• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
BO7Q5ALCUAAeqpY.jpg:large

Can someone explain this. Pls.

It's a United facebook post in the flesh.

Großkreutz on Mkhitaryan:
"I'll teach him a bit of German and a few Dortmund songs. Then I'll tell him about the derby, so that he knows everything he needs to know."

Großkreutz is so awesome :)

Galliani is looking for a Japanese sponsor to help us with his signing this summer. Seems a bit desperate to me.

--

Football Manager just received 6 trading cards on Steam.

Gonna idle it like there's no tomorrow, even if I'd unlock them playing normally today or tomorrow.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Defoe:

"I'm a forward but I can't be the only forward at a club. Over the years, the clubs who've won titles have had several strikers.

"If you want to do well it's important to have competition. It will definitely help us to bring more goals into the team."

"When Manchester United won the Treble in 1999 they had unbelievable forwards like Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Dwight Yorke - you need that.

You've got a fucking cheek, son. You scored one goal in 6 months.

Tc91

Galliani is looking for a Japanese sponsor to help us with his signing this summer. Seems a bit desperate to me.

--

Football Manager just received 6 trading cards on Steam.

Gonna idle it like there's no tomorrow, even if I'd unlock them playing normally today or tomorrow.

Don't understand this card business.

Do you just play the game and you get them randomly?

Don't understand this card business.

Do you just play the game and you get them randomly?

Yes. In short: Football Manager has six cards. You get half of them by simply running the game (it doesn't matter if you actually play it or you let it sit on the main menu) and the other half by trading with other Steam users or by buying them on the community market. Once you get all of them you can craft those six cards into a Badge which you'll find on your Steam profile and also get a wallpaper, an emoticon (both related to FM) and a coupon/a Steam Summer Sale card.
If you don't care about them you can always sell them (emoticons/wallpapers as well) and earn some money.

Arnie

Hahaha it's just me and Mark Cerny in a room, this is what Kyoufu's anti dude-bro dreams are made of.

He's rehearsing to himself in a corner.

deroli

Wow, Red Bull against Schalke. I don't know which team I despise more. But still, always nice to see Schalke conceding a goal like this.

BTW, I had two job interviews this week (I graduated in spring). Both were in... Munich. And one of the firms will offer me a contract. The head of the department said something along the lines of "Keep in mind: Munich is not a place for everyone". I really don't know how I will fit in there. The dialect, the local folklore, seeing little fuckers running around in götze shirts... It will definitely take some time to get used to this town, if I accept their offer.

Tc91

Yes. In short: Football Manager has six cards. You get half of them by simply running the game (it doesn't matter if you actually play it or you let it sit on the main menu) and the other half by trading with other Steam users or by buying them on the community market. Once you get all of them you can craft those six cards into a Badge which you'll find on your Steam profile and also get a wallpaper, an emoticon (both related to FM) and a coupon/a Steam Summer Sale card.
If you don't care about them you can always sell them (emoticons/wallpapers as well) and earn some money.

Ahhhhh okay thanks for explaining! Is it like that for every game with cards? You can just afk the first 3?

Jack cw

I really don't know how I will fit in there. The dialect, the local folklore, seeing little fuckers running around in götze shirts... It will definitely take some time to get used to this town, if I accept their offer.
You'll do fine. Just get a g'scheite Lederhos'n ;) Oh and dont take the "BVB Hurensöhne..." chants too serious.

Ahhhhh okay thanks for explaining! Is it like that for every game with cards? You can just afk the first 3?

Yep, each game has a different quantity of cards, but you'll always get half of them by yourself (i.e. Half Life 2 has 8 cards, you'll unlock only 4; Bastion has 5, you'll unlock 3 of them and so on).

Thiago to Bayern is just ridiculous lol

BTW, I had two job interviews this week (I graduated in spring). Both were in... Munich. And one of the firms will offer me a contract. The head of the department said something along the lines of "Keep in mind: Munich is not a place for everyone". I really don't know how I will fit in there. The dialect, the local folklore, seeing little fuckers running around in götze shirts... It will definitely take some time to get used to this town, if I accept their offer.

Where do you currently live? I don't think it's all that hard to get used to Munich as long as you live in Munich and not outside. But maybe I'm just kinda used to it with relatives living there :D

Also, not that many guys running around in Bayern stuff in my experience, at least not much more than in other big cities, matchdays aside of course.

Linius

Thiago to Bayern is just ridiculous lol

Where do you currently live? I don't think it's all that hard to get used to Munich as long as you live in Munich and not outside. But maybe I'm just kinda used to it with relatives living there :D

Also, not that many guys running around in Bayern stuff in my experience, at least not much more than in other big cities, matchdays aside of course.

Would that really matter in choosing a place to live? The amount of people in Bayern kits :p

Clegg

Mou has spoken about Rooney.

"Rooney is a player I like very much but I can say no more than that. Being fast and direct, I like that, but he's a MUFC player."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom