• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is hot and cute. Dumb but cue.

She's a lot smarter than most, she uses her weapons wisely. She's not hot nor cute. The fake boobs are a bad bearer of entry as well, I don't like to be lied to.

We'll win the treble with one of him.

Football would be dead if we had 2.

I hope Moyssiah treats him well.

Why, Sleepless?

I wish there was a way of knowing if Nigrito has it :p

Who's Nigrito? I am failing to understand this poor pun/joke.

This is what winds me up about the Foetus' we have in football these days. City paid £1m for 15 year old Joan Roman. Then he leaves to Barca on a free. :/

I quite like the way Ince left us, aside from all the media shite, which I imagine was encouraged by his fuckwit of a father.

We knew he'd leave if he wasn't in the first team, we were unwilling to pay him the wages if a first teamer, and we sold him before he could run his contract down. Obviously we sold him for a relative pittance, but we inserted a big sell-on clause into the contract.

So if he moves for a substantial fee, it will have worked out well for Ince, ourselves, Blackpool, and his new club

Lightning

Banned
What do you think of Arsenal going into next season with two fit CBs (not counting Miguel)?

Vermaelen is rumoured to be out for three months.
Obviously don't like that but having Vermaelen on the field the way he played last season was a fuck up waiting to happen anyway. Just check the Spurs must win game where he was responsible for both goals.

By rumours Higuain should be an Arsenal player already, Jovetic should be an Arsenal player already, Julio Cesar should be an Arsenal player already and the list goes on. Fuck that... I'll just wait and see.

faridmon

She's a lot smarter than most, she uses her weapons wisely. She's not hot nor cute. The fake boobs are a bad bearer of entry as well, I don't like to be lied to.

She looks billion fake girls in mayfair who are too dumb but use their body to get anything. Smart in a way, but couldn't have decent conversation. Probably sleeps around too much.

L1NETT

Just on the Mumford discussion, they are a good example of a particularly bland and repetitive band. Would bung The Lumineers in there with them

Wes you at T? Jealous. Did you see Frightened Rabbit and Twin Atlantic? So fucking good.

Watching Calvin Harris at T in the Park and he is so bland for a producer it is unbelievable. I still like the occasional release of his but this live show is dull as hell, but this young crowd are gorging on it.

Makes me appreciate the better live DJs at the likes of WMC and the ASOT tours much more.

Shhhh.

I kind of agree though, I like a lot of his stuff but some of it is clearly just him thinking "Ok... A song that'll get plenty airtime on the radio, fairly catchy... Has some up and coming female singer". An hour later: "That'll do".

Did you see Frightened Rabbit and Twin Atlantic? So fucking good.

<3 u.

Clegg

Ed Woodward: “I’m not surprised clubs like #CFC & #AFC want Wayne Rooney, he’s a top player but he's not for sale" (Mirror)

There you go.

She looks billion fake girls in mayfair who are too dumb but use their body to get anything. Smart in a way, but couldn't have decent conversation. Probably sleeps around too much.

I don't know how can you judge her like that just because of what she does, that's properly crazy.

Anyway, you're now on Hitcher's bad side. You're lost lad.

dc89

I quite like the way Ince left us, aside from all the media shite, which I imagine was encouraged by his fuckwit of a father.

We knew he'd leave if he wasn't in the first team, we were unwilling to pay him the wages if a first teamer, and we sold him before he could run his contract down. Obviously we sold him for a relative pittance, but we inserted a big sell-on clause into the contract.

So if he moves for a substantial fee, it will have worked out well for Ince, ourselves, Blackpool, and his new club

Yah, that's not bad. But City got nothing for Roman, who is a talent.

Sorry for my slow uptake, but It's just sunk in what Viva wrote. Last year of contract. Welp.

I should put this Kronenbourg down. ;/

Salvadora

I thought Arsenal agreed terms with Ashley Williams back in May? What happened there?
The papers reported that we were scared away by Swansea's £10m pricetag.

Some place have re ignited the fuse since Vermaelen's injury.
Obviously don't like that but having Vermaelen on the field the way he played last season was a fuck up waiting to happen anyway. Just check the Spurs must win game where he was responsible for both goals.

By rumours Higuain should be an Arsenal player already, Jovetic should be an Arsenal player already, Julio Cesar should be an Arsenal player already and the list goes on. Fuck that... I'll just wait and see.
I completely agree about Vermaelen being a disaster waiting to happen.

However, an injury to the BFG or Bosscielny is a much bigger problem in the short term. I'd much rather have Vermaelen on than a kid.
Ed Woodward: &#8220;I&#8217;m not surprised clubs like #CFC & #AFC want Wayne Rooney, he&#8217;s a top player but he's not for sale" (Mirror)

There you go.
That won't stop Chelsea.

Messi

Me too, I've got a passing interest in football so when they're all talking about it I like to post pictures of girls to stop them.

14016_Olivia_Wilde_Stephen_Danelian_Photo_Shooting_01_122_609lo.jpg

I set that up for an easy joke

Salvadora

But we'll only sell if we're offered silly money for him. Which might be what Woodward is trying to get them to do.

They pay up or he goes nowhere.

It would strengthen United's position if Rooney wanted to stay.

We managed to keep Cesc for another summer, you might be able to do the same. At best.

Lightning

Banned
I completely agree about Vermaelen being a disaster waiting to happen.

However, an injury to the BFG or Bosscielny is a much bigger problem in the short term. I'd much rather have Vermaelen on than a kid.
If all the deadwood were around I would agree with you but they are not. We've practically sold our entire bench almost. Players will be coming in and it depends on names not quantity. Relax.

We could just forget about Suarez/Higuain and go sign Remy. There you go, there's your striker!

Clegg

This is interesting:

David Moyes: “I’ve got to make sure we don’t concentrate on him. Manchester United isn’t about Wayne Rooney. Manchester United is about the team, the club.

“We are talking about him now and rightly so, but what I won’t allow is Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club and the team because that’s the heart of it.”

More from Woodward:

“We are not looking to change the way we do things – it’s been a successful formula.

“We want the manager to be investing. We are not in the business of delivering him players. That structure works for some, but not here at United.

“Take Robin van Persie. We went in hard for him even though he was 29. We have never had a policy that we won’t buy older more experienced players and that showed itself with Robin.

“We backed Sir Alex Ferguson – we will do the same with David Moyes.”
Might suggest that Nani is in a bit of trouble.

But what about Adnan, Woody? :(

And hopefully his pledge to back Moyes financially is not just a line to appease the fans.

Clegg

It would strengthen United's position if Rooney wanted to stay.

We managed to keep Cesc for another summer, you might be able to do the same. At best.

We could easily let him him run down his contract if we wanted to. By then he'd be 29 and I doubt Chelsea would be quite so keen on him.

And tbh I doubt we really want to keep him. If the right offer came from abroad then we'd sell him.

After all the Thiago stuff it would be hilarious if Barca took Yan-you-zay

Watching Calvin Harris at T in the Park and he is so bland for a producer it is unbelievable. I still like the occasional release of his but this live show is dull as hell, but this young crowd are gorging on it.

Makes me appreciate the better live DJs at the likes of WMC and the ASOT tours much more.

I saw Calvin Harris in Brighton. He was shit. And he stayed for what seemed like less than an hour.

Clegg

Don't be fuckin with me, Eddy.

Woodward: “Our No.1 priority right now is to try to develop our transfer plans in terms of players in – not those going out, or talking about new contracts."

Salvadora

If all the deadwood were around I would agree with you but they are not. We've practically sold our entire bench almost. Players will be coming in and it depends on names not quantity. Relax.

We could just forget about Suarez/Higuain and go sign Remy. There you go, there's your striker!

Wasn't Remy arrested for rape? :lol

We could easily let him him run down his contract if we wanted to. By then he'd be 29 and I doubt Chelsea would be quite so keen on him.

And tbh I doubt we really want to keep him. If the right offer came from abroad then we'd sell him.
Words are wind, Clegg.

I think Moyes and Woodward's comments are meant to avoid making United look weak. I'm apprehensive that there is a desire to keep Rooney at the club.

Zabojnik

Oh my fucking God.

You guys will not believe the stupidity of this...

I thought Adnan and Januzaj were two different players, because some people call him Adnan, and some call him Januzaj

Happens to the best of us. African superstar Tiote Cabaye ftw.

Some of the footy GAF bros say it's pronounced yan-oo-zai

We have to wait until he signs for Barca and tells us

Yan-oo-zai is correct.

Damn, City's kits are beautiful.

Clegg

Wasn't Remy arrested for rape? :lol

Words are wind, Clegg.

I think Moyes and Woodward's comments are meant to avoid making United look weak. I'm apprehensive that there is a desire to keep Rooney at the club.

Tbh I doubt you can afford him.

You've been haggling over £2m with Madrid for Higuain. We're not going to sell Rooney for less than £30m and he's on a considerably larger wage than Higuain.

Salazar

I think Moyes and Woodward's comments are meant to avoid making United look weak.

Well, largely because a rag media briefed by Stretford is adept at making it superficially appear as if Rooney has unilateral, contractually unanchored command of his career.

Daily bullshit about how he is "pushing for a move to Chelsea" and how Chelsea are going to "force our hand" and whatnot.

Clegg

Just to annoy Fry here are some more new Moyes quotes

&#8220;Isn&#8217;t it great that the club says, &#8216;There&#8217;s no budget here, you go get who you want to get, just go and do it&#8217;.

"We are looking at the best players. I do think it&#8217;s important that we show people we are carrying on the traditions and trying to take the club forward.&#8221;

&#8220;I think we are trying to strengthen in a couple of areas. We are short in midfield. We are also a club which tends to invest in the youth side, so you can expect us to go for players in that age group.

&#8220;We are working hard to make sure the first signing is the right one.

&#8220;I have been left a really good team and I want to add to it sensibly.&#8221;

He was asked about Ronaldo and Bale and just said that they're looking at top players to sign. The Sun have somehow translated this to mean that Moyes is going to sign the two of them at a cost of £150m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom