• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
:loooooool

Denis Suarez says hi to Adnan.

iHodW65Yx5I7B.gif

Not feeling those Leroux abs though.

Slizz

So fucking hot. If America weren't racist, she'd be the face of the Women's National Team, not the skinny flat board Morgan.

Of course, if America weren't sexist, Abby Wombach would probably be the symbol of the team. But no one wants that.

All about playing time. Hope Solo was the first face, then she opened her mouth. Wambach was actually the face for a brief period until Morgan started getting minutes. Leroux is 3rd choice striker right now.

Slizz

No Vidic and Valencia on tour?

Thought they would go.

Hopefully Vidic is in Germany getting some weird creams rubbed on his knees like Kobe Bryant does in the offseason.

Maybe Valencia is doing hypnotherapy or something to turn himself competent.

K1LLER7

Hopefully Vidic is in Germany getting some weird creams rubbed on his knees like Kobe Bryant does in the offseason.

Maybe Valencia is doing hypnotherapy or something to turn himself competent.
Private training on how to use his left foot.

sohois

Gerard Deulofeu to Everton on a season long loan.

Could be good to see what he's like.

Another Liverpool target slips away... #RodgersOut

And Suarez is not going to go for anything like £35million, you're letting your dislike of some of his actions cloud your judgement. It doesn't matter if Suarez is missing games if he is still contributing as much as he does, perhaps if he started missing 10-15 games a season but he isn't.

Another Liverpool target slips away... #RodgersOut

And Suarez is not going to go for anything like £35million, you're letting your dislike of some of his actions cloud your judgement. It doesn't matter if Suarez is missing games if he is still contributing as much as he does, perhaps if he started missing 10-15 games a season but he isn't.

Well in the last 2 season he's picked up bans for 9 and 10 games respectively and it could have been more if he'd seen red cards for incidents he's been lucky to get away with...so he pretty much is missing that many games.

I don't think it'll reduce his price though. It would for the buying club, understandably, but I can't see Liverpool accepting that at the moment so they'll simply refuse to sell.

Salvadora

----------------------------- César ---------------

Sagna -- Mertesacker --- Koscielny -- Monreal

------------------ Wilshere---- Arteta----------

--------Cazorla-------- Suarez ---------- Podolski

-------------------------- Higuain-----------------

Jog on, Rooney.

Clegg

Wanyama and Strootman pretty much gone then.

We're not gonna sign a DM are we :(

Not too concerned about missing out on either. Wanyama was never a real target and we seemed go cold on Strootman a few weeks.

Missing out on actual targets would concern me a lot more.

LegoArmo

Got an email from Amazon saying 85 CDs I purchased from them in the past have been added to my "cloud" as MP3s, to listen to anywhere I like. That's a pretty cool feature.

Wanyama and Strootman pretty much gone then.

We're not gonna sign a DM are we :(

Mathieu-Flamini-001.jpg

“Milan offered me a contract for two years but I need to take my time and make the right decision,” explained Flamini to The Sun today.

“I’ve been in Italy for five years, I’ve had a great time and learnt a lot. But I miss England and I want to win the Premier League.

DOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Not too concerned about missing out on either. Wanyama was never a real target and we seemed go cold on Strootman a few weeks.

Ive been following the redcafe thread on Thiago for a while and other than fake twitter accounts and second hand information on what his father is doing I have nothing to believe we are even close to signing him. Im actually beginning to think someone is pulling the ultimate troll on us :(

Well I'm not concerned that we "lost out" on these players but I am concerned that good DMs are leaving their clubs and we are not trying to sign them.

I don't know what happened with United. They didn't even approach PSV.
We must have just decided we didn't want him.

A mistake IMO, €20m is a bit expensive I think but sometimes you have to over-pay. I reckon he was ready to play for a top team and he wouldn't even have the pressure of playing every week. We could have eased him in to replace Carrick within 1/2 years.

Hmm.

dc89

Ive been following the redcafe thread on Thiago for a while and other than fake twitter accounts and second hand information on what his father is doing I have nothing to believe we are even close to signing him. Im actually beginning to think someone is pulling the ultimate troll on us :(

I have a feeling your feeling is correct.

GorillaJu

Well in the last 2 season he's picked up bans for 9 and 10 games respectively and it could have been more if he'd seen red cards for incidents he's been lucky to get away with...so he pretty much is missing that many games.

I don't think it'll reduce his price though. It would for the buying club, understandably, but I can't see Liverpool accepting that at the moment so they'll simply refuse to sell.

Like I said before, I don't think you can simply treat the offenses as additive. I really wish he had gotten reds for his violent conduct that he's somehow escaped punishment for, because he may slowly learn to be a more cautious player and think twice before doing really idiotic things that land him in the doghouse for long stretches.

Suarez can blame himself partially for Liverpool not being in the Champions League, anyway. He has spent so much time in the stands that he should have been earning his paycheck, and helping us climb up the table. That after all the support we've given him, all the times he's gotten the benefit of the doubt from the club, and the hits the club's reputation has taken to defend him, he'd go and openly state his desire to leave... well it speaks to his character quite a bit. I hope he's ready to start working again because we're not selling for 35m pounds.

phaze

----------------------------- César ---------------

Sagna -- Mertesacker --- Koscielny -- Monreal

------------------ Wilshere---- Arteta----------

--------Cazorla-------- Suarez ---------- Podolski

-------------------------- Higuain-----------------

Jog on, Rooney.

That reminds me, it has been awfully quiet on the Sagna's departure front. Its his last year on contract, we will lose money again if he doesn't sign an extension.

dc89

Some snippets from Tanc:

Mancini to Corriere dello Sport:"I have personali picked Fernandinho.Not only:while I was there we were very close to Cavani"

Mancini on Khaldoon:"A great person,but obviously someone,every day,for many months,have put in his head situations that were false"

Txiki the snake in the grass?

kharma45

They won't though. Torres and Carroll were two freak anomalies, both panic buys by two clubs with more money than sense. Suarez is a good player but his lack of professionalism will always put a limit on his value. A player who has racially abused another player, twice bitten opponents, and punched, kicked and stamped many others is just not going to attract top money. Every suspension he gets is millions down the drain for the buying club.

For £35m you should snap their hands off, Suarez is not irreplaceable and having someone who isn't a complete animal on the pitch might be better.

Yep two freak deals that aren't relevant.

Suen

10M is a good price eventhough I liked Callejon.

He's not our first team striker anyway. There's still Benz, Morata, Jese and Higuain.

And the possibility of a new signing. Should've signed Cavani though.
Callejon is def. not a big loss and 10M is good for him. Honestly guy didn't really do much on the pitch. I'd prefer having Morata or Jese establishing themselves as great players over Callejon. I wish Callejon to be more successful at Napoli though!

GorillaJu

Yep two freak deals that aren't relevant.

I agree, but the Fernando Torres that Liverpool sold was not the same Fernando Torres who was for a time considered the world's best striker. He had already been going through a year of bad form, declining confidence and repeated injuries. If that deal were to happen in the summer, it would have been 30-35m, not 50.

Suarez is coming off the back of the best season in his life. He could have made top PL goalscorer if not for his stupid ban, and he was a runner up for player of the season. If Torres would be valued at (conservatively) 30 million, then Suarez would pull in at least 40.

The best reference available is that Cavani is moving clubs for, what was it, 53 million? Or was it 60 million? Suarez may not be as appealing a player as Cavani (no one is, tbf), but he scores more goals and creates more as well.

Demanding the full release clause for Suarez is the very least we can expect from Liverpool. I've said this before, but I don't think Suarez will moan and sulk if he stays with us this Summer. He is a moaner on the pitch, but he always gives 110%, and that won't stop if he doesn't get his dream move.

If he performs up to last season's standard or better this year, he'll be all but guaranteed a move to Real or whatever next summer, when he's got 2 years left on his contract, and we've gotten 3.5 good seasons out of him.

Tc91

Moyes with his belt undone, wonder whats happening...

:LOOOL

... is that rooney?

i'm probably the one, but i genuinely think he looks pretty good in this picture.

Yep, he does look pretty good there shame about them Wimbledon pictures.

---

I'm glad that we are now on Twitter, was always interested in the Inside City videos they are really good. Hopefully we do the same series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom