• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibrox can be seriously cringeworthy at times, a bunch of guys shouting fuck the pope or whatever. What's the fucking point. There's whole songs about hating Catholicism, I'd like to think we have enough of our own heritage to make songs from... But then that's always the excuse when they start singing about the batlle of the Boyne, like it really matters.

Then of course the club get fined for it and its all across the sports pages.

He's yours for €15m.

Italian media is saying Abate to Arsenal for €12m. I like the guy, but it's €12m and we have De Sciglio anyway.

But do you think Constant is good enough to be our permanent LB? That is the real question.

Maybe this is what Gold Tie meant when he said he was counting on Didac. :lol

Splatt

3756_10152236303625475_985186613_n.jpg

Shagwell

Can't believe I'll have to stream Liverpool v Preston from fucking London.

Excited to see Kelly return. And watch the Scouse Luther's debut.

I just subscribed to lfc.tv so I can watch our pre-season games. (I did this last season, too) LOL:

I can't believe you guys are actually going to watch pre-season football! I've made the mistake far too many times and can no longer bring myself to do it. I'll watch the highlights after the match but fuck the 90 minutes are so slow, low-intensity, and mundane. Used to never miss one but now I just save myself for opening day.

kharma45

Ibrox can be seriously cringeworthy at times, a bunch of guys shouting fuck the pope or whatever. What's the fucking point. There's whole songs about hating Catholicism, I'd like to think we have enough of our own heritage to make songs from... But then that's always the excuse when they start singing about the batlle of the Boyne, like it really matters.

Then of course the club get fined for it and its all across the sports pages.

It'd probably blow their minds that the Pope supported William III in all that.

Arnie

I can't believe you guys are actually going to watch pre-season football! I've made the mistake far too many times and can no longer bring myself to do it. I'll watch the highlights after the match but fuck the 90 minutes are so slow, low-intensity, and mundane. Used to never miss one but now I just save myself for opening day.

I have to.

I'm starving, I'll eat any scraps that come my way. Especially when there's the hint of a tasty meal in there.

Love watching training footage. Kolo just blocking shit like a gazelle, wee Joe Allen passing without looking, Sterling hurdling.

Tomorrow's gonna be top.

Labadal

I always watch pre-season games. I even went to LFC vs IFK Göteborg many years ago.

Clegg

United should sign Kondogbia.

I know nothing about him other than WhoScored rating him quite highly. He's clearly a must buy.

Arnie

Didn't know Brendan could do that. Amazing.

He's just been baptised by King Kenny.

United should sign Kondogbia.

I know nothing about him other than WhoScored rating him quite highly. He's clearly a must buy.
:lol

United should've bought Strootman. United should've bought Thiago.

But United loooooooool

Tingling with excitement for your first signing. Reckon it's going to be fucking cack.

It'd probably blow their minds that the Pope supported William III in all that.

Haha really? Its actually pretty weird though, it seems like every other garage door in the surrounding area has 1690 spraypainted on it. Do any other clubs outside the old firm really care this much about things that happened over 300 years ago? I suppose the republican movement and the IRA naturally brought back the tension in Glasgow between the two sets of Irish immigrants, but the way our football has been hijacked in the name of politics is crazy to me.

Az

Shahid Khan buying Fulham?? Fans should get excite, guy is a brain. Met him once and he's quite down to earth. Get things done type of guy.

Fergie

Banned
Shahid Khan buying Fulham?? Fans should get excite, guy is a brain. Met him once and he's quite down to earth. Get things done type of guy.
Well good thing he bought them during the transfer period, get shit done.

Is he going to remove that MJ statue?

kharma45

Haha really? Its actually pretty weird though, it seems like every other garage door in the surrounding area has 1690 spraypainted on it. Do any other clubs outside the old firm really care this much about things that happened over 300 years ago? I suppose the republican movement and the IRA naturally brought back the tension in Glasgow between the two sets of Irish immigrants, but the way our football has been hijacked in the name of politics is crazy to me.

Yeah the Pope at the time was against Louis XIV and since James II allied himself with Louis he was against him and for William III, and whom he continued to support. William is also interesting in a wider context as he, unlike James, accepted the supremacy of Parliament.

In regards to football, I would guess (I don't know for sure as I don't follow it) some of the clubs in the Irish Premier League probably have some chants or whatever but nothing on a scale of what happens in Glasgow.

These villains/bad guys/whatchamacallit from Luther S3 are proper creepy. What I imagine a love child of Wooden and Wilbs would look like.

Netflix has the first two series' now so I must finally give it a go.

Arnie

These villains/bad guys/whatchamacallit from Luther S3 are proper creepy. What I imagine a love child of Wooden and Wilbs would look like.

He looks like Walter White.

Speaking of a Wooden lovechild, I played a Danish kid at LBP Go Karting today. After I'd beaten him he stood up and shook my hand; suave motherfucker. Must've only been 8.

A ginger and acne'd? Must've been knee deep in pussy.
His skin was fine.

He's now dropped out of an engineering course because he got some girl pregnant.

Dazzler

Did Moyes just bring his book of Everton summer transfer targets to United with him?

Guy is shopping at a consignment store when he's got a Rodeo Drive budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom