• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randdalf

Fabregas to United and Higuain to Liverpool.

Surely Arsenal will have to extend Bendtner's contract now.

If United make an offer and have it accepted for Fabregas then Arsenal have first option on him, and I can't imagine they'd turn down an opportunity to get him back, but with that club you never know...

If United make an offer and have it accepted for Fabregas then Arsenal have first option on him, and I can't imagine they'd turn down an opportunity to get him back, but with that club you never know...

Source that for me please. Bullshit rumour started by Arsenal fans who need a safety blanket.

That sounds like bullshit. Either way, if Cesc wants to go to Utd there's nothing Arsenal can do about it.

Feorax

Catch 22 there, since that would mean spending in the region of £30 million on a player who plays in a position where they don't immediately need a first team signing, or even cover.

Unless, of course, Wenger wants to use him as a false 9 like Spain do. That could work.

Tc91

Source that for me please. Bullshit rumour started by Arsenal fans who need a safety blanket.

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM 10m
My understanding of Arsenal buy-back clause on Cesc is that it only becomes applicable if Cesc informs Barca he wants to return to Arsenal

Matt Law ‏@Matt_Law_SM 9m
If Cesc tells Barca he wants Arsenal then there is a set fee of about £25m. If Cesc doesn't ask for Arsenal move then any club can buy him

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 9m
Be interesting to see how Barcelona react to €30 million bid from #MUFC for Fabregas and what say #AFC have in it all ...

John Cross ‏@johncrossmirror 1m
Arsenal do have first option on Fabregas. I don't, however, think they should do it. It wasn't a particularly happy goodbye. Try Fellaini...

Can't see it happening. Just sign fucking Fellaini Moyes, get this shit over.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Aguero
Silva - Jovecity - Navas

qx0g2.gif

Hixx

I just applied for Jobseekers so I can get this college course for free

Do you think they will tell me to fuck off? I would tell me to fuck off but I'm a dick.

Mikro

Neo Member
Hi Gaf, I've been watching this thread for a while and decided the topic is on Fabregas this might be a good time to join. I'm an Arsenal fan and I'm going to say some stuff that makes me look like a crazy person/#ITK
I am not ITK, I just think I'm a good judge of who might be.

What if I put ahead the theory that Arsenal are close to signing Fabregas, and have known this for the last week. Reasons why have been speculated - family, I don't know.

Matt law - Mirror reporter has stated a clause is Arsenal can buy him if he states he want's to come back to Arsenal - look at his twitter. I will assume this is the method Arsenal are buying him.

Now for this United bid - what if I put ahead the theory that this bid was 8 weeks old, and has been surfaced by Arsenal because it looks like we are beating United towards his signing. - Why would Utd go after Thiago then Fabregas - surely Fabregas more experienced, already played in Premier league

This could all be shit, and I'm just gullible, we will see this transfer window.

Hi Gaf, I've been watching this thread for a while and decided the topic is on Fabregas this might be a good time to join. I'm an Arsenal fan and I'm going to say some stuff that makes me look like a crazy person/#ITK

What if I put ahead the theory that Arsenal are close to signing Fabregas, and have known this for the last week. Reasons why have been speculated - family, I don't know.

Matt law - Mirror reporter has stated a clause is Arsenal can buy him if he states he want's to come back to Arsenal - look at his twitter. I will assume this is the method Arsenal are buying him.

Now for this United bid - what if I put ahead the theory that this bid was 8 weeks old, and has been surfaced by Arsenal because it looks like we are beating United towards his signing. - Why would Utd go after Thiago then Fabregas - surely Fabregas more experienced, already played in Premier league

This could all be shit, and I'm just gullible, we will see this transfer window.
The Other One

Welcome home.

Feorax

Interesting. If true, where do you think he would play? Number 10, false 9, or deep playmaker?

Bear in mind that unless he's going to be a false 9, then one of Cazorla, Arteta (pen) or Wilshire is likely to be dropped to the bench.

Either way, if Arsenal are forced to utilise their right of first refusal clause this summer by United's bid, then that will probably throw a spanner in the works.

Wilbur

Banned
Fabregas isn't leaving Barcelona for Arsenal or Manchester United.

Manchester United will be buying Fellaini.

Arsenal will be buying an eleven year old.

End of.

Lets talk about Serie A.

Mikro

Neo Member
Interesting. If true, where do you think he would play? Number 10, false 9, or deep playmaker?

Bear in mind that unless he's going to be a false 9, then one of Cazorla, Arteta (pen) or Wilshire is likely to be dropped to the bench.

Assume he would play the attacking midfield role, Cazorla would be moved wide left as he was towards the end of the year.

Dunno where that puts Wilshere because Wenger seemed to insist on playing him in the 10 role last year. I personally still think he is best in a central midfield role next to a more defensive mid.

I would go
Arteta --- Wilshere
Cesc
Walcott - CF - Cazorla

Wilbur

Banned
This is genuinely going to be my last post on Fabregas. It isn't happening. He won't go to United. Barca won't let him go. It isn't happening at all.

Wonder why Barca are talking to Valbuena?

Confirmed? Wouldn't think they'd need him in the slightest. Especially if Tello has just renewed his contract.

Sanchez was looking alright at the end of last year as well.

Fuck Gomez looks beautiful in purple

I'm thoroughly depressed and disappointed.

Fact the news of the bid has so obv been leaked says it all.

Going back to sleep.

Yup. Got to agree.

If there was a chance Cesc could be signed, it was dead the moment Thiago left. The 'limitless funds' quote and this 'bid' are blatant pandering. Or who knows, maybe we are that clueless now.

dc89

It's not a mere coincidence that Tevez ended up at Juve and Jojo at City. I'm sure there was a gentlemen's agreement between Txiki taka and Marry.

I always like Juventus. Well, apart from that time Nedved tore us a new one in the Europa League.

Anyone want to buy a white 3DS XL? Bundled digital games too.

keep it. KEEP IT! You will only regret it when this becomes PokeBall Thread in October.

Aguero
Silva - Jovecity - Navas

http://i.imgur.com/qx0g2.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Pretty good right Yurt?

God, this is embarrassing. Welcome to the Woodward era, fellow United supporters.

Don't say I didn't warn you about this. Ridiculous PR stunt that's just going to make it more ridiculous when we sign some mediocre player. Woodward thinks he knows what he's doing, but it's not going to wash for me.

Feorax

Assume he would play the attacking midfield role, Cazorla would be moved wide left as he was towards the end of the year.

Ah, I see, so he's take Podolski's spot in the starting XI then.

I think, as CF's go, having both Podolski and Giroud to choose between gives Arsenal good attacking options, although I suspect ideally that a lot of Arsenal fans would be looking to upgrade at least one of them.

dc89

Fernandinho: "It seems like Manuel Pellegrini has that real winning mentality and a strong football philosophy that he will make the players understand. We can learn his personality. At mealtime, for example, he wants everyone together. This is the way he wants things to be done. I am enjoying working with him but I think it will always take more time for players and the manager to get used to each other."

@City_Watch

Wilbur

Banned
Surprised to see the promoted PL sides haven't made many moves yet, Cornelius aside. With teams like Villa, Norwich and Southampton considerably strengthening, it doesn't look good already for the new boys.

In a couple of the many interviews Cesc had with the English press following his move to Barcelona, he revealed that he had opportunities to leave in previous years; there was strong interest from Madrid and Italy. The point was that there was only one club where he envisaged leaving for and that was Barcelona. I think he had a much closer relationship with Arsenal than the influential van Persie, and considering the circumstances of how Cesc left, it's difficult to imagine him choosing Man Utd. Was it not heavily mentioned that Arsenal had secured first refusal for Cesc?

The ramifications of him joining United would be devastating for Arsenal at a time they are desperately trying to convey to their fans that they can still compete. To have arguably their most important asset since Thierry Henry join the list of former stars abandoning them in favour of signing for their rivals would only serve to be the biggest indicator of how low they have fallen.

United have posed a question about Arsenal with this bid. But it does raise questions on what exactly Moyes and his board had in mind this summer. Heavily linked with Thiago, they instead go for a more difficult target whilst the former would have suited them well.

Mikro

Neo Member
One more thing on Suarez, Kike Marin is seen to be reliable on Arsenal's striker target dealings this summer, said ages ago that Higuain was third choice behind Rooney and Suarez.

He has then reported today that Arsenal's second bid for suarez is now £40m. Whether is is enough to do a deal with Liverpool we will see but I would say with confidence he is now our first choice striker target. Read more here

Think if we wanted to push through with Higuain it would of been like a week ago when Sid Lowe reported on it.

bud

In a couple of the many interviews Cesc had with the English press following his move to Barcelona, he revealed that he had opportunities to leave in previous years; there was strong interest from Madrid and Italy. The point was that there was only one club where he envisaged leaving for and that was Barcelona. I think he had a much closer relationship with Arsenal than the influential van Persie, and considering the circumstances of how Cesc left, it's difficult to imagine him choosing Man Utd. Was it not heavily mentioned that Arsenal had secured first refusal for Cesc?

The ramifications of him joining United would be devastating for Arsenal at a time they are desperately trying to convey to their fans that they can still compete. To have arguably their most important asset since Thierry Henry join the list of former stars abandoning them in favour of signing for their rivals would only serve to be the biggest indicator of how low they have fallen.

United have posed a question about Arsenal with this bid. But it does raise questions on what exactly Moyes and his board had in mind this summer. Heavily linked with Thiago, they instead go for a more difficult target whilst the former would have suited them well.

it wouldn't be devastating at all unless arsenal would really want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom