• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Suits doesn't glorify adultery but that's only because it has a very short memory (like all USA shows) and portrayed that whole mini-plotline pretty poorly, in general.

Mike is still a ridiculously unlikable guy that we're supposed to be rooting for. I eagerly await the day he is written off the show. Harvey is the show.
Louis is the show, jtb.

#TeamLannister.

Wes

venison crêpe
What the jolly hell has happened to Kay Murray

BPF3FftCQAAH4V6.jpg:large

She's got some Wildehead going on there..

Wes

venison crêpe
I know I'm in the right here because when I checked in earlier some of you seemed to be praising Tulisa.

DAVID MOYES has been told he can spend as much as he likes.

The new Manchester United boss has targeted both Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo — even though they would cost over £75million EACH.

Moyes declared: “Isn’t it great that the club says, ‘There’s no budget here, you go get who you want to get, just go and do it’.
"We are looking at the best players. I do think it’s important that we show people we are carrying on the traditions and trying to take the club forward.”

United’s current record fee is the £30.75m they paid Tottenham for Dimitar Berbatov in 2007.

Spurs wing wizard Bale, 23, and Real Madrid superstar Ronaldo, 28, would cost way over double that, though.

Asked about Bale and Ronaldo, Moyes said: “I will not name anybody but certainly we are always looking at the best players.

“I think we are trying to strengthen in a couple of areas. We are short in midfield. We are also a club which tends to invest in the youth side, so you can expect us to go for players in that age group.

“We are working hard to make sure the first signing is the right one.
“I have been left a really good team and I want to add to it sensibly.”

United remain keen on Leighton Baines, one of Moyes’ stars at former club Everton.

But the Red Devils will not increase their £12m offer, meaning the England left-back will have to put in a transfer request if he wants a move.

Seems entirely plausible.

Randdalf

DAVID MOYES has been told he can spend as much as he likes.

But the Red Devils will not increase their £12m offer, meaning the England left-back will have to put in a transfer request if he wants a move.

Yup, as much as he likes.

K1LLER7

Spend as much as he likes........Doesn't want to pay 22-24m for Thiago. A player who is young and also plays in midfield where we are short of players.

Yup, as much as he likes.

Exactly. The bid for Baines has been confirmed by Everton and it's been pretty much confirmed that they're holding out for 18m, yet we don't have him.

He should have just kept his mouth shut. The excuses will start coming out when we don't sign top players with this unlimited budget of ours that doesn't exist.

Clegg

Moyes was taking the piss with his unlimited budget line.

Still probably shouldn't have said it though. Might have clubs trying to squeeze a little bit extra out of us when we try to sign one of their players.

Exactly. The bid for Baines has been confirmed by Everton and it's been pretty much confirmed that they're holding out for 18m, yet we don't have him.

He should have just kept his mouth shut. The excuses will start coming out when we don't sign top players with this unlimited budget of ours that doesn't exist.

If you think we should pay £18 million for Baines just to prove a point then you're fucking certifiable. If it's true that we won't go over £12 million for him then it's to Moyes's credit.

Fry

Two of the worst bands known to mankind.

why.jpg

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

K1LLER7

Don't know why it is, but whenever I read Moyes' quotes, it just seems that even he can't believe he's the manager of Man United.

If you think we should pay £18 million for Baines just to prove a point then you're fucking certifiable. If it's true that we won't go over £12 million for him then it's to Moyes's credit.

Moyes doesn't exactly rate him highly if he's not willing to spend over 12m on him. I don't want Baines, I'm only pointing out that not signing him contradicts what Moyes said:

“Isn’t it great that the club says, ‘There’s no budget here, you go get who you want to get, just go and do it’."

Moyes doesn't exactly rate him highly if he's not willing to spend over 12m on him. I don't want Baines, I'm only pointing out that not signing him contradicts what Moyes said:

“Isn’t it great that the club says, ‘There’s no budget here, you go get who you want to get, just go and do it’."

You've got an unlimited budget, why should it matter?

Likewise, if you're taking his 'no budget' comment as literal then I honestly can't help you.

Clegg

Woodward in tomorrow's Times:

Asked if United would be willing to pay £60m, £70m or even more for a player, Woodward replied: “Yes. Absolutely.”

Part of me wants to BELIEVE.

The other part thinks he's trying to appease fans and sell some season tickets.

K1LLER7

To be fair it's pretty cut and dry.

Baines would markedly improve Manchester United. Haggling over a couple of million is uncouth.
I don't want us spending anything over 16m for him.

Evra, Fabio and Buttner are enough cover for LB.

Would rather we spend the money on a quality midfielder.

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ 4m
Moyes to Sunday People: “My thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him" #mufc

:lol trolled

The good thing about Evertron coming out and admitting that we've bid for Baines is that it almost certainly means that we haven't bid for Fellaini (or so I'd like to think).

The main reason for me wanting us to sign Baines is so I can keep saying that tackle was LATE ON Baines every time he gets fouled. Other than that, I don't really want him despite rating him quite highly. If, after sorting out the rest of the team, we have enough money for him, fine, buy him. He's definitely not a priority.

There's also the fact that he's Scouse.

Salvadora

I don't want us spending anything over 16m for him.

Evra, Fabio and Buttner are enough cover for LB.

Would rather we spend the money on a quality midfielder.
What's a couple of million to United in the grand scheme of things? Evra was suspect last season, again.

Acquiring Baines would not preclude a quality CM coming in, that needs to go away.
It's not an area that needs improving compared to our midfield or wings. It should be about priorities and identifying weaknesses.
United fans didn't think they needed another striker last summer, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom