• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Pep seems like he'd be a great coach to work for, his little interaction with Shaqiri was nice. Fair play to him over Thiago, he's made him seem absolutely wanted.

Mou has spoken about Rooney.

"Rooney is a player I like very much but I can say no more than that. Being fast and direct, I like that, but he's a MUFC player.

Seems like proper interest there. I wouldn't be happy selling him to Chelsea at all.

Salazar

Mou has spoken about Rooney.

"Rooney is a player I like very much but I can say no more than that. Being fast and direct, I like that, but he's a MUFC player.

Some forked tongue La Liga goober shit coming out of his mouth

We don't give a fuck what you do or don't talk about

Just make an offer, son, because he has that contract

Player who supposedly needs to be a starter is going to a midfield overstocked with quality.

Why? Thiago probably has more confidence in Pep than he does Moyes. Can hardly blame him for that and Bayern get more young talented players I can't see anything wrong with that either.

The issue is he is joining another club to arguably be benched again whereas he would have walked into the first XI at United

spidye

Wow, Red Bull against Schalke. I don't know which team I despise more. But still, always nice to see Schalke conceding a goal like this.

BTW, I had two job interviews this week (I graduated in spring). Both were in... Munich. And one of the firms will offer me a contract. The head of the department said something along the lines of "Keep in mind: Munich is not a place for everyone". I really don't know how I will fit in there. The dialect, the local folklore, seeing little fuckers running around in götze shirts... It will definitely take some time to get used to this town, if I accept their offer.

haha. don't let your love of football get in front of your happiness.
anyway congrats

Wilbur

Banned
United should have gone for a bigger manager

We went for a manager who fits the club ethos and who won't contort the club's image to his own, a la Mourinho. Is he the perfect man for the job? No. But out of the field of candidates, he was probably the best man for the job.

There's only three coaches I'd have entertained wanting aside from Moyes and that's Mourinho, Klopp and Guardiola. All have their flaws and strengths, and two of them were unrealistic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Did Nike suddenly fall in love with Sweden? Bot Arsenal's and Juve's kits look too much like the Swedish kit.

Nah, we've had our share of yellow shirts.

juventus-third-football-shirt-2005-2006-s_16624_1.jpg

1984.jpg

Lightning

Banned
The issue is he is joining another club to arguably be benched again whereas he would have walked into the first XI at United
Player development also comes into it. Thiago knows Pep and obviously has confidence that he will get his game time and develop more as a player in the process.

United were hagging the deal for weeks so either United weren't as keen as twitter would have you believe or Thiago had serious doubts about United because there are no stories that I'm aware of Barca fucking Bayern around like they appeared to do to United.

Salazar

Matt Barker ‏@matthew_barker 3m
Mediaset say #Juventus & #Norwich have agreed a fee for Fabio Quagliarella. Now up to the player to decide whether he fancies the move.

GO NORWICH

BIG PLAYS ALL OF A SUDDEN

Wilbur

Banned
GO NORWICH

BIG PLAYS ALL OF A SUDDEN

How absurd. Can't see him going, but good shit seeing Norwich make good use of the new television money.

Now we just need them all to improve their academies with a share of it. Then we have a nice even league where everyone's buying well and then in ten years England are actually competitive in the youth development market again pls pls Norwich don't let me down pls

Wilbur

Banned
Back.

Back with a vengeance.

Body weight feels perfect. Slight feeling of input lag but community manager assures me it's being ironed out.

FUD

God puppeteer is a visual spandoogle

I'm circling the fucking drain

My fingers are primed and ready for Fudzilla

Arnie

That's got me on a veritable stage two fud Arnie.
I played for like 2 minutes and I'm gagging for more. Meant to be working but right now that just involves watching mark Cerny have an interview with some odd looking bloke. I basically just have to stand here, but PES is on the other side of the wall.

And puppeteer.

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie's getting me excited. But what is puppeteer?

Just seen a Guardian article that said van Ginkel could be Chelsea's next Lampard, they'll be happy with that.

Wish the top clubs had more English talent though :/ Madrid are trying to get a few more Spanish players even, what the fuck.

While the PL buys foreign all the time lol. Fuck I'm gonna go look at transfermarkt

Remember when Bayern fans were like: I'm really excited to see which youth player Pep brings in the first team. Weihrauch? Can? Höjbjerg? Thiago!

Would that really matter in choosing a place to live? The amount of people in Bayern kits :p

No but the amount of people walking around in Schlacke shirts sure is!

Salazar

Just seen a Guardian article that said van Ginkel could be Chelsea's next Lampard, they'll be happy with that.

My favourite quote is "Of course there will be pressure. But I am Andre Schurrle"

lol

Your name could be Lionel Whistle, pal. Who gives a fuck

Jack cw

Remember when Bayern fans were like: I'm really excited to see which youth player Pep brings in the first team. Weihrauch? Can? Höjbjerg? Thiago!
The same people that were exited for Weiser, Wagner, Baumjohann, Schlaudraff, Dos Santos...
This isnt 2008 anymore. No limited players like Großkreutz, but worldclass like Thiago :D

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed he is in 'constant communication' with star striker Luis Suarez and remains hopeful he will remain at Anfield.

Get off the phone Brendan, Luis needs the line clear in case Arsene calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom