• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

The club needed a complete makeover. Last year we had the best players by far, but the team wasn't there.

Now we won't have the best players, but I hope we can create a good team.

You had the best players by far? Come on now, then people complain about Ajax supporters being arrogant :lol

But hey you have Maher now, probably the best creative midfielder in the league. Add some proper defenders and a striker that can score some goals and you have a solid group of players. Then it's up to Cocu to do some good with that.

confuziz

Banned
You had the best players by far? Come on now, then people complain about Ajax supporters being arrogant :lol

But hey you have Maher now, probably the best creative midfielder in the league. Add some proper defenders and a striker that can score some goals and you have a solid group of players. Then it's up to Cocu to do some good with that.

The best individual players, absolutely.

Korez

907bb000-8221-442d-81e0-cb4769d75f54.jpg

Juventus Football Club and Nike are delighted to present the team’s brand new away kit for the forthcoming 2013/14 season.
The elegant yellow shirt and blue shorts combo provides a fitting nod to the past, worn by Bianconeri legend and inspirational captain Gaetano Scirea when he lifted the Cup Winners’ Cup in Basel on 16 May 1984.
Whilst every effort has been made to keep with tradition – yellow and blue are also the colours associated with the city of Turin - this year’s new away kit is modern in appearance and features an impressive attention to detail.
The shirt collar, black and white in colour, bears an inscription of the club’s year of foundation, 1897, along with a Scudetto symbol to mark Juventus’ status as defending champions.
The shirt is complimented by blue shorts featuring a yellow swoosh on the left leg, while the socks match the shirt’s yellow colour.
Through extensive research, Nike is committed to producing merchandise designed to both enhance player performance and reduce the impact its operations have on the environment.
These principles are also applied to Juventus’ new kit. The shirt and shorts are both made from 100% recycled polyester, with each kit removing 13 plastic bottles from landfills, reducing energy consumption by 30% compared to manufacturing virgin polyester.
The new away shirt, which goes on sale tomorrow, can be purchased from all official Nike Stores and Juventus Stores.

GorillaJu

10M is a good price eventhough I liked Callejon.

He's not our first team striker anyway. There's still Benz, Morata, Jese and Higuain.

And the possibility of a new signing. Should've signed Cavani though.

"The Spanish winger was one of the stars of this summer's Under-20 World Cup and impressed last season with 22 goals in Real's B team.

But Jese's contract runs out in June 2014 and that has sparked speculation he could be on the move this summer.

And the 20-year-old confesses he would not necessarily want to remain at Real due to his uncertainty over potential opportunities under new boss Carlo Ancelotti.

"I want to play, and I don't know if I'll get many minutes in the Real Madrid first team," Jese is quoted as saying in the Spanish media.

Earlier in July, Jese had revealed he planned to hold discussions with Real to establish what his future holds.

"I don't know what the club wants with me. I assume they will want to offer me a renewal but I don't know what I will do. I'm not going to lie about it," he told Marca before Spain U20s' exit at the hands of Uruguay in Bursa on Saturday night."

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tevez "The number 10? The club directors asked me to wear it, but everybody knows I like #32 (Matri's number)"

WHAT A SURPRISE! Another fucking lie by GdS.

And is this a tactic to motivate him? Because I don't think he gives a fuck. :p

Edit: or simply a ploy to sell more shirts.

Korez

Roma closing in on Strootman

Decisive hours for Kevin Stootman’s transfer to Roma. The parties involved are getting closer, the deal is on the verge of being completed. The midfielder had already accepted the destination a few days ago, and now Roma is wrapping up final details with PSV.

sky Italia

panty

"The Spanish winger was one of the stars of this summer's Under-20 World Cup and impressed last season with 22 goals in Real's B team.

But Jese's contract runs out in June 2014 and that has sparked speculation he could be on the move this summer.

And the 20-year-old confesses he would not necessarily want to remain at Real due to his uncertainty over potential opportunities under new boss Carlo Ancelotti.

"I want to play, and I don't know if I'll get many minutes in the Real Madrid first team," Jese is quoted as saying in the Spanish media.

Earlier in July, Jese had revealed he planned to hold discussions with Real to establish what his future holds.

"I don't know what the club wants with me. I assume they will want to offer me a renewal but I don't know what I will do. I'm not going to lie about it," he told Marca before Spain U20s' exit at the hands of Uruguay in Bursa on Saturday night."
Yes I know.

Ancelotti and Zidane want him in the first team - Jesé to stay at Real

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/09/en/football/real_madrid/1373356785.html

Clegg

I'm surprised that United dropped their interest in Strootman. We must be going full bore on Thiago as our midfield signing. Still think we need more than 1 midfield signing though.

Btw Moyes says he's spoken to United's back room staff and they're saying Rooney's in the best pre season shape he's been in for years.

And Moysey is quoted in the Guardian saying they're working hard behind the scenes to improve the squad.

Signings incoming!!

Korez

Leonardo a présenté sa démission

Leonardo aurait démissionné ce mercredi matin de son poste de directeur sportif du PSG selon nos confrères de beIN Sport. Suspendu un an depuis la semaine dernière pour avoir bousculé Alexandre Castro, l'arbitre du match PSG-Valenciennes du 5 mai dernier, le Brésilien était interdit de toutes fonctions officielles jusqu'au 30 juin 2014.

L'Equipe.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Something French has happened to Leonardo.

He quit his job after he was suspended from football until June 2014. Pssh, it's as if some of you never did GCSE French.

I'm excited about Chadli potentially signing. He can score, create, and like Paulinho his arrival would allow us so many more configurations. We desperately need someone who can play on the left besides Bale and Chadli is also a big bastard. Can't hurt to have more height in the team.

CM: Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele, Carroll, Holtby,
AM: Bale, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Chadli, Townsend

That would be great options. I still think we need to keep one of Parker, Livermore or Huddlestone though. For back-up and also the home-grown list.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dear Arsenal fans* on twitter,

Please fuck off, we're not Tottenham or Chelsea.

Sincerely,
An Italian team who gave you Henry.

*I don't mean our beloved GAF members, obviously.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tottenham Hotspur Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 24m

On this day in 1978, we completed an incredible double coup by signing Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa. #THFC

Teasing bastards.

GorillaJu

Cavani's comments re: Suarez are completely understandable

Cavani, a close friend of Suárez, said: "Luis has to be playing Champions League football. I can tell you his love for Liverpool is very real. If they were playing in the Champions League, he would not consider leaving. But he knows he is now at the stage of his career that he needs to be playing at the top level."

I just wish Suarez had the tact to express himself plainly instead of acting like a tool.

Cavani's comments re: Suarez are completely understandable

I just wish Suarez had the tact to express himself plainly instead of acting like a tool.

Fair enough I think, if he waited another season or even moved at the end of January he'd be 27. Can't blame him for wanting CL football, and he's not going to get that at Liverpool.

Korez

An Italian goal keeper for Monaco. It’s Gianluca Pegolo, currently at Siena. Pegolo has received the green light to fly to France and negotiate with Monaco, while the situation with the black and white club evolves. He is expected to sign the contract by this weekend.

bud

But then why did he sign a new contract last season when it was quite obv Liverpool wouldn't get into the CL.

because he got a raise. that's just how footballers are, and i can't blame them. unless you're steven gerrard, you're not going to give a fuck about liverpool, or your next club; you're just going to want to play at the highest level, and earn the most amount money.

if it's any consolation, morsel, i would sign a life-long contract at liverpool for just 1 million a year and i would be loyal to the end of time
just give me a chance

bud

leonardo was an amazing manager

an innovator

after all, who else would let huntelaar play as a right winger

genius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom