• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

noal

Banned
That would be the shit fans and prawn-sandwich brigade

Fair enough, can't argue with you there!

But when you are up in the Gods and can't see half of the fans it feels like you are cut off from the experience.

The second I realised what the Glaziers had done to get United I cancelled my membership and MUTV and told everyone to not buy me official United merchandise for gifts and I haven't been to see them since and a lot of the hardcore fans stayed away as well.

Dazzler

If there is a genuine thing to criticise the Benz, it would be his hair cuts.

Buzz cut benz > w/e the hell the above pic is. Still making poor decisions for your hair I see, Benz. :facepalm:

I think Raheem Sterling is rocking the worst haircut in football right now

Massive Kid and Play style block of flats on his head

Genuinely think he's just doing it to add an inch or two to his height

I think Raheem Sterling is rocking the worst haircut in football right now

Massive Kid and Play style block of flats on his head

Genuinely think he's just doing it to add an inch or two to his height

Sterling's hair is awesome. I think it'll catch on, I'm gonna get it when I get my haircut tomorrow

K1LLER7

I can't believe you guys are ready to let go of Rooney just like that. Name 1 player available in the market who can be a suitable replacement.

We need to keep him. Especially now that we are not getting a creative midfielder.
Agree.

We can't sell Rooney unless a top replacement is lined up.

Lol we're not signing Gareth Bale.

Spurs would demand at least £60m for him.

In fact £70m is more likely.

Sell Rooney for £25m and buy Bale for £60m (£35m net).

Low-ball them first. Come in with a bid of £30.75m + Henriquez on loan for a season. They'll reject it, but we'll say that we'll leave the offer on the table for a few weeks. They're legally obliged to inform Gareth Bale about the bid and he'll kick up a fuss at not being allowed to move to the champions, doubling his wages, playing Champions League football, and lining up alongside his boyhood hero Ryan Giggs as he prepares to inherit his number 11 shirt for the 2014/2015 season.

If after two weeks Spurs haven't accepted the offer, you up it to 40m, then 50m, and then finally 60m and say that it's a non-negotiable offer and they'll get 20% of the profit if he's sold (of which there would likely be none, but you put it in there to make it look like a better offer than it really is).

If we sold Rooney for 25m, it would only be 35m net for Gareth Bale. Bargain.

noal

Banned
Yeah, I follow him on Twitter. Quite interesting, Viva is all over this kinda stuff.

Kindred spirits indeed. I have been lurking so far. Just trying to get to know everyone around here which is silly because I've been reading Gaf for 3 years and I only just really discovered the football thread!

Low-ball them first. Come in with a bid of £30.75m + Henriquez on loan for a season. They'll reject it, but we'll say that we'll leave the offer on the table for a few weeks. They're legally obliged to inform Gareth Bale about the bid and he'll kick up a fuss at not being allowed to move to the champions, doubling his wages, playing Champions League football, and lining up alongside his boyhood hero Ryan Giggs as he prepares to inherit his number 11 shirt for the 2014/2015 season.

If after two weeks Spurs haven't accepted the offer, you up it to 40m, then 50m, and then finally 60m and say that it's a non-negotiable offer and they'll get 20% of the profit if he's sold (of which there would likely be none, but you put it in there to make it look like a better offer than it really is).

Could work you know. Could work.

K1LLER7

Darren Can thinks there's more to the Rooney return.

"Why would a player need to return home from a tour with a little niggle? When there is staff as part of the 190 entourage who are physios?"

"It's 'only' a hamstring injury, not the end of the world.Hardly seems worth flying him all the way home.Why not stay/rest with everyone else."

Nesotenso

Usho, what's this about Deuce leaving Spurs?!

Even as a USMNT fan, I could see he struggled at times and gave a lot of poor performances at White Hart Lane. Spurs need scoring threats. I thought Adebayor and Defoe would go before him. Maybe they are going all in to get Benteke.

Scum

That's about as realistic as Die Hard 4

@Scum, I would never disrespect Uncharted 2. Even as a joke.
Awww. :'(

You'll be dealing with Ush. Good luck with that.

Fergie

Banned
Thiago = fail

Baines = fail

Ronaldo = fail

Strootman = fail

Lewandowski = fail

Losing Fergie = fail

Gonna drown myself in the summer tour. No players wants to be Moyeses mate.

D_prOdigy

Darren Can thinks there's more to the Rooney return.

"Why would a player need to return home from a tour with a little niggle? When there is staff as part of the 190 entourage who are physios?"

"It's 'only' a hamstring injury, not the end of the world.Hardly seems worth flying him all the way home.Why not stay/rest with everyone else."

Eh. He'll still get much better treatment back home, despite the fuss. Priority will be getting him fit for the start of the season, makes sense that they'll want to do all they can.

Let me dream, guys.

We're going to sign some player no one has ever heard of on the cheap. It's the Manchester United way.

It really is hilarious how everyone just laughs off interest from United in top players, even ones that play for Spurs.

Messi

Eh. He'll still get much better treatment back home, despite the fuss. Priority will be getting him fit for the start of the season, makes sense that they'll want to do all they can.

Usually when players do this, its because they are trying to leave.

Into

6d85416e-efce-4118-b04b-aa99d620127e.jpg

Awww yeaah!

Italian international defender Angelo Ogbonna has today completed a permanent move from Torino to Juventus.

The 25-year-old, whose impressive club performances earned him a place in Cesare Prandelli’s European Championship squad last summer, has put pen to paper on a five-year contract which keeps him with the Bianconeri until 2018.

Juventus will part with €13 million for the player’s full registration rights, to be paid in installments over the next three years.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Usho, what's this about Deuce leaving Spurs?!

He's in the 'we will listen to offers' pile. Deuce is good at sniffing out a goal but he isnt really a good fit in terms of playstyle. With a full preseason he'd probably be a lot better but at 30 years old it's better we cash in and give his minutes to people like Gylfi and Townsend. I don't mind keeping him but if we make the signings we need he won't really have a role anymore. If someone offered £8m that pays for Chadli who is much, better, younger and Belgian.

At least he scored some clutch goals while he was here. We'll always remember the goals against United.

Like 7/8 available CM's have already transferred this summer to good teams.

If we wanna get somebody now he's either gonna be not that great, or we will have to cough up a significant fee to convince the club to sell.

I reckon we should just try to sign Fellaini.

dc89

Kindred spirits indeed. I have been lurking so far. Just trying to get to know everyone around here which is silly because I've been reading Gaf for 3 years and I only just really discovered the football thread!

haha. Similar to me, I only discovered it when I joined.

Clegg

Like 7/8 available CM's have already transferred this summer.

If we wanna get somebody now he's either gonna be not that great, or we will have to cough up a significant fee to convince the club to sell.

We now support Austerity United.

Fellaini is too expensive,

Slizz

Like 7/8 available CM's have already transferred this summer to good teams.

We will fuck that up somehow.

K1LLER7

Like 7/8 available CM's have already transferred this summer.

He'll end up at Arsenal.

;_;

Dazzler

He's in the 'we will listen to offers' pile. Deuce is good at sniffing out a goal but he isnt really a good fit in terms of playstyle. With a full preseason he'd probably be a lot better but at 30 years old it's better we cash in and give his minutes to people like Gylfi and Townsend. I don't mind keeping him but if we make the signings we need he won't really have a role anymore. If someone offered £8m that pays for Chadli who is much, better, younger and Belgian.

At least he scored some clutch goals while he was here. We'll always remember the goals against United.

I know I'm leaving myself open to claims of "it's his job" but whenever I see Deuce play, all he really contributes to the team is goals. Never really takes part in general play. Which is nice to have, but when the goals aren't flowing it's pretty useless to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom