• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero

But do you think Constant is good enough to be our permanent LB? That is the real question.

Maybe this is what Gold Tie meant when he said he was counting on Didac. :lol

Imagine Didac getting a proper chance. De Sciglio to the right with Zaccardo as backup (why the hell did we sign him?) and Constant and Didac duking it out to the left. Would be great.

Meier

Candreva was a good deputy at RM for Maggio in my FUT squad this year. Ditched him though when I got that TOTY guy.. Czech player if I recall.

If its the same guy I'm thinking of, he was my MOTM against Spain at the Confeds. Even did the chip pen against Casillas.

The thing you quoted was literally him doing the panenka against Casillas. :lol

Salvadora

gun__1373533891_arsenal_batik1.jpg

Man, these miss outs!
Ronaldihno at Man Utd, C. Ronaldo at Juventus, Ibracadabra at Arsenal, D. Alves at Liverpool.

:O

Ronaldo's mother had met with Wenger at one point also, and Man Utd had scouted a young Thierry Henry but was too "raw". In truth, most big European clubs are aware of emerging talent

MPW

"Real Madrid has paid the amount of 32.19 million Real acquisition by the federal rights of Illarramendi . This operation, as all transfers of players between clubs Spanish, is subject to current VAT of 21%, which means no cost to the Madrid, as this amount is deductible VAT settlements club. "

so madrid paid 32m ... still Illarramendi costing more than isco :O

Meier

"Real Madrid has paid the amount of 32.19 million Real acquisition by the federal rights of Illarramendi . This operation, as all transfers of players between clubs Spanish, is subject to current VAT of 21%, which means no cost to the Madrid, as this amount is deductible VAT settlements club. "

so madrid paid 32m ... still Illarramendi costing more than isco :O

His transfer fee was still ~€39m even if Madrid did or did not fuck over the Spanish people by not paying the tax part.

Imagine Didac getting a proper chance. De Sciglio to the right with Zaccardo as backup (why the hell did we sign him?) and Constant and Didac duking it out to the left. Would be great.

I guess you're right. I just really don't want to have to settle for seeing Antonini every week again. I hope Monaco signs him (lol). And maybe Constant will be better and more disciplined after training all summer as a defender.

I don't understand what the deal with Didac is, on paper he should be very good. Was a staple in Espanyol and played for Spain U21s, yet he never played a game for us. What a strange signing.

flippedb

Banned
I guess you're right. I just really don't want to have to settle for seeing Antonini every week again. I hope Monaco signs him (lol). And maybe Constant will be better and more disciplined after training all summer as a defender.

I don't understand what the deal with Didac is, on paper he should be very good. Was a staple in Espanyol and played for Spain U21s, yet he never played a game for us. What a strange signing.
Salamon seems strong too, and I've only seen him in pictures.

Peco

Just played a full game with my lunch. Very good, will do a proper write up tonight. It was Adam, had a good chat with him, think he's a decent fella. He gave me his card and told me to email him pre-release. Haha he asked whereabouts up north I was from because he heard the accent. He said he was from Manchester, I asked him who he supported (I'd just been shitting on United talking about how I now love Bayern) and he said he supported AC Milan.

Wtf. How does that happen. I played it cool and talked about Poli.

Currently guarding the door to mark cerny's little interview room. Sipping ribena.

Nice.
Who the fuck is Adam tho?

I only saw him play for us just once, against Udinese in the final game of the 11/12 season iirc. He looked like someone with great potential too despite his young age at the time.

Salazar

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt
Le Parisien reveals bizarre details of #Blanc #PSG 2-yr contract which does little to dispel idea that club want #Wenger #AFC in 2014

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt
#Blanc #PSG contract for 13-14 heavily top-loaded, small basic salary of €420k annual, plus €1.1m 'bonus' payments due every quarter

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt
Performance bonuses also in Blanc contract - €200k for Ligue 1, €500k for UCL - but for ssn 14-15, no 1/4ly bonuses. Just the small basic

This is some Venkys type shit, Timurid.

Candreva looks like he would be a baller Anderson replacement. But merely upgrading Ando isn't our mission.

I've given up hope of us dominating any midfield battle in Europe. At the stage, I just want reliable numbers in midfield to backup Carrick, whether it's Fellaini or McCarthy or Kongdobia, and Moyes to bully and shout our attacking players into lightning condition.

qindarka

Banned
he was. seems chelsea dont need him lol. mourinho's first casualty!

Of course we don't need him at the moment. He hasn't really been all that impressive in his time here and is coming off a terrible injury. A season of regular playing time at Valencia would do him good.

Lightning

Banned
This is some Venkys type shit, Timurid.
Their chances of getting Wenger are slim with Wenger but it's possiblw I suspose and there will likely be options aplenty after the world cup that played part.

Could also be PSG just got that desperate after they were rejected by literally everyone else.

jtb

Banned
PSG is smart with that contract. I bet we're going to see more ridiculously wealthy clubs structuring their contracts like that (especially with 2nd or 3rd choice managers) to minimize the compensation when they're inevitably replaced. Don't think Wenger's going to PSG either; all signs pointing towards him signing a new contract before the end of the summer.

dc89

Just found an old photograph.

iZO5t8R.jpg

Me and tc at my uncles wedding when we were little. The two girls are some distant members of our family, got quite a big family on my dads side.

Kevin Keegan!!! But why did my parents put us both in green?! Insanity.

And now, I've not spewed up on myself, it's a stain on the photo :(

dc89

Pablo Zabaleta said:
"Serie A is a major championship in which I'd like to play one day," he told Sportitalia.

"Juventus, Inter and AC Milan are important clubs but I think Fiorentina are a very interesting team.

"I don't know why but I have always liked Fiorentina since [Gabriel] Batistuta played there."

NOOOOOO!! Tevez, shut your potty mouth right now. He is not going to play in the league of cheats.

rodvik

Just found an old photograph.

iZO5t8R.jpg

Me and tc at my uncles wedding when we were little. The two girls are some distant members of our family, got quite a big family on my dads side.

Kevin Keegan!!! But why did my parents put us both in green?! Insanity.

And now, I've not spewed up on myself, it's a stain on the photo :(

Nice! Keegan is such a great bloke.

confuziz

Banned
After buying Schaars and Arias, our XI is starting to look like something that isn't completely awful:

Zoet
Arias - Rekik - Bruma - Willems
Schaars
Wijnaldum - Maher
Narsingh (injured now) - Locadia/Matavz - Depay/Bakkali.

We are never going to get past the 3rd qualification CL round :lol.

Tc91

It is not even 10am and I'm already being turned to toast.

Gonna be fucking roasting today apparently, I'm going to the national Ferrari concours tomorrow it's always around this time of year. Last year I got sun burnt to fuck.

Sun cream is at the ready this time.

Wes

venison crêpe
Gonna be fucking roasting today apparently, I'm going to the national Ferrari concours tomorrow it's always around this time of year. Last year I got sun burnt to fuck.

Sun cream is at the ready this time.

I was watching the late night BBC weather on the news channel and the weatherman, who is obviously new and made to do the overnight slot, was practically laughing with manaical glee about how hot it was going to be.

I would hate to be at wireless festival.

GorillaJu

Damn are you serious? I'm used to 35, sometimes almost 40+ degree weather back home. Here in Japan it doesn't seem to go over 33 or 34, but the humidity is suffocating.

You guys can't even handle 28, 29 degrees?

Wes

venison crêpe
If it gets close to 30, a bunch of English futbolgaffers seem to wet themselves.

If only. Any wetness is likely to evaorate on contact with the air in this heat.

Oh what a surprise, people used to this temperature can handle it better. Go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom