• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

noal

Banned
Glazers won't sell, and despite the debt they're fairly good at raking in revenue for us to support and gradually decrease the debt.

But United had the best commercial department anyway, a huge following in Asia and consistently were top of the profit tables in football, plus, the stadium was being done and land being bought; all with zero debt.

And now...

<3

And when they are in the Championship we'll see how loyal those fans are. I think Chelsea will need a stadium expansion.

Life long England fan here.

Judging from what I suffer from our shithole performances I will be a lifelong Manchester United fan too.

Looking forward to our fall from grace and the next 5 managers that will fail terribly after Moyes.

kharma45

I don't think the Glazers get involved in transfers at all, do they? Targets missed out on aren't because of them.

Nope, and by the sounds of it they are happy to get a marquee signing in with us targeting people like Moura according to SAF. Money is there for the right player.

But United had the best commercial department anyway, a huge following in Asia and consistently were top of the profit tables in football, plus, the stadium was being done and land being bought; all with zero debt.

And now...

We were good but they've taken the amount of money coming in onto another level.

Larson

Banned
Its glorious to be a united supporter, but when the transfer saga opens it dreadful. We are linked with so many quality players and every top secret fotball agent are saying X player has signed for United and waiting for the medical. But in the end, we just sign some B rated nobody from south america that no one has heard about.

Van Persie is and expetion, a hugh one. I hate silly season so much.

Suen

They just gotta face the truth.

No SAF, no party.

They'll be joining Wigan in relegation next season.

Manchester will forever be Blue.

<3

And when they are in the Championship we'll see how loyal those fans are. I think Chelsea will need a stadium expansion.
tumblr_mjytuoubZE1rwlv7fo1_250.gif

GQman2121

Banned
Washington Post just published the Rooney return story via the AP. Interesting......

Who is realistically in for him? Us and __________?

<3

Battersea really would/could have been something special. Perfect location for the plans they had lined up.

The Red Knights and United fans worldwide need to get together again and try to get rid of the Glaziers once and for all.

Can you imagine the money coming in if them bell ends haven't turned up. Plus, we actually might have a finished stadium by now.

When I hear people say the Glaziers have done no harm at United I just want to scream.

The problem with the Red Knights is that they're still businessmen at the end of the day and you couldn't totally trust them no matter how much they support United. The likes of Bayern and Barca are incredibly lucky they've got dat dere fan ownership, even if it's just partly in Bayern's case. Imagine being able to add another 15,000 seats and redesigning that stupid roof, and it is a stupid fucking roof, simply because it would benefit the fans? We can only dream.

But yeah, the fans have accepted Glazer ownership unfortunately.

We don't even need Lewa when we've got RVP, Welbeck and Chicha upfront.

Kagawa should played behind RVP.

If Rooney leaves, we'll need 2 midfielders. On to play alongside Carrick and one to replace Rooney.

Can you really use Danny Welbeck as a reason not to sign Lewandowski? I do agree that an proper striker wouldn't be the top priority if we want to play 4-2-3-1, what with RVP being world class, and Hernandez being a capable steed. I do however want us to replace Rooney with an attacking player of similar ability, but I fear we'll sign a central midfielder which the fans will accept as a replacement for Rooney. The fact would be that we've got worse in one area, to become better in another area, which isn't what a club the size of United should have to do.

When the season ended, I anticipated the whole summer being about Bale to United, given that our wingers scored, what, 3 goals between them? There's been a distinct lack of rumours of Bale to United, as well as nothing about Isco or any other wingers. Thiago would have been the perfect signing, really, but the club are too incompetent to get that sorted.

dc89

lol at Rooney being "injured"

Rats off a sinking ship

Junior - I like you.

Suck it dc

City's fans don't even turn up when you're champions

:loool

Are there even any realistic alternate targets left? I can't think of any.

You can take some of our dead wood if you like.

Life long England fan here.

Judging from what I suffer from our shithole performances I will be a lifelong Manchester United fan too.

Looking forward to our fall from grace and the next 5 managers that will fail terribly after Moyes.

Already, I can almost taste the sweet aura of depression emitting from Old Trafford.

i got the feeling that Moyes gonna get sacked mid-season when they're struggling to get to Europa League spots.

I can't see this happening, but it would be hilarious.

looool

kharma45

Can you really use Danny Welbeck as a reason not to sign Lewandowski? I do agree that an proper striker wouldn't be the top priority if we want to play 4-2-3-1, what with RVP being world class, and Hernandez being a capable steed. I do however want us to replace Rooney with an attacking player of similar ability, but I fear we'll sign a central midfielder which the fans will accept as a replacement for Rooney. The fact would be that we've got worse in one area, to become better in another area, which isn't what a club the size of United should have to do.

When the season ended, I anticipated the whole summer being about Bale to United, given that our wingers scored, what, 3 goals between them? There's been a distinct lack of rumours of Bale to United, as well as nothing about Isco or any other wingers. Thiago would have been the perfect signing, really, but the club are too incompetent to get that sorted.

Nope Welbeck is as useful as a fucking chocolate teapot up front.

I don't think the Glazers get involved in transfers at all, do they? Targets missed out on aren't because of them.

The Glazers hire the people who deal directly with transfers, i.e. Ed Woodward or Michael Bolingbroke.

Man Utd have had an incredible rise in commercial deals since the Glazers took over, but it's not exactly benefiting us as a club. It's benefiting the Glazers.

OUGcU.jpg

noal

Banned
The problem with the Red Knights is that they're still businessmen at the end of the day and you couldn't totally trust them no matter how much they support United. The likes of Bayern and Barca are incredibly lucky they've got dat dere fan ownership, even if it's just partly in Bayern's case. Imagine being able to add another 15,000 seats and redesigning that stupid roof, and it is a stupid fucking roof, simply because it would benefit the fans? We can only dream.

But yeah, the fans have accepted Glazer ownership unfortunately.

Full fan ownership should be the main goal but with the Glaziers pricing out everybody then we probably need some help.

And by God the OT roof is just the worst and needs to die a horrible death. It just ruins the atmosphere and spectacle.

dc89

It's pretty refreshing to hear the manager say "we have a very good squad" & "yes we're in the market for the best players, but also an opportunity for the very good young players" instead of;

"new players? Ask Marwood. Only he knows."

Full fan ownership should be the main goal but with the Glaziers pricing out everybody then we probably need some help.

And by God the OT roof is just the worst and needs to die a horrible death. It just ruins the atmosphere and spectacle.

That would be the shit fans and prawn-sandwich brigade

Messi

Cut my tongue off a barbecue lay, I don't even like lays :( curses.

and to who ever left the KFC chicken in the fridge last night, thank you. To the fucker who came along and ate the skin off it and left the rest this morning...you sir are a cunt.

noal

Banned
There's a bloke who does a blog about football finance, mainly United, but interesting reading.

Just Google Andersred.

Turok_TTZ

If there is a genuine thing to criticise the Benz, it would be his hair cuts.

Buzz cut benz > w/e the hell the above pic is. Still making poor decisions for your hair I see, Benz. :facepalm:

pappe

I can't believe you guys are ready to let go of Rooney just like that. Name 1 player available in the market who can be a suitable replacement.

We need to keep him. Especially now that we are not getting a creative midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom