• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Last summer was a one off. Now we've gone back to missing out on our top targets.

We still even missed out last year too. But RVP and Kagawa cushioned the blow.

Never believing KillerITK again.

faridmon

Lol come on, Farid. Every football fan with two eyes has read about Deolafueuao a hundred times. He's touted as one of the best young talents in Europe. You can be sure that a host of clubs have been inquiring about him for some time, Everton probably just offered him and Barca what they want.

Can't one man dream for at least 20 min...

Arteta was a wanted man for a period. He stayed on. There is precedent
/Hopeful

Was refreshing Gaming for dc to make that thread
KuGsj.gif

All the ITK's feel like cunts now, saying Thiago to United is a done deal.

It was always a load of shite. One trusted (not necessarily trustworthy) person gets it wrong and thousands of eejits recycle it, then a bunch of morons post it on a forum to poke fun at the eejits, which just adds further momentum. Next thing you know, Thiago has been spotted practising tiki-taka with Bebe at Carrington.

dc89

OH

MY

GOD

LOL

/dead

DC you went all in on the OP.
3AQmK.gif

Was refreshing Gaming for dc to make that thread
KuGsj.gif

So nice to see everyone want to see my downfall

You need a LTTP tag, dc. Looooooooooool!

LOL. Make it happen :p

Feorax

Wow, Forren has gone back to Molde FC? Did he even play once for Southampton?

No wonder we only offered him a trial in Jan.

Bullet. Dodged.

Also, re Mkhitaryan, seeing some rumours popping up on twitter (lol) that Klopp had contacted him before he went away on holiday and gave him some "prep work" (wut?). If true, we absolutely never stood a chance.

K1LLER7

Last summer was a one off. Now we've gone back to missing out on our top targets.

We still even missed out last year too. But RVP and Kagawa cushioned the blow.

Never believing KillerITK again.
Got information from my source yesterday afternoon, saying that Thiago wouldn't sign. Didn't want to post it.

creep2xx6p.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Wow Guardiola took a huge shit on Rosell, just destroyed him.

Also confirmed he wants Thiago.

ElyrionX

I told myself after the Confed cup to ignore all the damn rumours and wait for facts but the Thiago one kept getting hyped up everywhere and I got caught up. Goddamnit.

Remember when I pointed out months ago that David Gill has been replaced by a hedge fund manager [picutred] and that once Fergie leaves that we're going to adopt an Arsenal approach of winning in the board room, rather than on the pitch? You wouldn't because I didn't post it on here, but I did post it on RedCafe.net but it got deleted because they don't like my no-nonsense take on United's future under the Glazer ownership.

_66007940_edwoodwardone.jpg

Ed Woodward, 40, an hedge fund manager.

Remember when I was a genius who noticed all these things years before everyone else did? Remember that there's 0 evidence that we were ever in for Thiago in the first place. Remember when United's new chief executive, Ed Woodward, who knows nothing about football and is an idiot, said that United don't need to strengthen despite the fact we have a non-existent midfield and the worst wingers in Europe? Remember when the other day, Manchester United favourite and, more importantly, employee, Bryan Robson said that United don't need any new midfielders? Remember when David Moyes emphasised bringing through youth in his presser? Remember the fact that we're Manchester United, the most profitable club in the world, yet out of the top 7 signings in English football history, only one of them have been by United (the 7th, Dimitar Berbatov). Remember that Sir Alex Ferguson is the goat manager with an awful lot of clout and Moyes isn't.

Yes, we've spent quite a bit of money in the past few seasons, but with the exception of Van Persie, they've all been long term investments or one of the worst players in the world, Ashley Young. It's as much about wages as it is about transfer fees though. It's the kind of thing a hedge fund manager would think about. Getting young, exciting prospects like Phil Jones on 40k a week contracts for 20m isn't the same as getting a world class player on top wages. Remember the whole Tevez situation? And how by the time Fergie convinced the board to let him spend the money on him, Tevez decided that he no longer wished to play for us? Remember when we replaced Ronaldo with Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan?

What does it say that we signed Michael Owen, or keep playing Giggs at the age of 39, or re-signed Scholes, or haven't replaced Fletcher who has AIDS?

We may have been in for Thiago, who knows. Ed Woodward may have been haggling over an extra couple of million. Barcelona said we didn't make a bid, so we probably weren't in for him.

Let us remember this post when United finish 4th in May and crash out of the Champions League with typical backs to the wall approach that we've come to expect against the creme de la creme of Europe in recent seasons due to our mediocre squad.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Remember when I pointed out months ago that David Gill has been replaced by a hedge fund manager [picutred] and that once Fergie leaves that we're going to adopt an Arsenal approach of winning in the board room, rather than on the pitch? You wouldn't because I didn't post it on here, but I did post it on RedCafe.net but it got deleted because they don't like my no-nonsense take on United's future under the Glazer ownership.

_66007940_edwoodwardone.jpg

Ed Woodward, 40, an hedge fund manager.

Remember when I was a genius who noticed all these things years before everyone else did? Remember that there's 0 evidence that we were ever in for Thiago in the first place. Remember when United's new chief executive, Ed Woodward, who knows nothing about football and is an idiot, said that United don't need to strengthen despite the fact we have a non-existent midfield and the worst wingers in Europe? Remember when the other day, Manchester United favourite and, more importantly, employee, said that United don't need any new midfielders? Remember when David Moyes emphasised bringing through youth in his presser? Remember the fact that we're Manchester United, the most profitable club in the world, yet out of the top 7 signings in English football history, only one of them have been by United (the 7th, Dimitar Berbatov). Remember that Sir Alex Ferguson is the goat manager with an awful lot of clout and Moyes isn't.

Yes, we've spent quite a bit of money in the past few seasons, but with the exception of Van Persie, they've all been long term investments or one of the worst players in the world, Ashley Young. It's as much about wages as it is about transfer fees though. It's the kind of thing a hedge fund manager would think about. Getting young, exciting prospects like Phil Jones on 40k a week contracts for 20m isn't the same as getting a world class player on top wages. Remember the whole Tevez situation? And how by the time Fergie convinced the board to let him spend the money on him, Tevez decided that he no longer wished to play for us? Remember when we replaced Ronaldo with Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan?

What does it say that we signed Michael Owen, or keep playing Giggs at the age of 39, or re-signed Scholes, or haven't replaced Fletcher who has AIDS?

We may have been in for Thiago, who knows. Ed Woodward may have been haggling over an extra couple of million. Barcelona said we didn't make a bid, so we probably weren't in for him.

Let us remember this post when United finish 4th in May and crash out of the Champions League with typical backs to the wall approach that we've come to expect against the creme de la creme of Europe in recent seasons due to our mediocre squad.

7y7zv3t_zps5790c517.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom