• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool once missed out on Dani Alves because they wouldn't stretch the extra 1 million pounds

Brøndby missed out on Modric because they didn't think he was worth 1mil euros.
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

IIRC, Yaya Toure came over to England for a trial with Arsenal. He was shit :lol

Also, I believe we were close to signing Ibra :p

Edit: thanks Wooden!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsene & Ferguson were at a charity event and he was asked how close he was to Ronaldo.

He said, "£100,000".

Can anyone beat that?

Yes.

We sorta 'signed' him but the deal collapsed because of fucking Salas

“It’s true, we had got Cristiano Ronaldo. We took Salas to Sporting Lisbon and Ronaldo had a medical in Turin. Then Salas suddenly turned down the transfer and in the end Ronaldo signed for Manchester United.”

Also, I believe we were close to signing Ibra :p

PWx1XIj.jpg

“Arsene gave me the No 9 shirt with Ibrahimovic on it and I was so pleased.
“So then I waited for him to convince me that I should join. But he didn’t even try.
“He never actually made me a serious offer, it was more, ‘I want to see how good you are. Have a trial.’ I couldn’t believe it.”

lol

Meier

This is hilarious:

bumbum-horz.jpg

Hulk’s rear-ened has been a hot topic in Brazil since the Confederations Cup, where repeated shots of the Zenit St Petersburg attacker’s bum caused an avalanche of chatter.

Using a measuring tape, the circumference of Hulk’s backside totalled a whopping 111 centimeters.

Putting that into content, Hulk’s arse is 10 centimeters bigger than Brazil’s reigning Miss BumBum, Andressa Urach (see a comparison of above).
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/b...asures-hulks-bum-comes-in-at-a-massive-111cm/

PWx1XIj.jpg

“Arsene gave me the No 9 shirt with Ibrahimovic on it and I was so pleased.
“So then I waited for him to convince me that I should join. But he didn’t even try.
“He never actually made me a serious offer, it was more, ‘I want to see how good you are. Have a trial.’ I couldn’t believe it.”

lol

lol. Ibra's troll level is high!

I have to read his book sometime, any good?

Messi

I always liked this one, Man United miss out on Ronaldinho.

RONALDINHO

It was a pretty long-winded saga 10 years ago in which United relentlessly pursued Ronaldinho (10 years, where does the time go?). The deal seemed so certain that you would have been forgiven for going out and getting Ronaldinho on the back of your United shirt. But PSG announced the player would instead go to Barcelona for £21million, citing United’s arrogance in negotiations as one of the reasons they sold him to the Spanish giants instead.

It is impossible to know, of course, whether or not Ronaldinho would have set the world alight at Old Trafford like every United fan so craved. But I think if you look at how it worked out for both parties, United and Ronaldinho would say things turned out alright for them. Ronaldinho went on to become undoubtedly one of the symbols of footballing greatness in the past decade; FIFA world player of the year twice, acting as a catalyst for a new wave of success at Barcelona.

Meanwhile in the same summer that United missed out on him, a spotty teenager called Christiano Ronaldo arrived at Old Trafford…

Ronaldinho has since then, pretty recently in fact, stated that United would have had more European glory had they signed him. Whether that means he regrets missing out on a chance to play for them only he will know.

Its really one of those stories that makes me wonder what could have been. But yeah, it worked out fine in the end for both teams.

Scum

Man, these miss outs!
Ronaldihno at Man Utd, C. Ronaldo at Juventus, Ibracadabra at Arsenal, D. Alves at Liverpool.

:O

flippedb

Banned
Well, Galliani almost got Xavi

Was Totti close to signing for AC Milan? As a kid, yes, but not recently. We were closer in bringing Xavi to the club, there was even a contract. I was dealing with the father of the player at the time but did not realize I also had to deal with his mother ...
Beat that.

Liverpool missed out on Gary Barry. It was a part of the Benitez master plan of signing Barry and Robbie Keane.

Would Liverpool have won the league last season if Barry had signed? It is a question that Benítez must have mulled over a thousand times. He gives a deep sigh, so heavy that it is audible when the tape is played back.

“You never know,” he said slowly. “Football is a funny game. The plan was for Barry to play on the left and feed the ball to Robbie Keane, who would play up front with Fernando Torres. This blueprint had to be scrapped. The collateral damage was Keane, who signed from Tottenham Hotspur before the Barry deal had been done.

Liverpool missed out on Gary Barry. It was a part of the Benitez master plan of signing Barry and Robbie Keane.

Would Liverpool have won the league last season if Barry had signed? It is a question that Benítez must have mulled over a thousand times. He gives a deep sigh, so heavy that it is audible when the tape is played back.

“You never know,” he said slowly. “Football is a funny game. The plan was for Barry to play on the left and feed the ball to Robbie Keane, who would play up front with Fernando Torres. This blueprint had to be scrapped. The collateral damage was Keane, who signed from Tottenham Hotspur before the Barry deal had been done.

Such a tactical genius. How could you not win the league with that sort of plan?

Clegg

maybe the same ones that managed to knock out Nigel Dodds

Democratic Unionist Party MP Nigel Dodds has been struck in the head by a brick after sectarian tensions in North Belfast spilled into violence, it was revealed.

Rioting loyalists, some wielding swords, attacked police in a major outbreak of violence in the area tonight. Baton rounds were fired and water cannon used by officers.
smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom