• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Gonna be fucking roasting today apparently, I'm going to the national Ferrari concours tomorrow it's always around this time of year. Last year I got sun burnt to fuck.

Sun cream is at the ready this time.

Holy shit. You had the worse burn I've actually ever seen!

Don't do it again.

Tc91

Google weather is showing 28 here, chance of storm which I don't believe :lol Humidity is at 60%! And no wind at all.

You have to remember we aren't used to this weather so anything like this and we just shrivel up and die.

Arnie

I think that Wireless festival is in walking distance from me, or at least a short bus. It's like £35 for the day, though. Meant to be meeting some friends at 12 and having a few beers in Hyde Park. Might have to miss the pre-season kickoff and catch up tonight.

sohois

Seems like the humidity is pretty high in England though as well, that's always going to feel unbearable even if the temperature itself is not that hot.

It's also worth bearing in mind that England isn't really equipped to deal with that kind of heat, there aren't air conditioners everywhere because most of the time they aren't necessary. Being able to get out of adverse weather conditions can have a big effect on how bad it feels.

Reminds me of when I first moved to Shanghai. Came in March from some remote northern city where it was -30 Celsius for about 5 straight months, yet Shanghai felt just as cold to me because none of the buildings had adequate heating so you were always a little cold.

Oxx

It's just the English impulse to go out in the sun rather than shelter from it.

Probably because not many homes are air conditioned.

/Written from outside a cafe.

GorillaJu

Seems like the humidity is pretty high in England though as well, that's always going to feel unbearable even if the temperature itself is not that hot.

It's also worth bearing in mind that England isn't really equipped to deal with that kind of heat, there aren't air conditioners everywhere because most of the time they aren't necessary. Being able to get out of adverse weather conditions can have a big effect on how bad it feels.

Reminds me of when I first moved to Shanghai. Came in March from some remote northern city where it was -30 Celsius for about 5 straight months, yet Shanghai felt just as cold to me because none of the buildings had adequate heating so you were always a little cold.

That's a good point. When you're in hot climates, everywhere you go is air conditioned.

I prefer to acclimate myself to the weather, so I try to go 6-8 hours a day with no A/C. I don't mind getting used to the heat, but I need it for a couple hours before bed so I can fall asleep. I'm never able to get any rest when I'm sweating.

Clegg

Toughen up.
I'm already getting ready for next season.

--------------------De Gea

Rafael-----Rio------Vidic------Garay-----Evra

---------------------Jones

----------Carrick---------Cleverley

-------------------Rooney

----------------------Rvp

Salazar

---------------DeGOD
Raf--------Rio------Vidic---Baines
---------Carrick-----Marchisio
----------------Shinji
Lamela--------RVP------ZahALLAH

Arnie

---------------DeGOD
Raf--------Rio------Vidic---Baines
---------Carrick-----Marchisio
----------------Shinji
Lamela--------RVP------ZahALLAH

That's not 4-4-2.

Wilbur

Banned
Cleff stop cleffing. Keep the faith. Look at our main rivals.

City have spent 35 million on someone who does the same job as Yaya Toure, and 15 million on a homesick Scott Sinclair with nice eyes

Chelsea have signed a Dutch midfielder who is more interested in looking like Joey Essex than playing football and a German that hasn't won anything and they don't even need.

Arsenal lol

Spurs have signed a Sandro like who will inevitably get injured and their striking options remain a midget and a shit cunt

Liverpool have signed a bunch of players who can't stand up straight

We have Adnan

Don't fret

GorillaJu

So Alderweireld has rejected Norwich?

I'm sure I'm dc on this but I also saw that the 13-14 kit most popular print is Coutinho. Crazy how in such a short time, one can become so incredibly popular so as to overtake Gerrard and Suarez like that.

Isla to Inter? Take him for €5-6m. He's fast and nothing else.

Candreva to United would be good for both. But he probably won't get any playing time so why bother?

Arnie

I'm sure I'm dc on this but I also saw that the 13-14 kit most popular print is Coutinho. Crazy how in such a short time, one can become so incredibly popular so as to overtake Gerrard and Suarez like that.

ipxB5IzZWC2a3.gif

tumblr_mm411yPWns1ruzhcvo8_250.gif

dc89

KagGod is back where he belongs. At Dortmund.

K1LLER7

Moyes is addicted to defenders.

He's like the opposite of Fergie.

-----

Ordered Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

Can't wait till Monday :D

Cleff stop cleffing. Keep the faith. Look at our main rivals.

City have spent 35 million on someone who does the same job as Yaya Toure, and 15 million on a homesick Scott Sinclair with nice eyes

Chelsea have signed a Dutch midfielder who is more interested in looking like Joey Essex than playing football and a German that hasn't won anything and they don't even need.

Arsenal lol

Spurs have signed a Sandro like who will inevitably get injured and their striking options remain a midget and a shit cunt

We have Adnan

Don't fret

Joey Essex?! I had him down as a Justin Bieber look alike though… I do like this post though, Scott Sinclair with nice eyes haha.

I do find the situation with Man United's transfers a little strange though, I mean they're obviously working on things but don't seem to be getting their main targets? Wouldn't be surprised if they turned to Fellaini sooner or later. Need to bin off Evra asap.

The more I think about Rooney… the more I think if we don't sign anyone else and we get him at a good price that I would quite like it. (Good price being about £20m, maybe £25m). He's English, Mou likes him, the only reason I have my reservations is because I don't want him to be another Torres and i'd rather we put the money into someone younger.

Wilbur

Banned
Joey Essex?! I had him down as a Justin Bieber look alike though… I do like this post though, Scott Sinclair with nice eyes haha.

I do find the situation with Man United's transfers a little strange though, I mean they're obviously working on things but don't seem to be getting their main targets? Wouldn't be surprised if they turned to Fellaini sooner or later. Need to bin off Evra asap.

The more I think about Rooney… the more I think if we don't sign anyone else and we get him at a good price that I would quite like it. (Good price being about £20m, maybe £25m). He's English, Mou likes him, the only reason I have my reservations is because I don't want him to be another Torres and i'd rather we put the money into someone younger.

To be honest I can't even fucking remember what van Ginkel looks like :lol, just that he has pretty hair.

We never get our main targets. We don't really fuck about with agents and shady things so inevitably in this modern day iteration of the transfer market we miss out. There's exceptions, like Thiago picking Pep and us bending over to get royally analled by Mendes, but by and large we don't really want to play the game that is necessary nowadays. Still think we'll move for Fellaini and I'll be happy to get him. Would like one more midfielder after though.

And on the subject of Rooney... I think it's a moot point because unless he puts in a transfer request he isn't going, and I certainly don't see him going to another English club, especially for under 35-40m or so. He might just need a change of scenery to start firing again and if that is the case I'd rather it was across the fucking channel :lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ogbonnator looks miserable
KuGsj.gif

NOOOOOO!! Tevez, shut your potty mouth right now. He is not going to play in the league of cheats.
What happened last year, I don't get why Serie A is suddenly attractive again?

Maybe they're looking for playing time and it's not that hard to break into teams here.
Seriously every New OT and my name is taken off the Liverpool supporters list
PM Sleepless! It's no big deal anyway, we have too many posters not listed. :p
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Or, as my (German, mental) football coach at high school put it: 1-4-4-2.
I remember Rafa saying something like this not that long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom