• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Gran Turismo moment.

j5nDKWO.jpg

Hitcher I can't find your new times. Where did you do better?

Wilbur

Banned
Don't forget Lukaku the hattrick beast and De Bruyne returning.

Enjoy Osman.

Lukaku scored a hat trick against a United side keeled over in grief and despair, soon to be rejuvenated by an injection of copper haired courage.

De Bruyne did well in the Bundeslolga, it's like celebrating the fact Pulga's mother gave you a slow fuck; hollow, easy to accomplish and everything you've produced is meaningless because you never come first.

Of course it does. No way they paid 71mil just for him, footballfan will probably claim otherwise though.

Man you're off the ball recently

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like we are very close to signing Nacer Chadli from Twente. We're offering €7m, they want €9m, but Dutch media expect it to happen.

Would be another good signing, like Paulinho he's a strong all round player and would allow us a lot more flexibility to move Bale around the forward line. He has scored a lot of goals for Twente (scored two against us in our CL season) and I can see us playing Bale on the right in those big games where we want all 3 bruisers in central midfield, dropping Lennon to the bench.

GorillaJu

72m pounds sounds really fucking expensive. That's almost as much as what they paid for Ronaldo. If you change that to Euros its actually 83m. Fucking insanity for an overdeveloped fetus.

FootballFan

Yeah.

United Pre-season game.

Dat Januzaj hold-up play.

Want to see:

----- Lindergaaard -----

Rafa - Rio - Keane - Fabio

---- Carrick -- Clevs ------

Zaha --- Januzaj --- Lingaard

---------- Welbeck ----------

In how many hours is kick off? Dat hold up play.

FootballFan

^cool, will watch if januzaj starts. :p

72m pounds sounds really fucking expensive. That's almost as much as what they paid for Ronaldo. If you change that to Euros its actually 83m. Fucking insanity for an overdeveloped fetus.

Never thought about it that way, good point. That is insane..

qindarka

Banned

It's nowhere near as much as Ronaldo. Ronaldo's cost would be well above 150 million if you include wages which we are selectively doing for Illaramendi.

No idea if its supposed to be euros or pounds, FootballFan quoted a post saying it was in euro and converted it into pounds.

By the way, FootballFan, I believe and hope you are trolling, but even if so, the excessive fanboyishness is really, really annoying.

dc89

What happened last year, I don't get why Serie A is suddenly attractive again?

Maybe they're looking for playing time and it's not that hard to break into teams here.

He's first choice RB at the three times Champions of England. What more does he want?

I think it's three times.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think those Madrid shirts are the worst I've ever seen, just because of the font. It's embarrassing that they will be wearing those, they look so amateurish.

Preston North End vs. Liverpool today. In honour of Bill Shankly - legendary player at Preston, legendary manager at Liverpool. Liverpool fans will be sat in the Bill Shankly Kop, which is quite fitting. Looks to be almost stadium sellout at 23,000.

It's on ESPN if anyone wants to watch.

dc89

Preston North End vs. Liverpool today. In honour of Bill Shankly - legendary player at Preston, legendary manager at Liverpool. Liverpool fans will be sat in the Bill Shankly Kop, which is quite fitting. Looks to be almost stadium sellout at 23,000.

It's on ESPN if anyone wants to watch.

First time Deepdale is full in...erm...since I can remember. Probably since a game against Blackpool.

Seems like the humidity is pretty high in England though as well, that's always going to feel unbearable even if the temperature itself is not that hot.

It's also worth bearing in mind that England isn't really equipped to deal with that kind of heat, there aren't air conditioners everywhere because most of the time they aren't necessary. Being able to get out of adverse weather conditions can have a big effect on how bad it feels.

Reminds me of when I first moved to Shanghai. Came in March from some remote northern city where it was -30 Celsius for about 5 straight months, yet Shanghai felt just as cold to me because none of the buildings had adequate heating so you were always a little cold.
This is basically it.

Also in most homes the furnishing are such that heat will have a bigger impact.

Even so I'm surprised these guys are finding this heat so tough to deal with. Last few years we've had summers where the temp goes well into the 30's. It's hot but its quite bearable, IMO.

Now...fasting today in this weather may prove to be difficult, so I might take the above back fairly soon :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta on Vidal:"His contract won't be a problem, and neither will it be in the future. The deal will be very easy to reach. We want to continue with him, we are not interested in the offers from other clubs"

Vidal (again it seems)

"I'm happy with my club's strong stance (on not selling me). I'm happy here, I feel at home, I don't want to leave"

tumblr_inline_mld9saICY11qz4rgp.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its time i moved from virgin broadband, shitty unreliable speeds (20 down 2 up), constant downtime (4 times for 6 hours min a day last 2 weeks) and if anyone is downloading you can barely load webpages.

You guys got any recommendations for what to go to? Living in South England

Its time i moved from virgin broadband, shitty unreliable speeds (20 down 2 up), constant downtime (4 times for 6 hours min a day last 2 weeks) and if anyone is downloading you can barely load webpages.

Might as well go BT for the free (I think) BTSport package

Fergie

Banned

I would say BT or Sky fibre but not exactly sure if they cover there.

Virgin are shite, can't wait till I finish my contract. BT Infinity 2 straight up.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Might as well go BT for the free (I think) BTSport package

Ive been thinking it but I have had nothing but bad experiences with BT, also im not sure what is happening with my Virgin media box and BT, they owe me ESPN as part of our agreement.

Should never have switched from sky :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom