• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

1. Chelsea.
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester City.
4. Arsenal
5. Everton
6. Aston Villa.
7. Sunderland.
8. Norwich
9. Swansea
10. Tottenham
11. Newcastle
12. Southampton
13. West ham
14. West Brom
15. Man United
16 Hull
17. Cardiff

Fry

iU0eaAcQ4ACBY.gif

:lol

FootballFan

Lunchbox and Naughty God
Wooden and Bjaelke
Arnie and Qindarka
Pulga and FootballFan
Messi and Jeff
Elsk and humanity
Salazar and Kermit
Fry and Clegg

What is the best footyGAF double act

vote now

#packmas

Late but it has to be Messi - Jeff. I just find it hilarious for some reason. Fry and Clegg not far behind.

All those people you mentioned should strive to be more like Fady/Quiche.

quoted because of awesomness

Shaqiri is a legend in the making.

GorillaJu

vivalaraza said:
Lmao now he's combing his hair. This is surreal.

If Mkh has gone to Dortmund and Isco went Madrid, Thiago ain't coming.

Fucks sake.

vivalaraza said:
Originally Posted by LabouredSubterfuge:
That's some special ed. logic there Viva.
Things never work out that well.

City and Liverpool miss out on their two main targets and we get ours?

We just got Moyes, God won't bless us this soon again.

GQman2121

Banned
I don't think I like us being the outright favorites to win the league. I would love for us to make a CL push, but that may be stretching us a bit thin in Mou's first season back. I have know doubt he'll get his third with us eventually though.

Did everyone have us as the favorites in Ancelotti's first season?

GorillaJu

I don't think I like us being the outright favorites to win the league. I would love for us to make a CL push, but that may be stretching us a bit thin in Mou's first season back. I have know doubt he'll get his third with us eventually though.

FWIW you aren't favorites for me. It'll be Utd or City.

Dazzler

I feel like I'm falling into the RAWK/cliche Liverpool fan mentality, but I've got endless optimism for the upcoming season

Brenty settled in, team taking shape, more signings to come. Liverpool are gonna have a great season

pulga

Banned
Does anyone think it's a coincidence that Guardiola and Thiago left for Bayern shortly after a certain drug (I can't remember which one it was but I'm definitely not making this up) was banned in Spain. That drug is still legal in Germany.

Guardiola got banned from football for 4 months for failing a drugs test. It's one of the worst best kept secrets in football that he's still a drugs cheat. If you look into it, you'll realise that the great Barcelona team were/are a team of drug cheats run by the father of drug cheats, Pep Guardiola. Do you think it's a coincidence how all of their players just got really good after Frank Rijkaard left. Do you think it's a coincidence that Spain keep winning everything. Do you think it's a coincidence that Messi is a stupid little drugs cheat. Do you think it's a coincidence that Pique couldn't even get a game at United then became a first choice starter for Barcelona a few months later. Do you think it's a coincidence that everyone involved in doping knows that La Liga is full of drugs cheats.

There's so much information about this on the Internet. Look it up. I don't like the idea of Pep "confirmed drugs cheat, let's not even pretend it didn't happen. It's easy to win an appeal 8 years later when everyone has forgotten about it" Guardiola spreading all his drugs cheating around Europe. Do you think it's a coincidence that he plays the worst tactics in the world but due to his team being full of drugs cheats, they keep winning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...e-Patricia-Santamaria-to-cover-up-doping.html

If I do quit football, and it's looking very likely (I'll give it until midnight on the 1st of September), I'll only return to this thread when it's proven that Guardiola dopes his players, and I'll accept all your adulations with the utmost modesty.

The fact of the matter is that Guardiola is a convicted drugs cheat and Fuentes has worked with Barcelona.

image.php

Who is this guy and why is he so amazing

lololololololol

Seriously

I fucking love you

FootballFan

image.php

Who is this guy and why is he so amazing

lololololololol

Seriously

I fucking love you

Just another man utd supporter who hasn't built a bridge after pep denied Mr Ferguson 2 more cl trophies. :p

frustrated with moyes after 2 days and looking for answers/excuses. Can't handle his team potentially not being favourites now that saf isn't there

rodvik

FWIW you aren't favorites for me. It'll be Utd or City.

Me too, i'd favour city.

Not me, I think Chelsea are favourites, such a great midfield, it will be hard to beat.

My dark horse is Arsenal. Great manager who is settled, good squad and likely to strengthen further. Shame we play them on opening day :)

rodvik

1. Chelsea.
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester City.
4. Arsenal
5. Everton
6. Aston Villa.
7. Sunderland.
8. Norwich
9. Swansea
10. Tottenham
11. Newcastle
12. Southampton
13. West ham
14. West Brom
15. Man United
16 Hull
17. Cardiff

I approve. You are turning me into a Bayern lover :)

pulga

Banned
Where is spanish wrath? He was the og cool Madrista. Now we are stuck with Pulga.

You love me and you know it, you big bear of a man.

remember when I said you were a cunt over whatsapp?

<3

lol which one of the several times :mad:

Just another man utd supporter who hasn't built a bridge after pep denied Mr Ferguson 2 more cl trophies. :p

frustrated with moyes after 2 days and looking for answers/excuses. Can't handle his team potentially not being favourites now that saf isn't there

FF pls. He's spot on and you know it deep down.

Peco

Yeah, about drugs, I'm out of pot for the first time in like 8 months and my only dealer is gone for good.

WJ9Kf.gif

I'm so fucking bored. I should probably start looking for a job or something. It's gonna be mad hard but still.

Zabojnik

Latest mercato news / rumors / bullshit:

- both Southampton and Norwich are after Quagliarella, apparently there's a 12M&#8364; offer on the table, Fabio allegedly isn't opposed to a move to England, Marotta is expected to meet both clubs this week [God, please let it be true.]

- Moratti promised Isla to Mazzarri, Inter have raised their offer from 6,5M&#8364; to 6,8M&#8364; (lol), we're asking 7,5M&#8364;, Isla will join Inter at Pinzolo's retreat in three days [Let's wrap this up, Marry.]

- Juve and Cuntasaray will meet tomorrow for Melo, the deal is likely to be closed at 5M&#8364; [GOD, PLEASE LET IT COME TRUE!]

- Napoli want Matri, we want Zuniga, a swap may be in the cards [Eh, whatever.]

dc89

So Bild aparrently reporting that Pep is interested in Ozil. LOL what a fucking bitch, I remember when we had Ozil and we only needed to pay like 8 millions for him because he wanted to come to Barcelona and Pep shot the deal down. Now Pep wants him? I eagearly await Pep's crazy transfers at Bayern.

to Bayern fans, Pep bought Chigrynski, Henrique (this was when Tito prefered T.Silva back in 2008), Caceres, Ibra, Hleb... All flopped at the club. His only good transfers were Alves and Mascherano, and I give Mascherano to Messi more than anything, Messi lobbied hard for the club to buy Mascherano (Guardiola apparently had his doubts and Messi convinced him). All those shit transfers while giving away Eto'o and Yaya Toure.

thats the guardiola fraud act

-go to a club with a winning squad
-live off that for a few years while bringing in his shit transfers
-leave when they start to get shit

he made a career off rijkaard's squad, now he's extending that paycheck with heynckes'

So it's not all #BasedTxikis fault.

Latest mercato news / rumors / bullshit:

- both Southampton and Norwich are after Quagliarella, apparently there's a 12M€ offer on the table, Fabio allegedly isn't opposed to a move to England, Marotta is expected to meet both clubs this week [God, please let it be true.]

Soton and Norwich ain't playing around this summer.

Gambit

Pikmin 3 looks gorgeous.

It does. Yet, even as an ardent Nintendo fan and Wii U owner, I am not gonna buy it.

I played Pikmin 1 way back when and never really got into it. That's why I fear I wouldn't enjoy 3 too much either. My next Wii U game will be Wonderful 101 instead.

Football-gaf constantly disappoints me in it's overlooking of Alan Partridge, Brass Eye, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Father Ted and Bottom in 'best comedy' conversations.

Peep Show doesn't hold a candle to any of them.

Also, Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia is better than Arrested Development

dc89

Hitcher. My man. Some epic comedy sketches from the above.

"E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!
'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!"

And then there's Bottom. Which is just mental throughout!

Hitcher. My man. Some epic comedy sketches from the above.

"E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!
'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!"

And then there's Bottom. Which is just mental throughout!

I've had a Monty Python's Flying Circus boxset in the house for about a decade now but never gone through it :(

Peco

Football-gaf constantly disappoints me in it's overlooking of Alan Partridge, Brass Eye, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Father Ted and Bottom in 'best comedy' conversations.

oye4QaH.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Provisional Spurs squad for Asia Trophy

Goalkeepers - Hugo Lloris, Brad Friedel, Heurelho Gomes.

Defenders - Kyle Walker, Kyle Naughton, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Jan Vertonghen, Michael Dawson, Steven Caulker, Younes Kaboul, Danny Rose.

Midfielders - Aaron Lennon, Andros Townsend, Gareth Bale, Tom Huddlestone, Mousa Dembele, Sandro, Scott Parker, Jake Livermore, Tom Carroll, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Lewis Holtby.

Forwards - Clint Dempsey, Jermain Defoe, Emmanuel Adebayor.

0B2pTEw_zps1db5fda4.gif

Honestly that squad looks pretty good. I can't remember the last time we had nobody injured.

Clegg

I agree with what Viva was saying last night.

There should be a moratorium on all United transfer news for at least a week. Are you listening, KillerITK?

Note: All bets are off if we actually sign someone.

rodvik

Soton and Norwich ain't playing around this summer.

No kidding. Making me nervous. Although I am generally pleased with our signings our competitors have probably signed even better rated ones (Okore aside who I think is a bit of a coup for us).

Interesting to see what Fulham do now.

FootballFan

Meh not that controversial of a statement, Sunny is amazing, you'd have quite a few people agree with you.

Now the real question, Mad Men vs Breaking Bad.

Discuss.

spidye

Liverpool wants Shaqiri? 23m?

Not sure how I feel about it, but if we have to give a player away, Shaqiri is probably the best choice.

nooooooooooooo
shaqiri is awesome. he is THE next winger. he is our next robben/ribery

i don't want him gone. if he goes I will be devastated

Blablurn

Liverpool wants Shaqiri? 23m?

Not sure how I feel about it, but if we have to give a player away, Shaqiri is probably the best choice. Not that he's bad or anything, but I like Kroos and I'd prefer it if he stayed.
we should give him to liverpool on a loan. IF we really wanna get rid of him. dont want him to leave either.

spidye

I don't want anyone to go, but if we *have* to let one go, who would it be?

no one. at least not this year.

if he's unhappy then yes. no point of forcing him to stay.
but shaqiri is one of the most talented guys in our squad and a worthy successor to robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom