• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

Asamoah back at Schalke both as a player for the 2nd team and as a representative?

Awesome! One of the most likeable Schalke players ever.

the most likeable was Raul. I really miss him.
he was always a joy to watch. I don't even mind him shooting us out of the dfb cup 2 years ago

Feorax

Squad list time!

GK: Mignolet, Reina, Jones, Ward

RB: Johnson, Kelly, Wisdom, Flanagan

CB: Agger, Toure, Skrtel, Kelly, Wisdom

LB: Enrique, Johnson, Robinson

CM: Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson (Coady?).

AM: Coutinho, Henderson, Luis Alberto, (Teixiera?)

RW: Aspas, Ibe

LW: Borini, Sterling

ST: Higuain, Sturridge, Aspas, Borini.

I like the look of that squad. Definitely need a winger and centreback for the first team, but that looks pretty solid.

Tc91

Marquinhos is coming to PSG. Fuck off Barca, he is ours!

Manchester City and Chelsea's hopes of signing Napoli striker Edinson Cavani appear to be over after the Uruguayan has a medical at French club Paris St-Germain.

Cavani, 26, had been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League but appears to have opted to join PSG instead, with the transfer fee set to be around £54m.

BBC, is Ibra off or what? Him and Cavani would be incredible.

Wilbur

Banned
Ashley Westwood signed a new 4 year deal. Good stuff.

What's your first team likely to be next year? Similar style and formation as last season?

Guessing

Guzan
Lowton - Okore - Vlaar - Luna
Westwood - someone I can't remember
Weimann - someone else I can't remember - Gabby
Helenius

?

Timurid

BBC, is Ibra off or what? Him and Cavani would be incredible.
I don't think he is going anywhere. It's just stupid journalists starting up shit. If he was to move the only place he'll go is to Madrid and that seems dead now with Higuain and Benz there.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This post on redcafe, a site where neutral fans come together to discuss things rationally, sums up my view on the matter

If we bring Felliani AND Fabregas then I honestly believe we would have a CM which is at par with that of Bayern and Barca.

Looking through the interviews Moyes did yesterday.

Says Jones will play CB.
Evra won't be sold.
2 midfield signings.

Well, at least it sounds good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cesc to United and Higuain to Liverpool? OH YES BABY

There will be a second season of Hannibal at least, so that's something. This is one show that I don't want see go down the long winded road. I think I read the wish from the creators is to see 7 seasons? Fuck that - it would ruin the show.

-What is planned for future seasons? (From Bryan Fuller himself)

"In the first season we have this weird bromance between Will and Hannibal, season two is the nasty break up and the third season would have a fugitive angle to it, the fourth season would be 'Red Dragon,' the fifth season would be in the realm of 'Silence Of The Lambs,' the sixth season would be 'Hannibal.'"

Evra won't be sold.
Because no one wants him anyway.

K1LLER7

Moysey Wants a goal scoring midfielder.....

It was good while it lasted Shinji. You'll be loved back at Dortmund.

We aren't signing any top midfielders. Fellani won't join us either.

Wilbur

Banned
Meier, how was the honeymoon?

Says Jones will play CB.
Evra won't be sold.
2 midfield signings.

It really does.

As an admirer of German football I think he'll put faith in Shinji-San as well.

Fabregas isn't coming but I'm optimistic today

Salvadora

Hi Gaf, I've been watching this thread for a while and decided the topic is on Fabregas this might be a good time to join. I'm an Arsenal fan and I'm going to say some stuff that makes me look like a crazy person/#ITK
I am not ITK, I just think I'm a good judge of who might be.

What if I put ahead the theory that Arsenal are close to signing Fabregas, and have known this for the last week. Reasons why have been speculated - family, I don't know.

Matt law - Mirror reporter has stated a clause is Arsenal can buy him if he states he want's to come back to Arsenal - look at his twitter. I will assume this is the method Arsenal are buying him.

Now for this United bid - what if I put ahead the theory that this bid was 8 weeks old, and has been surfaced by Arsenal because it looks like we are beating United towards his signing. - Why would Utd go after Thiago then Fabregas - surely Fabregas more experienced, already played in Premier league

This could all be shit, and I'm just gullible, we will see this transfer window.
Welcome!!

I think with Thiago gone it's very, very unlikely he leaves (more so than before) :/, even if he wanted to. Barca just won't sell.

Wes

venison crêpe
What's your first team likely to be next year? Similar style and formation as last season?

Guessing

Guzan
Lowton - Okore - Vlaar - Luna
Westwood - someone I can't remember
Weimann - someone else I can't remember - Gabby
Helenius

?

-------------------------- Guzan ---------------------------
-- Lowton ------- Vlaar --- Okore ------- Luna ----
-------------- Westwood ------ Delph -----------------
Weimann --- ??? someone ??? --- Agbonlahor
------------------ ??? someone ??? -------------------

I don't think Helenius will be our single striker. He's more likely to play behind. Tonev or Bacuna could also be our attacking midfielder. Hard to judge right now.

Kikarian

Says Jones will play CB.
Evra won't be sold.
2 midfield signings.

Sounds promising. But who knows what he's been told to say to keep the fans happy.

Abidal is goes straight into captain role at Monaco btw.

Wilbur

Banned
-------------------------- Guzan ---------------------------
-- Lowton ------- Vlaar --- Okore ------- Luna ----
-------------- Westwood ------ Delph -----------------
Weimann --- ??? someone ??? --- Agbonlahor
------------------ ??? someone ??? -------------------

I don't think Helenius will be our single striker. He's more likely to play behind. Tonev or Bacuna could also be our attacking midfielder. Hard to judge right now.

Must be a bit daunting at the moment that Norwich, Swansea, Cardiff and Sunderland have all bolstered their front line considerably while the Benteke business rolls on

K1LLER7

Muppet formation

--------- De goat ----------

Rafa - Rio - Vida - Evra

------- Carrick - Cesc ------

Zaha ---- Kagawa ---- Januzaj

-------------- RVP ----------------

Linius

Well damn. Some random lady posted a picture of herself with Ajax player Stefano Denswil on the internet with the text "net klaar met ploppen" which means so much as "we just fucked" :lol

NSFW

GorillaJu

Squad list time!

GK: Mignolet, Reina, Jones, Ward

RB: Johnson, Kelly, Wisdom, Flanagan

CB: Agger, Toure, Skrtel, Kelly, Wisdom

LB: Enrique, Johnson, Robinson

CM: Gerrard, Lucas, Allen, Henderson (Coady?).

AM: Coutinho, Henderson, Luis Alberto, (Teixiera?)

RW: Aspas, Ibe

LW: Borini, Sterling

ST: Higuain, Sturridge, Aspas, Borini.

I like the look of that squad. Definitely need a winger and centreback for the first team, but that looks pretty solid.

Luis Alberto and Coutinho can both play on the left, but we clearly need someone who can play on the right, who is of the right age (not still a teenager). Bernard would be a good shout. Borini is gonna need more time as a squad player.

Showaddy

Just seen some stuff on twitter that Damiao is going to sign for Napoli.

Wasn't he Spurs' long time target?

Spur's were linked with him constantly because they're a partner with his club but nothing really came of it.

The £20 million fee that was banded about seemed an awful lot bearing in mind Damiao has struggled a fair bit this last season as well.

Well damn. Some random lady posted a picture of herself with Ajax player Stefano Denswil on the internet with the text "net klaar met ploppen" which means so much as "we just fucked" :lol

NSFW
:lol :lol

Anyway, I think if Fabregas really does want to come back to Arsenal, we'll get him.

United should get Oliver Torres, that young spanish CM. Everytime I see him play he just screams "next Scholes".

Maybe if we went in big, hard and fast this summer as we did with De Gea and Bayern did with Javi, but I foresee Moyes doing PR stunt bids for recognizable names like Fabregas and Modric before bringing in reliable PL-proven players.

Feorax

Luis Alberto and Coutinho can both play on the left, but we clearly need someone who can play on the right, who is of the right age (not still a teenager). Bernard would be a good shout. Borini is gonna need more time as a squad player.

I think everybody knows my feelings on having Coutinho out wide by now :p.

It all depends on how much we have to spend. In an ideal world, I'd rather we have two wide players to come in and replace Suarez rather than another striker, but you're looking at a £50 million spend there.

If Borini is going to get game time this year, it will probably be on the left, with the odd game at centre forward.

I'm also increasingly resigning myself to us not buying a centre half this summer. I reckon we'll have Kelly replace Skrtel, and use Kelly, Toure and Agger (plus the odd youth player like Lloyd Jones) to cover the two positions.

How can you forget the glorious Downing from that squad list?

Shite...

Oh well. I expect him to be a West Ham player soon enough anyway.

Tc91

barcastuff @barcastuff

This week could be crucial for the transfer of PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) to Barcelona. Deal possibly to be closed for 42M. [cope]

Cope. They need to raise funds, Cesc pls.

2x06-Afternoon-Delight-Animated-gif-Michael-What-No-no-no-no-arrested-development-7915781-300-167.gif

a) The gif didn't work for me
b) Yes Yes Yes

:p

Fabregas isn't moving to Man Utd
I'm sure Gerrard sign an extension every year

Timurid

You'll get him for free. Woodward isn't planning on giving any new contracts to players. Januzaj woe :(

:D

PSG lineup is going to be beast.

-------------------------- Sirigu -----------------------------
-- Jallet ------- Sakho --- T Silva ------- Digne? ----
-------------- Verratti ------ Matuidi -----------------
Moura --------------------------------------------- Lavezzi
------------------ Cavani ---------- Ibra -------------------

If Digne doesn't come then PSG we'll probably go for Coentrao or Rodriguez from Wolfsburg.

Our bench will be Areola, Motta, Gamiero, Pastore, Chantome, Alex, and Maxwell.

GorillaJu

I think Fabregas -> United is much more likely than Fabregas -> Arsenal.

Arsenal will be too much of a step down from Barcelona for him, regardless of his loyalties. United, on the other hand, are desperate for a quality midfielder - he'd be guaranteed lots of game time, his salary would get a bump, and he'd have a chance at some silverware.

Wes

venison crêpe
Must be a bit daunting at the moment that Norwich, Swansea, Cardiff and Sunderland have all bolstered their front line considerably while the Benteke business rolls on

All those sides have strengthened considerably which is worrying for sure, but we got 6 of our own targets in before the transfer window even started.

After last year I have faith in the scouting department/management team. They hit on Lowton, Vlaar, Westwood and Benteke. Bennett and El Ahmadi.

If we hit on 4 of the 6 we've already brought in we'll be in a strong position, depth wise and financially.

The rumour is we've put a deadline on Wednesday for Benteke to get his transfer sorted otherwise he's staying with us. We've shown with Bent and with the transfers of Barry, Downing and Milner that we wont take any shit. Spurs need to put up or get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom