 weeks and a few more weeks to get back in shape.
2. I'm not convinced of his mental strength. Sometimes Chadli is sad. And if he's sad, you're playing with 10 guys.

That's the reason FC Twente is asking for "only" &#8364;9 million and not &#8364;20+ million.

No the reason is he only has 1 year left on his contact.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

That's the reason FC Twente is asking for "only" €9 million and not €20+ million.

I see. Still, for the price and the depth we have, it makes sense. He will be competing with several players.

On Benteke:

Christian Benteke’s agent today told Chelsea they have as much chance of signing the Aston Villa striker as a team playing in Belgium’s seventh division.
The Blues had hoped to beat Tottenham to Benteke, but the Belgium international has no interest in joining Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge.

His representative Eris Kismet has given a damning assessment of Chelsea’s pursuit by saying the probability of the 22-year-old joining them is the same likelihood “that Christian would go to Turkse Rangers”.

Turkse play in the seventh tier of Belgium football and are regarded as an amateur outfit.

Goallllllllllllllllllll

ibu0rvzMFptHCc.gif

Suck it Morsel

Aww shit. Yokohama scores 1.

Hixx

Benteke's antipathy towards Chelsea is totally fucking life-giving, looool

It's only because he hasn't got the bottle to compete with Lukaku and TORRES hahahahaha.

He'll go to Spurs 'cause he will be default first choice there. If Spurs can afford him, anyway.

Ushojax

I can see them pissing about with oh-so-clever insufficient bids and someone else nipping in for him.

Usho's Levy Infallibility Doctrine says otherwise, but eh.

I've always said that Levy gets the deal he wants or no deal at all. Not that he's perfect. We've missed out on a lot of players and had to keep a lot of shit ones because he wouldn't budge an inch. It has to be on his terms and I will say right now that if Villa want £25m then we won't pay it. This is where Baldini steps in. Normally the deal would go dead until August 31st when we make an insulting bid, but now Baldini can liaise with Villa instead of Levy pulling his usual deadline day stunt.

If we are that serious about the player then I expect we will do it quickly and for a reasonable but fair price, £18-20m. The Paulinho deal is how we are going to do things from now on.

Feorax

Goal.com (I know) are now saying Arsenal have switched focus to Suarez over Higuain.

Please be true.

Apparently they're prepared to go as high as £35 million.

Ridiculous move. They won't get Suarez for that, and Higuain will go elsewhere while they're pissing about with us.

Ushojax

Ridiculous move. They won't get Suarez for that, and Higuain will go elsewhere while they're pissing about with us.

Of course they will get Suarez for that money. He's a violent player with a dreadful disciplinary record, no club would pay any more than that. He is already guaranteed to miss 6/38 games next season.

I hope it happens, I would love to play against Suarez in the NLD.

Salazar

A travesty of justice has just happened. I saw someone with socks and sandals. Black socks!

NO

Worse fashion crimes being committed every millisecond, bro.

Socks and sandals is like jaywalking. Just let that shit go.

While we're on the subject, look at Custer and friends. Too much indigo swag.

dYVw53b.jpg

Feorax

Of course they will get Suarez for that money. He's a violent player with a dreadful disciplinary record, no club would pay any more than that.

They will if they really want him.

We won't sell for £35 million when we have fucking Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres as a point of reference, he has 3 years left on his contract. We'll keep the little fucker even if he has a tantrum, like Spurs did with Modric. Makes no sense whatsoever for us to sell for less than £40 million, especially with no transfer request.

I guess Arsenal are serious about Suarez

Now would be a great time for Real Madrid to step in

Edit: not sure you can use Carroll as a point of reference. Look at what you just sold him for.

Don't think its that bad for a player who will miss the first 6+ weeks of the campaign.

Ushojax

They will if they really want him.

We won't sell for £35 million when we have fucking Andy Carroll and Fernando Torres as a point of reference, he has 3 years left on his contract. We'll keep the little fucker even if he has a tantrum, like Spurs did with Modric. Makes no sense whatsoever for us to sell for less than £40 million, especially with no transfer request.

They won't though. Torres and Carroll were two freak anomalies, both panic buys by two clubs with more money than sense. Suarez is a good player but his lack of professionalism will always put a limit on his value. A player who has racially abused another player, twice bitten opponents, and punched, kicked and stamped many others is just not going to attract top money. Every suspension he gets is millions down the drain for the buying club.

For £35m you should snap their hands off, Suarez is not irreplaceable and having someone who isn't a complete animal on the pitch might be better.

Mmm, just can't see Arsenal paying what it takes to get Suarez.

£35m won't be enough. Liverpool would look weak if they sold for that much IMO.

Ushojax

Mmm, just can't see Arsenal paying what it takes to get Suarez.

£35m won't be enough. Liverpool would look weak if they sold for that much IMO.

They'll look weak full stop, just like when we sold Modric. It never looks good when your best player wants to leave, they should sell him ASAP and not drag it out like we did. With £35m they can easily replace Suarez' goals.

Looks like the deal to take those Croatian wonder kids to Spurs is off for now. Halilovic'a family's demands were too much or something.

Mastadon

Banned
They won't though. Torres and Carroll were two freak anomalies, both panic buys by two clubs with more money than sense. Suarez is a good player but his lack of professionalism will always put a limit on his value. A player who has racially abused another player, twice bitten opponents, and punched, kicked and stamped many others is just not going to attract top money. Every suspension he gets is millions down the drain for the buying club.

For £35m you should snap their hands off, Suarez is not irreplaceable and having someone who isn't a complete animal on the pitch might be better.

Not irreplaceable? Please list the 25+ goal a season strikers that would come to Liverpool.

I very much doubt we'd accept £35m, especially from a rival English club. It seems incredible that we'd consider strengthening the weakest top 4 club when breaking the top 4 is our stated aim.

Leroux ass in ESPN Body Issue

Goddamn

Woman

So fucking hot. If America weren't racist, she'd be the face of the Women's National Team, not the skinny flat board Morgan.

Of course, if America weren't sexist, Abby Wombach would probably be the symbol of the team. But no one wants that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom