• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

we should give him to liverpool on a loan. IF we really wanna get rid of him. dont want him to leave either.

a loan would be disappointing already, but acceptable.

I really hope Shaq stays (same goes for Kroos even more so).

BTW: Just found what I had been looking for. A special version of the Pacific Rim trailers. Obviously, it could be much improved still, but I just love the music.

but shaqiri is one of the most talented guys in our squad and a worthy successor to robbery

I realise I am in the minority, but I'd rather see Robben or even Ribery go than any of the youngsters.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lunchbox and Naughty God
Wooden and Bjaelke
Arnie and Qindarka
Pulga and FootballFan
Messi and Jeff
Elsk and humanity
Salazar and Kermit
Fry and Clegg

What is the best footyGAF double act

vote now

#packmas

Pulga and Turok.

I had a near death experience reading one of their exchanges. I fucking laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

Carbonox

Excuse the tonk post...

Shaqiri going would be pretty shitty. I like him and as mentioned above, he's next in line for the winger position once Robben/Ribery go kaboom.

I just realised, isn't Rode supposed to be going to Bayern next year (along with Lewandowski)? Or was that just a rumour/the plan before Pep? Surely not now that Thiago has been signed (despite being different players).

These recruits seem a bit suicidal/needless. Obviously you need great depth in your squad if you're competing on every front and have players who are injury prone but it's a bit concerning given the first-team quality of these back-ups (good for Bayern in terms of competing but not necessarily good for the players in the club).

Say this was the line-up:

Schweinsteiger
Martinez
Kroos

Muller
Gotze (false 9)
Ribery

You then have Robben, Thiago, Shaqiri, Gustavo and Mandzukic competing.

You could drop Martinez to CB (which is what a lot of people seem to think) which frees up Thiago/Mandzukic but what damage would Martinez leaving the DM position do to the central structure of the team that worked so well last season? Having Schweinsteiger and Kroos holding as a two-man CM has worked before though AFAIK so it's not all doom and gloom.

Maybe Shaqiri going on loan could benefit Bayern and himself until it's time to replace Robben/Ribery in the line-up.

Again, Bayern are in 6 cups AFAIK (though the likes of the Super Cup hardly counts as it's just one game) so depth helps massively and if only one player at least gets injured and Martinez is put in CB, bam, you got the necessary cover and the subs bench is reduced to a more manageable selection.

A right fiddy fiddy situation.

FootballFan

^^ Bayern and Pep would be insane to let the Shaq go imo.

Maybe we should keep our good relations and they can sell him to us for 8m.

Pulga and Turok.

I had a near death experience reading one of their exchanges. I fucking laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

I love those too, Turok is just so good.

Jack cw

xv48were.jpg

<3

Kenka

Liverpool ? You know what three-letter internet word I will use to describe that rumor.
Shaqiri would be very good at Manchester on the other hand. If Bayern lets him go, Moyes should go after him, he would associate well with Van Persie.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Latest mercato news / rumors / bullshit:

- both Southampton and Norwich are after Quagliarella, apparently there's a 12M&#8364; offer on the table, Fabio allegedly isn't opposed to a move to England, Marotta is expected to meet both clubs this week [God, please let it be true.]

- Moratti promised Isla to Mazzarri, Inter have raised their offer from 6,5M&#8364; to 6,8M&#8364; (lol), we're asking 7,5M&#8364;, Isla will join Inter at Pinzolo's retreat in three days [Let's wrap this up, Marry.]

- Juve and Cuntasaray will meet tomorrow for Melo, the deal is likely to be closed at 5M&#8364; [GOD, PLEASE LET IT COME TRUE!]

- Napoli want Matri, we want Zuniga, a swap may be in the cards [Eh, whatever.]

-TWELVE? SELL HIM NOW
-Not even for 7.49. No discounts.
-I'll believe it when I see it. They'll probably take him on loan for the THIRD time.
-No. I don't want to give them Matri, and I don't want Zuniga.

qindarka

Banned
PSG do not care about FFP. I don't understand why any other club does.

Who knows what their financial situation really is? I know a lot of people ignorantly claim that Chelsea or City won't pass FFP when they will, perhaps PSG's finance people do have plans to pass it as well.

In any case, FFP is good for clubs like ours as well. Can't keep relying on Abramovich/Mansour.

Clegg

A wonderfully depressing read:

http://www.football365.com/john-nicholson/8825026/Johnny-Nich

Warning: Contains United
Tbh there is a lot of nonsense written in that article.

Maybe we aren't as attractive as we'd like to be to some of the worlds best talent but its ridiculous tothen castigate the club for not signing these players.

The writer says we gave to go out and sign one of the top 10 players ib the world. Currently these players play for the likes of Barca and Madrid and Bayern. How exactly are we supposed to entice them to Manchester?

Bumhead

Banned
United don't need to go out and sign one of the top 10 best players in the world. They need quality but you can find that outside a mythical list.

I do however believe United need a marquee signing. Someone to settle things down a bit. There's obviously a lot of question marks and a lot of unknown quantities at the moment. I think Moyes needs a big signing as a statement of intent and a sign of backing from upstairs, the fans need one to settle the nerves and reinforce some faith in Moyes and I think Manchester United as a whole need one to show they're not messing around in a post-Ferguson era.

You don't have to spend £50m to get that, but I think it would go a long way.

Tbh there is a lot of nonsense written in that article.

Maybe we aren't as attractive as we'd like to be to some of the worlds best talent but its ridiculous tothen castigate the club for not signing these players.

The writer says we gave to go out and sign one of the top 10 players ib the world. Currently these players play for the likes of Barca and Madrid and Bayern. How exactly are we supposed to entice them to Manchester?

That guy had a point.

Why do so many players want to play for Barca and Madrid? Because they have had so many of the best football players in the past. They want to emulate them because they looked up to those players as kids. In 10 years, the same will happen for Madrid again. There will be kids who looked up to Ozil, Xabi, or Ronaldo and they will flock to Madrid to emulate their heroes. Nobody looks up to Phil Jones and Valencia.

Zidane does wonders for Madrid because of that reason alone.

Edit: 2008 United were a more attractive club than current United because of Ronaldo. People want to play with the best players.

bjaelke

Jonathan Johnson &#8207;@Jon_LeGossip
Cavani will undergo PSG medical between 13h30-14h00 it is emerging. Leonardo and Triulzi (agent) already left hotel #PSG #FFW

It must be hard for United fans when their club stalls on transfer deals. Luckily we got our transfer dealings sorted early this year. Can't wait to watch Falcao, James and Moutinho destroy PSG.

dc89

If you're insinuating that the rumors about Man City could be true I think you'll be disappointed. I wouldn't want him if I were a City fan personally.

Strikers are drying up fast, Chelsea haven't signed one yet (?). Falcao, Cavani are out of the question for both teams.

dc89

Finally got FIFA13 on PS3. Brand new for £15 at tesco. They fucked the ticketing up, I took it to the till and it scanned for £42. I disputed it and they sent someone to check the ticketing. He came back and said yeah it's £42, so I said ok I'll show you.

I walk the guy over and catch some cunt red handed switching the ticketing over. I think they were embarrassed and rightly so, I got it for the reduced price.

K1LLER7

Finally got FIFA13 on PS3. Brand new for £15 at tesco. They fucked the ticketing up, I took it to the till and it scanned for £42. I disputed it and they sent someone to check the ticketing. He came back and said yeah it's £42, so I said ok I'll show you.

I walk the guy over and catch some cunt red handed switching the ticketing over. I think they were embarrassed and rightly so, I got it for the reduced price.
Now you can join our club, BELIEVE FC :D

Fergie

Banned

Welcome to Believe FC, DC.

Brilliant, I have a job interview at 5, so be on later if anyone wants.

Believe FC A team.

So was it supposed to be £15? Might be tempted to get it on 360 at that price...

FootballFan

Nice. You can join the real believe fc now.

After signing Mkhitaryan and all the BVB hype in Armenia, Revier Sport wrote as a joke that BVB should sign India's captain Sunil Chhetri to get 1.2 billion new fans.

Indian journalists didn't get the joke and thought he was indeed joining BVB. That was creating a crazy hype, our PR guy's phone rang all the time with calls from India, BVB was the most tweeted word in India and they created an Indian BVB fan page on Facebook.

Some Indian journalist said Bayern was traveling to India 5 times in the last 8 years to get relevant there. BVB did nothing and is way more popular now.

looool I love you internet.

&#8207;@ArsenalTrend 14 Jul
Only FC Copenhagen directly enquired about NB52 from #Arsenal & lately Frankfurt(after he was offered as available),wages scuppered a deal !

ibuMccTOf5srYC.gif

Coming home to become CL top scorer

dc89

Welcome to Believe FC, DC.

Brilliant, I have a job interview at 5, so be on later if anyone wants.

BelieveFC have managed to sign a new players. Something United are failing at :p

So was it supposed to be £15? Might be tempted to get it on 360 at that price...

I dunno, maybe it was meant to be £42 and someone goofed big time.

Nice. You can join the real believe fc now.

:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom