• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

James McCarthy, don't you fucking dare Moyes.
It's a very Moyes signing.

He was out if his depth a bit with Thiago, he can't exactly ring him up and have a conversation like Pep can. McCarthy, on the other hand...
Arnie, guessing you haven't written up your thoughts on PES yet?

#returnoftheking
Nope, got in a bit tired and tipsy so couldn't be arsed.

It's good. Played two games. Game has some input lag problems and the referees are fucking nuts, but Adam assured me both of those would be fixed. Whether that's bullshit I can't be certain. Passing and weight felt sublime. Animations are superb. Collisions and physicality are all up to proper standards, unlike every PES of this generation.
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 9h
And we'll get neither.
£40 million isn't a release clause, either.

Did you hear the bollocks he was spouting regarding secrecy?

Suarez is not a player that is going to come quietly.

I have a sinking feeling Suarez is just a story to keep the papers and the fans happy/quiet regarding ambition and come start of the season we're stuck asking the same questions again.

I hope I'm wrong but Occam's razor suggests the worst.

I should point out that I don't think we're actually linked with McCarthy, just people are wondering which one would be the best signing out of Fellaini, Cabaye and him.

Moyes is the guy that wins the lottery and still shops in charity shops.

Arnie

I have a sinking feeling Suarez is just a story to keep the papers and the fans happy/quiet regarding ambition and come start of the season we're stuck asking the same questions again.

You've definitely bid £30 million, but you won't get close to the amount we'll ask you for him.

The first episode is packed with them, up to 5 now and the amount of nudity has gone way down.

Good good. Unnecessary nudity puts me off a bit :lol

Nope, got in a bit tired and tipsy so couldn't be arsed.

It's good. Played two games. Game has some input lag problems and the referees are fucking nuts, but Adam assured me both of those would be fixed. Whether that's bullshit I can't be certain. Passing and weight felt sublime. Animations are superb. Collisions and physicality are all up to proper standards, unlike every PES of this generation.

excellent

Seriously, I am so sick of FIFA now. Want a new challenge, and PES could provide that this year.

Wish it was coming to PS4 too, but I don't mind it being on PS3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621766

Nintendo are rather disgusting, this is not how you sell a console. How are they even doing well with the 3DS when the Wii U is so fucked?

Why does any company bother with advertising? Just come out with statements saying buy it please, that's how its done.

Most of my mates aren't that keen on gaming, Fifa/Cod kind of guys, but I don't think the Wii U's ever came up in conversation. I think this is the huge problem for the console, the general market aren't excited by it, some of them don't even know what it is.

James McCarthy, don't you fucking dare Moyes.

ie3DBbzFJh2Zs.gif

Salvadora

Aye.

The season ticket stuff is making me very anxious, too. Despite the lack of spending we moved much quicker last season. The squad is thinning at an alarming rate as well. I'm all for getting rid of the deadwood, but we need bodies in that squad.

With our penchant for injuries it would be wise to have replacements.

Aye.

The season ticket stuff is making me very anxious, too. Despite the lack of spending we moved much quicker last season. The squad is thinning at an alarming rate as well. I'm all for getting rid of the deadwood, but we need bodies in that squad.

With our penchant for injuries it would be wise to have replacements.

Didn't we sign Giroud, Podolski and Cazorla just before the cunt left?

Why does any company bother with advertising? Just come out with statements saying buy it please, that's how its done.

Most of my mates aren't that keen on gaming, Fifa/Cod kind of guys, but I don't think the Wii U's ever came up in conversation. I think this is the huge problem for the console, the general market aren't excited by it, some of them don't even know what it is.

"Iwata: Please understand that you need to be excited"

"Miyamoto: Please buy our console, I am sad"

"Reggie: *Insert gibberish about how they're not worried (Read aware) of competition*"

My friends are exactly the same. All we've talked about recently was GTA and how they wish it was coming to the PS4. All of them know about the Wii but only one knows about the Wii U after I showed it to him and he has got 0 interest in it.

Nintendo's advertising is very poor. No one knew about the 3DS until it dropped in price and people were telling others how good it is. They completely relied on word of mouth, I don't think many companies do that.

On the other hand you've got Sony who managed to inform everyone in my family, friends and random people in Uni about The Last of Us by advertising it everywhere and advertising it right. I'm surprised how my little sister knew about it, apparently she saw it in an ad before a video on youtube, youtube searched it and the first result was an offical trailer.

FootballFan

I am probably hated here.
I have no friends here, just enemies and trolls.
I have yet to have a decent banter of tactics here.
Why do I keep coming back to footygaf? There are better discussions to be had on fanatical football forums than here. I will take permanent leave of this side of Gaf.

I'm done. I will take my leave of this place now.

Fucking amazing. Sentence by sentence he becomes more negative lol.

LTWheels

If he has a £40m release clause, whats the point of bidding under it? If such an release cause exists, Liverpool would not except a figure under it.

Arnie

How do you know?

Because local sources are convinced it doesn't exist, because somebody would've activated it by now if it did, and because we wouldn't have talked with such surety about our own position in any potential bargaining if it did exist.

There is no release clause. A club can't throw a fee down and force us to accept it.

If FSG can get £50 million, however, I think they'd accept it, and I think it's the best action to take. I'm tired of Suarez. Wouldn't sell him to an English club, though. Real can have him.

jtb

Banned
you'd think that after the Mata debacle we'd just pay the extra million or so and get this fucking Higuain deal over with. they've already started the asia tour, ffs!

Salvadora

Szczesny’s father has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

wut
This is awful.

It won't help Szczesny's psyche, either.
you'd think that after the Mata debacle we'd just pay the extra million or so and get this fucking Higuain deal over with. they've already started the asia tour, ffs!
I can understand digging in heels sometimes, but when certain players are available you need to go all out. Mata & Higuain are those types of players.

A few million is nothing to Arsenal, especially now.

Shagwell

I have to.

I'm starving, I'll eat any scraps that come my way. Especially when there's the hint of a tasty meal in there.

Love watching training footage. Kolo just blocking shit like a gazelle, wee Joe Allen passing without looking, Sterling hurdling.

Tomorrow's gonna be top.

Speaking of Allen, I'm actually really excited to see what's in store for him this season. I've got high hopes for him. It's a boring overused cliché but I genuinely reckon he'll be like new signing for us. Not a lot of mention of him but if he gets in a decent preseason, has put his injury behind him for good, has properly settled in and starts playing like he did at the start of last season (but consistently) then we'll have a really tidy player on our hands.

Scum

If Wenger fannies around and misses out on both strikers....
...oh boy!

"Iwata: Please understand that you need to be excited"

"Miyamoto: Please buy our console, I am sad"

"Reggie: *Insert gibberish about how they're not worried (Read aware) of competition*"

My friends are exactly the same. All we've talked about recently was GTA and how they wish it was coming to the PS4. All of them know about the Wii but only one knows about the Wii U after I showed it to him and he has got 0 interest in it.

Nintendo's advertising is very poor. No one knew about the 3DS until it dropped in price and people were telling others how good it is. They completely relied on word of mouth, I don't think many companies do that.

On the other hand you've got Sony who managed to inform everyone in my family, friends and random people in Uni about The Last of Us by advertising it everywhere and advertising it right. I'm surprised how my little sister knew about it, apparently she saw it in an ad before a video on youtube, youtube searched it and the first result was an offical trailer.
The old gits at the company need to go. Most of them are on the board and are well over 60 years old. They're holding back the company from becoming more global by running it from Japan only.

They'll end up with just the 3DS to look after soon enough. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom