• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
Ive been thinking it but I have had nothing but bad experiences with BT, also im not sure what is happening with my Virgin media box and BT, they owe me ESPN as part of our agreement.

Should never have switched from sky :(
BT have gotten better in recent years. They don't throttle anymore I heard.

Hixx

"Marotta:"We will only sell for adequate offers like with Giaccherini. He was the one who told us he wanted Sunderland adventure"

Everyone wants to play for Sunderland.

Seriously man... replacing Bardsley with Peruzzi and McClean with Giaccherini... shit CRAY.

Ive been thinking it but I have had nothing but bad experiences with BT, also im not sure what is happening with my Virgin media box and BT, they owe me ESPN as part of our agreement.

Should never have switched from sky :(

BT has been fine for me. I have been getting 60 down 20 up constantly since I got it a couple of months ago and I am from the south too.

Suen

I think those Madrid shirts are the worst I've ever seen, just because of the font. It's embarrassing that they will be wearing those, they look so amateurish.
Good post, looks pretty shit. At least I'll have an excuse ready when we fail to win games.

32m for Illarramendi is still ridiculous.

Madrid were stupid to pay that much.
At least we signed someone.

It's Madrid, they don't give one flying f*ck about how stupid their decisinos are financially, we all know it and we all know it will happen countless of times in the future.

Salazar

Miguel Delaney is on holiday for a week. No transfer news from him. Not that he's given us much this window.

And he has been criminally underrating Ronnie on his twitter. Just garbage.

Wilbur

Banned
"Marotta:"We will only sell for adequate offers like with Giaccherini. He was the one who told us he wanted Sunderland adventure"

Seriously man... replacing Bardsley with Peruzzi and McClean with Giaccherini... shit CRAY.

Is Peruzzi supposed to be good, or just not Bardsley so you're excited loool

Giak is awesome though

Man Utd are probably the only team I've never wanted to win, thinking about it :p

It'll come. You can't resist Moyeezus for a lifetime.

Bumhead

Banned
We've signed Jeremy Helan from City on a permament deal, four-year contract.

Excited by that. Showed flashes of utter brilliance on loan last year. The consistency will come with experience, the lad is only 20.

We must have one of the fastest attacking lines in the football league at the moment. I love it. If we can bring Lita in I'll be dead happy.

Clegg

Miguel Delaney is on holiday for a week. No transfer news from him. Not that he's given us much this window.

And he has been criminally underrating Ronnie on his twitter. Just garbage.
Tbf he's been pretty spot on about our interest in Baines.

Hixx

Is Peruzzi supposed to be good, or just not Bardsley so you're excited loool

Giak is awesome though

It'll come. You can't resist Moyeezus for a lifetime.

Inter wanted Peruzzi to replace Zanetti on his recommendation. He became quite famous in South America for bossing Neymar in their equivalent of the Champions League. Pretty much every journalist who has been asked is astonished we are getting him and that we are only paying $5m.

Also he is brilliant on FM and that is what really matters.

Zabojnik

Hopefully Di Canio won't go overboard with italian players though. Hate it when a foreign manager does that to a club, brings in 'his' people.
Please take De Ceglie, Quaglia, Matri, Padoin and Peluso.

Wilbur

Banned
Aye. But he talks about Ron being stepovers + acceleration.

Which is a bit of a Jamie Redknapp perspective. There was always more technique at work than that.

Oh well he's wrong there lol. He's Irish innneeee? Just getting uppity over comparisons to Best I suppose

Inter wanted Peruzzi to replace Zanetti on his recommendation. He became quite famous in South America for bossing Neymar in their equivalent of the Champions League. Pretty much every journalist who has been asked is astonished we are getting him and that we are only paying $5m.

Also he is brilliant on FM and that is what really matters.

ofc

So Peruzzi-Diakite-O'Shea-?

Who else have you bought, I can't remember apart from Altidore

Wilbur

Banned
Its not that far off.

Don't be a sour shaft kisser for five minutes baby.

It's true that Crissy's game is primarily based on speed and power, but fuck if technique, intelligence, decision making, placement and speed of thought aren't key parts of the Ronaldo game as well

Hixx

Hopefully Di Canio won't go overboard with italian players though. Hate it when a foreign manager does that to a club, brings in 'his' people.
Please take De Ceglie, Quaglia, Matri, Padoin and Peluso.

Giaccherini is the only Italian we have signed.

Oh well he's wrong there lol. He's Irish innneeee? Just getting uppity over comparisons to Best I suppose

ofc

So Peruzzi-Diakite-O'Shea-?

Who else have you bought, I can't remember apart from Altidore

We have been linked with Oczipka from Frankfurt today for the left back position. Guess we aren't too fond of dealing with Levy for Rose.

We have signed a couple of young wingers (Mavrias is quite highly rated but he's only 18 I think), Cabral from Basel (presume to replace Cattermole). Still linked with Huddlestone and we will want a new striker when Ji leaves.

So we still need a left back and a central midfielder or out and out left winger if we play Giac in the middle. Then I'll be very happy.

Its time i moved from virgin broadband, shitty unreliable speeds (20 down 2 up), constant downtime (4 times for 6 hours min a day last 2 weeks) and if anyone is downloading you can barely load webpages.

You guys got any recommendations for what to go to? Living in South England

Virgin have been pretty good for me and I live in the same region as you. I pay £15 a month for 30mb broadband.

I think its gone down once in the 4 months I've been with them.

kharma45

I'm getting out of here when I get the first chance and never looking back.

I'm sorry.

Grass is always greener etc.

We have it not too bad here. Everywhere has its shitholes, we just happen to focus too much on ours here. Belfast is a pretty good place to live, one of the safest in the UK and one of the lowest costs of living.

faridmon

Anyone else watched Pacific Rim? I thought it was bad. The fights were bloody amazing, but that is only a third of the movie, but everything was really bad. The writing, the character, the story and the ''romance''

Why do I keep listening to GAF hypes?

FootballFan

Don't be a sour shaft kisser for five minutes baby.

It's true that Crissy's game is primarily based on speed and power, but fuck if technique, intelligence, decision making, placement and speed of thought aren't key parts of the Ronaldo game as well

No doubt, but athleticism is his biggest strength next to shooting imo, from jumping to speed to strength. Messi/iniesta/pirlo etc don't really depend on those things half as much.

Not saying he isn't talented lol, only a crazy person would say that. It's just that those attributes are more important to him than other players.

Ronaldo as fast as higuain for example or as small as messi would be much worse than he is now.

Or am I just being a hater here?

Pachimari

I honestly think we have the most beautiful shirt and font of any club next season. I didn't think so last season, that was close to horrendous but I have always wanted the comic-sans font.

Slizz

Anyone else watched Pacific Rim? I thought it was bad. The fights were bloody amazing, but that is only a third of the movie, but everything was really bad. The writing, the character, the story and the ''romance''

Romance? What romance?

Thought it was fun for exactly what it was.

Suen

Haven't seen it but...isn't this what you usually expect from movies like that? Amazing fights, shit story and characters? It's like watching Rambo for the story, no one does that.

Salazar

I've got more dopamine from getting some old jackets tailored than from transfers this time around.

Shit can't last.

We are gonna announce something soon.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma fans are the fucking worst. They throw rocks at their own bus, jeer their own players, even in training sessions ffs. Nothing good can come of this.

No one in his right mind would reject a move away from Roma.

Wilbur

Banned
After you all watch the George Best one, watch this one - http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...top_uri=/watch?v=cYrWxb7UMVo&feature=youtu.be

Lambda looool flaming Moyes <333

No doubt, but athleticism is his biggest strength next to shooting imo, from jumping to speed to strength. Messi/iniesta/pirlo etc don't really depend on those things half as much.

Not saying he isn't talented lol, only a crazy person would say that. It's just that those attributes are more important to him than other players.

Ronaldo as fast as higuain for example or as small as messi would be much worse than he is now.

Or am I just being a hater here?

No I agree with you, but I think the fact he is so strong and fast underrates how talented he is technically and on the mental side of things which is just as important really. He isn't as naturally talented as Messi but he's still exceptionally talented. It's just that he's also a top physical specimen.

He's not the best player ever but I can't think of many so complete. Strong in the air, great with both feet, quick as lightning, good from set pieces both taking and on the end of... me love ronny

Suen

Roma fans are the fucking worst. They throw rocks at their own bus, jeer their own players, even in training sessions ffs. Nothing good can come of this.

But what happens if the only choice you have is to move from Roma to Lazio?

Totally agree, they are really fucked up.

Someone (Milan) should rescue my comrade Bradley before the psycho fans inevitably turn on him too.

faridmon

Haven't seen it but...isn't this what you usually expect from movies like that? Amazing fights, shit story and characters? It's like watching Rambo for the story, no one does that.

Yeah, but I have expected the fights to take bigger slice of the pie. Sitting through a remarkably rubbish disposition just to see when the next fight takes place was a pain.

And Rambo had good story dammit!

Romance? What romance?

Thought it was fun for exactly what it was.

No, ''Romance''. When my waifu was tearing up (or almost tearing up) every time she sees that turd of a man.
''When you get there you will see all of memory, do repel it. Embrace it'' Man that got me all cringed up.

etOfXQP.jpg

That's an awesome picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom