• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
BOySJyACAAA3w5m.jpg:large

dat swag

I think I could write for Goal.

As far as I can tell you can write any piece of shit and it doesn't matter if it's true or false so long as you prefix it with the words "Goal understands"

Edit: Has Disco Benny joined the Polyphonic Spree?

Interesting line on Nani from Record in Portugal:

Record say that Nani is currently negotiating a deal to remain at Old Trafford which would see him paid €5.2m a year, they also claim the player would get a 'big fat signing bonus'. Record appear to get a lot of stories regarding clients of Portuguese super-agent Jorge Mendes, as the continual Garay claims have shown, so they are likely to have some inside information on this. Whether that is Mendes trying to get his client into the news or genuine information about a renewal is down to the reader to decide.

The Portuguese newspaper also claim that Nani has turned down an approach from Tottenham because they were only willing to pay him €2.7m a year, and they also cover the interest from Anzhi Makhachkala, Roma and Galasatary.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/nani-negotiating-to-renew-manchester-united-deal-on-5-2m-a-year-t

I'd not be completely opposed to this. The market isn't exactly rife with good replacements at the moment. And he's still better than Valencia, Young and Zaha.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Left winger, but also excellent at the 'number 10' position.

Interesting. We definitely need a new wide player to allow Bale to play down the middle when necessary. Lennon and Townsend are better suited to the right side.

Left winger, but also excellent at the 'number 10' position.

Interesting, that's the third or fourth left winger we've been linked with, it was clearly a weak position for us last year when Bale came inside. I wonder if we plan on using Bale on the right or maybe even as a striker! Maybe we're fed up with strikers being overpriced so have taken it upon ourselves to make a striker instead.

Doesn't matter, he's Belgian.

True :p
/best Belgians in the league

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly ready to rival Manchester United this summer for Inter’s Andrea Ranocchia.The 25-year-old has been linked with a switch out of San Siro this summer, with United reportedly looking to follow up on recent interest in the centre-back with a move.

However, the Daily Express report today that Arsenal and Tottenham are also looking at the former Bari defender.

It is believed that both North London clubs are considering making a bid for Ranocchia this summer also.
What are you guys doing? He's abysmal.

dc89

Yeah, I seem to remember Fergie spent a lot of time forcing Manchester United Football Club not to have a Twitter account. He sometimes had to miss training sessions because he was so busy lobbying against it.

He was pretty outspoken in regards to his disdain for Twitter.

It was a little odd how such a large global brand with 600m+ 'followers' didn't have a twitter account.

He was pretty outspoken in regards to his disdain for Twitter.

It was a little odd how such a large global brand with 600m+ 'followers' didn't have a twitter account.

For his players' use of it though. Not as a PR mouthpiece. Fergie loved PR mouthpieces. You'd have been best buds dc.

Linius

I read Roma willing to pay 17 million for Strootman. That's some lolworthy news. Why in the hell would a club ever pay that much money for a player like him.

Linius

Because they don't have colored glasses like you or Bacon do.

Bacon is with me? Good on you Bacon!

In the end he isn't even for sale unless a club is willing to pay an insane amount of money. Well Roma is likely going to be that insane club it seems.

And what happened to United wanting to sign him?

GorillaJu

Every PL team is gonna come out looking comparatively competent this window. The new TV money is kind of insane and opens up all kinds of opportunities. Teams are adapting a more continental style of management as well, and players coming in are flashier and less physical than before.

If there was ever a sign for England to get back in gear and reconsider their priorities before they fall behind, this is it.

Linius

Every PL team is gonna come out looking comparatively competent this window. The new TV money is kind of insane and opens up all kinds of opportunities. Teams are adapting a more continental style of management as well, and players coming in are flashier and less physical than before.

If there was ever a sign for England to get back in gear and reconsider their priorities before they fall behind, this is it.

Yeah, I read the thing about Norwhich is that the TV money gave them a chance to really invest. And it seems they really like the Dutch league because they can buy decent quality players (midtable PL level according to Norwhich) for under ten mil. and with salaries between 1 and 2 mil. So yeah, now shitty clubs from the PL are buying players from our top clubs. Football gone crazy.

confuziz

Banned
Bacon is with me? Good on you Bacon!

In the end he isn't even for sale unless a club is willing to pay an insane amount of money. Well Roma is likely going to be that insane club it seems.

And what happened to United wanting to sign him?

To me, Strootman is worth around 20 million euros. He is the 2nd or 3rd captain of the national team, has some international experience (well not CL), has the best team spirit of any player I have ever seen and he has the potential to become one of the best players in the world (in my opinion)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
To quote WhoScored.com

Physically, maybe
Tevez “I’ve not yet arrived at Juventus and there are some that claim I am overweight and have to lose six kilos, but I have not yet been weighed. It makes me laugh to hear certain things. Juventus have not told me anything in this sense.”
We'll see about that.

panty

callejon sold to napoli for 10m euros

lol soon madrid will have no strikers

10M is a good price eventhough I liked Callejon.

He's not our first team striker anyway. There's still Benz, Morata, Jese and Higuain.

And the possibility of a new signing. Should've signed Cavani though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
EU West.

Wouldn't joining the US server just be a latency fest for someone in Europe?

Jeff Gertsmann just said Bombcast has gone live. Damn, this is gonna be tough.

I played on US for a year and a half before switching to EUW with the recent transfers, ping was between 180-200 every game. Its something you can get used to if you play enough but the difference when you got o 20-30 is huge, especially if you want to play ranked. I couldnt play certain champions on US because timing skillshots was pointless. I opened a new US acc to play with some people the other week and going back to that latency really feels sluggish.

Add me ingame on EUW :D name is thecowgoesmoo

Linius

To me, Strootman is worth around 20 million euros. He is the 2nd or 3rd captain of the national team, has some international experience (well not CL), has the best team spirit of any player I have ever seen and he has the potential to become one of the best players in the world (in my opinion)

Well at least you have a shitload of transfer muppetry going on at the club. I believe the Telegraaf said 7 or 8 XI players from the cup finale are gone (or soon to be) now. That is quite a lot.

confuziz

Banned
Well at least you have a shitload of transfer muppetry going on at the club. I believe the Telegraaf said 7 or 8 XI players from the cup finale are gone (or soon to be) now. That is quite a lot.

The club needed a complete makeover. Last year we had the best players by far, but the team wasn't there.

Now we won't have the best players, but I hope we can create a good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom