• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

Both of these two would improve our first team, don't understand the negativity behind them.

Don't think left back is a priority, if Evra is leaving, Baines would be a brilliant replacement.

Fellaini isn't what United need, in my opinion, he's not the type of centre mid United need, someone more mobile would be good, not someone who spent last season as a centre forward target man.

That's the point though.

To get a player as good as Thiago we will have to spend most of that £50m.

It's a really big deal to miss out on for the club. Last 2/3 summers United have missed out on alot of top young talent, quite worrying. We are never going to pay £50m for the established players so it's that young talent the club has to be buying up if we want to compete with the top clubs in Europe.

Good point, Thiago would have been the ultimate bargain.

K1LLER7

Both of these two would improve our first team, don't understand the negativity behind them.
Fellani had his best games further up. I don't want him as our CM. Don't see the hype around him. I would prefer someone who is in the same mould as Thiago.

Baines would be a decent buy

Stay for next season pls

Hold me as we sign Osman

I've already had discussions with my mate about that and how signing Osman will be more justifiable now that he's an England international. We were just joking of course, but we probably are going to do some shopping at Everton this summer whether it's Fellaini or Baines, or both. I do quite like Baines as a player, but the rumoured 18m Everton want for him is a bit on the steep side for a 28 year old full back, especially when you haven't bought a central midfielder over the age of 21 in seven years where that money would be better spent, plus Evra is still capable enough.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well they reported that Thiago had signed a 5 year deal with us. Let's not even get into the amount of stories Tancredi reports via Sky Italy.

Christian-Bale-Deal-With-It-Reaction-Gif.gif

You can't say I didn't warn you.

We have Evra, Buttner and Fabio. Why are we even looking at Baines, FFS.

Buttner is crap, but Fabio when fit put in several man of the match performances for QPR last season, including one at Stamford Bridge. The issue with him is obviously his fitness though.

Despite the title, this is actually a compilation of Fabio's performance vs Chelsea last season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ius5b-QBbqA

I watched the match live and he was every bit as good as that compilation makes him look.

Wilbur

Banned
Dunno why Pulga's trying to rub in salt, Thiago dismissed his club entirely.

His team's two top striker targets decided to go to France.

Another one rejected them in favour of moving to the club Thiago is going to in a year without the caveat of working with an ex coach.

bu bu bu oh wait its ok because he has another club to cum over when shit isnt going great

Fuck you Pulga, I'm going to dick slap pictures of your mum

Onwards and upwards United bros.

ElyrionX

Buttner is crap, but Fabio when fit put in several man of the match performances for QPR last season, including one at Stamford Bridge. The issue with him is obviously his fitness though.

Despite the title, this is actually a compilation of Fabio's performance vs Chelsea last season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ius5b-QBbqA

I watched the match live and he was every bit as good as that compilation makes him look.

Sorry but your opinion of Heinze invalidates your view. Heinze was awesome for us.

haven't replaced Fletcher who has AIDS?

:lol

Holy shit.

Nah. Loose 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 with Martinez as centre back and Gotze as false nine

You know, if it works, that's actually kind of terrifying. It's as good as done too. Pep's brother is Thiago's agent, he knows he can trust the manager to play him, it's currently the best team in the world - just too perfect.

United have definitely become complacent in the market. Every summer we miss out on midfielders that could improve our squad - or in the case of Pogba, lose them - and the excuses simply don't add up anymore. Moyes better get active. (Although, to be fair, it sounds like the executives/board fucked this one up.)

Messi

Dunno why Pulga's trying to rub in salt, Thiago dismissed his club entirely.

His team's two top striker targets decided to go to France.

Another one rejected them in favour of moving to the club Thiago is going to in a year without the caveat of working with an ex coach.

bu bu bu oh wait its ok because he has another club to cum over when shit isnt going great

Fuck you Pulga, I'm going to dick slap pictures of your mum

Onwards and upwards United bros.

olivia-wilde-gif-15.gif

Ether

Honda will be a Milan player in January, his agent has met Galliani this afternoon and confirmed this. If we manage to sell Robinho/Boateng he could be bought before September (we'll probably try to get Ljajic first, though).

Sorry but your opinion of Heinze invalidates your view. Heinze was awesome for us.

That's, like, your opinion man. My opinion was that he was a headless chicken who dived into tackles and often ran with the ball down blind alleys for no good reason.

He would have been finished, injury or not, with the signings of Evra and Vidic who were much better players at their peak.

I never felt comfortable with him in central defence...or at left back.

GQman2121

Banned
Thiago to Bayern just seems like a joke. He's been so heavily linked with United for, what, the last month? And just like that he's off to Bavaria? This summer heat makes people crazy. Everyone. Clubs, players, supporters--we're all out of our fucking minds.

faridmon

Honda will be a Milan player in January, his agent has met Galliani this afternoon and confirmed this. If we manage to sell Robinho/Boateng he could be bought before September (we'll probably try to get Ljajic first, though).

so where is he gonna play until then? He want out of Russia, like, now.

Messi

Thiago to Bayern just seems like a joke. He's been so heavily linked with United for, what, the last month? And just like that he's off to Bavaria? This summer heat makes people crazy. Everyone. Clubs, players, supporters--we're all out of our fucking minds.

No one official said anything, for all we know Thiago has spoken to both clubs and decided to sign with bayern.

This is what happens when you muppet out on ITKs

Kikarian

Well Pep's there's.

GQman2121

Banned
No one official said anything, for all we know Thiago has spoken to both clubs and decided to sign with bayern.

This is what happens when you muppet out on ITKs

Even just the thought of him or his people speaking with Bayern though seems strange. United can offer him just as much with more playing time. What more could someone in his position--at his young age--want?

Well Pep's there's.

I suppose that must be it. It's the only thing that makes sense. That, and they'll likely lift silverware at somepoint next year.

Zabojnik

Scudetto this year, CL the next. Galliani is a master.

Slizz

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Kroos left. Shaqiri is probably our go-to Ribéry replacement, Gustavo our Martinez/Schweinsteiger backup. Kroos doesn't seem to fit into our system as well anymore.

:(

I dismissed Wilbury when he suggested it yesterday, saying Bayern wouldn't let that happen. But now I dunno.

Blablurn

Even just the thought of him or his people speaking with Bayern though seems strange. United can offer him just as much with more playing time. What more could someone in his position--at his young age--want?

I suppose that must be it. It's the only thing that makes sense. That, and they'll likely lift silverware at somepoint next year.
well, he could ever to some team in england.. or he goes to the CL winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom