• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ 4m
Moyes to Sunday People: “My thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him" #mufc

:lol trolled

I see Moyes is from the Rafael Benitez school of man management.

If Rooney is a £25m valued, £150k a week player, why would we keep him as RVP's reserve?

What's a couple of million to United in the grand scheme of things? Evra was suspect last season, again.

Acquiring Baines would not preclude a quality CM coming in, that needs to go away.

United fans didn't think they needed another striker last summer, either.

A striker can win you trophies. I'll stick my neck out and say an LB can't.

Kikarian

Woodward in tomorrow's Times:

Part of me wants to BELIEVE.

The other part thinks he's trying to appease fans and sell some season tickets.
How? We haven't got the funds of 60+ million for player with the debt still here.

I can't see it happening at all.
If we sell Rooney sure, we would be adding part of that to the debt and the other to the budget, which would allow us to be spending 60+ million on a player. But without selling anyone, it's just not feasible.

I wish Rooney was only on £150k a week.

He's probably earning close to double that.

I always said that Rooney and RVP were on £250k a week each but my mate managed to convince me they were on closer to £150k a week.

But yeah, I can't imagine us not looking to sell him if those quotes are true. Moyes is coming out with a lot of dodgy shit.

jtb

Banned
I see Moyes is from the Rafael Benitez school of man management.

If Rooney is a £25m valued, £150k a week player, why would we keep him as RVP's reserve?

because two good players are better than one? also RVP happens to be made of glass.

or he's just posturing because they want to have a strong bargaining position if they sell him. there's not much that can be read into a quote like that.

A striker can win you trophies. I'll stick my neck out and say an LB can't.

a bad one can put you out of the running though (which... would basically mean a good one... could win you trophies?). so I dunno if I agree with that.

depends on how you define "win" I suppose.

because two good players are better than one? also RVP happens to be made of glass.

or he's just posturing because they want to have a strong bargaining position if they sell him. there's not much that can be read into a quote like that.

a bad one can put you out of the running though (which... would basically mean a good one... could win you trophies?). so I dunno if I agree with that.

RVP played 96 games in the last 2 seasons.

You talk like Evra is the worst LB to ever grace football. He ain't the best but he won't cost you titles either.

Your defending last season was shambolic at times. You won't be winning any trophies if that continues.

Well we obviously will if we continue to beat everyone.

Kikarian

Your defending last season was shambolic at times. You won't be winning any trophies if that continues.
This cancels it's self out though. If we have a poor defence and great attackers, then we'll be letting goals in but also scoring a lot too. So we would be scoring more or equal to the other team in sense. :lol

jtb

Banned
RVP played 96 games in the last 2 seasons.

exactly, the longer he goes without an injury, the more likely it'll be that this is the season when he spends 3 months on the treatment table! RVP-dependency is just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and fuck over your entire season.

if only :'(

but injuries aside, RVP clearly wasn't in form through the entire season (probably because he was a bit burnt out during parts of the season)—I think it obviously makes sense to keep around another world class player to keep the goals flowing so you don't rely too much on any one player. that's smart management. the only question I think is: is Rooney that player?

edit: I wasn't really referring to Evra, I was more alluding to Santos heh

depends on how you define "win" I suppose.

RVP hasn't had a serious injury in what, 2-3 years? If we're looking at Rooney simply as RVP's backup, then he's not worth the wages that he's on and that money could be reinvested in a more suitable second/third choice striker on more reasonable wages.

Saying that Rooney is a back up isn't the best bargaining tactic I've seen.

exactly, the longer he goes without an injury, the more likely it'll be that this is the season when he spends 3 months on the treatment table! RVP-dependency is just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and fuck over your entire season.

but injuries aside, RVP clearly wasn't in form through the entire season (probably because he was a bit burnt out during parts of the season)—I think it obviously makes sense to keep around another world class player to keep the goals flowing so you don't rely too much on any one player. that's smart management. the only question I think is: is Rooney that player?

:lol

Touche in that case.

Pretty much anyone can be that player at United (except Welbeck). Hernandez is a more than capable steed for RVP. The issue Hernandez has is that our midfield and wingers are so crap that he feeds of scraps. That said, he still has the best goals to minutes ratio in the Premier League, I think.

Rooney on let's say £250k a week, shouldn't be that player.

Pretty much anyone can be that player at United (except Welbeck). Hernandez is a more than capable steed for RVP. The issue Hernandez has is that our midfield and wingers are so crap that he feeds of scraps. That said, he still has the best goals to minutes ratio in the Premier League, I think.

Rooney on let's say £250k a week, shouldn't be that player.

From the club's point of view (i.e. before tax) he's on about £300,000.

Kikarian

A younger Rooney was the perfect player for it. But with age, comes his desire to feed Van Persie, Hernandez etc through to score.

He said, as he get's older he can see himself as an attacking midfielder. :lol But to be fair, he plays well there.

Clegg

It's 2 in the morning and I'm getting tired. So that's probably the reason why this gif is fucking with my head.

LFzHm9e.gif

It's 2 in the morning and I'm getting tired. So that's probably the reason why this gif is fucking with my head.

http://i.imgur.com/LFzHm9e.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Awesome gif. Mannnn I can't wait to start working. Probably the only time in my life I will feel like this :lol

Also can we stop talking about United please. Too much. Can't take anymore.

Wilbur

Banned
It's too hot to sleep. I'm fucking pissed off because I have to go to work when it'll be even hotter, wear black and stand over a hot grill so I need the sleep to get through a 9 hour shift, but I can't get to sleep because it's too fucking hot.

Fry

It's too hot to sleep. I'm fucking pissed off because I have to go to work when it'll be even hotter, wear black and stand over a hot grill so I need the sleep to get through a 9 hour shift, but I can't get to sleep because it's too fucking hot.

How do people trust you handling their food:?!?!!

Mad, mad world

I was watching some of that Netflix prison drama today and yesterday. 5 episodes in there's already what I'd consider a filler episode. To be honest, there aren't really any strong plotlines. The meat of it seems to be character development through flashbacks. They've hinted at some stuff that could go down in the future, but I'm not sure I give a shit anymore if it involves lies coming back to bite people and affecting a relationship (which is something Breaking Bad handled really well).

Wilbur

Banned
Window is open. I just went out onto the landing to get some water, was lovely.

Come back into the bedroom. Sauna.

I fucking just

Let me sleep

Pls moyes

GorillaJu

Jennifer Lawrence is like tofu. She's unremarkable on her own but she soaks up her garnishes really well and looks really good with makeup.

This jives well for Gaf because the people here by and large can't tell when a woman is wearing make-up or not, and anything that isn't Vegas-back-alley whore levels is "natural beauty"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom