• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what Chelsea look like right now

GK: Cech, Schwazer, Blackman

RB: Azpi, Ivanovic, Kalas

CB: Luiz, Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill, Kalas

LB: Cole, Bertrand

CM: Lampard, Ramires, Essien, Van Ginkel, Mikel

AM: Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Moses

ST: Torres, Lukaku, Ba

I think Mikel and Moses could go before the end of the transfer window and we will get another CM, maybe another striker as well.

GorillaJu

This is the only thing which gives us a chance.

BTW, squad lists are even more tedious than formations. Can't wait to do mine.

CM:

Anderson "Ate Ander's Son" Anderson
Ryan "40 year old virgin" Giggs
Ashley "Assists for teeing up the free kicks" Young
Tom "0 outstanding attributes" Cleverley
Phillip " щ(ಠ益ಠщ) " Jones
Wilfried "Tom Ince is better" Zaha
Shinji "Shinjury" Kagawa

K1LLER7

BenSmith
"#MUFC have bid £25m for Cesc Fabregas. Player open to returning to England but will be guided by Barca's willingness to sell."

Not happening.

CM:

Shinji "Shinjury" Kagawa

I don't understand.

Wilbur

Banned
BPOBtWRCEAAAd_d.jpg

Do they all have lethargy or something

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just seen some stuff on twitter that Damiao is going to sign for Napoli.

Wasn't he Spurs' long time target?

He was but we stopped caring last January. An unproven striker just isn't worth the money Inter want, his record is totally ordinary and he's become injury prone.

Wilbur

Banned
CM:

Shinji "Shinjury" Kagawa

:lol :lol :lol

K1LLER7

Didn't Dennis Irwin come out and say we'd go for Fabregas.

It was like a month ago, really random at the time. DennisITK.
Said we'd move heaven and earth to get Fabregas.

Moyes is a muppet.

I think United and Bayern were in on this together. Take away 2 of Barca's main players for the future and watch them crumble.

Shame it won't work out like that.

At the moment, your options for CM are mostly not natural midfielders. The nicknames are just derpery.

You left our Michael Xavi Carrick and Darren AIDS Fletcher.

Soon we will add Screech and Cesc. HYPE.

Also, why hasn't Tom Ince moved yet. Pretty weird. Nobody seems to want him...apart from Cardiff who he rejected.

Also, why hasn't Tom Ince moved yet. Pretty weird. Nobody seems to want him...apart from Cardiff who he rejected.

I think he's hoping we'll sell Downing and come back in for him. He may well have missed his chance though

Just got a foil Steam card, from System Shock 2. It's currently selling for $2-$3, but I put it up for $4, let's see what happens. This whole trading card bullshit has become nicely profitable for me. It's funding all my Steam sale purchases.

GorillaJu

I have no idea. Since his father is his manager, I imagine he's getting some pretty sound advice about what is good for his future. He's probably being advised not to move to a club that was sure to be in a year long relegation battle, where he'd likely just be moved again at the end of the year.

And I also imagine that he has other suitors, its just Cardiff were the only ones as of yet to agree a fee with Blackpool. 8.5m is not an insignificant amount.

FootballFan

Pls stop guys. Pls. Cesc won't be sold.

Dos Santos, afellay, Roberto and rafinha. Those would be the cm back ups if that happened...lool

Pls.

And can tancredi talk be banned? Seriously, who is he and why should we believe him.

None of these twitter cunts seem to know anything. Ballbags, grahamhuntcunt, tancredi, indycunt etc:

"thiago will join man united, I can confirm that" then he joins bayern and they go onto the next thing and ignore that crap before.

GorillaJu

It probably is on profit only. I don't see the purpose of including a sell-on clause for total transfer fee, when the initial price is as high as it was. It works when the selling club is letting a young player go on the cheap to raise funds, but it doesn't quite figure when you're talking about a player likely making their one big move in their career, for a high amount.

I could be wrong, that's just how it would appear to me.

What do you do when you have a friend/acquaintance who is really passionate about something...but really really bad at it.

A guy I went to school with is a passionate singer/performer. He loves to sing and act and all those kinds of things. At school he was good at it because of the nature of school shows and productions...because of this he has convinced himself he is a shining talent.

He does so many things to help himself get a breakthrough. Travels around going for auditions and playing shows, writes his own music, makes videos for them, does live performances any chance he gets even at the most awkward times (family weddings). But he's just not very good. And then the production values for all his stuff is just embarrassing. I don't know anything about video editing but basically his videos have the kind of filters you get in football compilations, with lyrics coming in from random angles across the screen. His last live performance was done at some family party and he got his sister to dance alongside him, she's dressed up as what can only be described as a witch wearing foil. It's so freaking weird. And what makes it worse is that he is incredibly cringeworthy whilst doing it all..he just gives off this really awkward, at times creepy, vibe.

He uploads his videos to his facebook and I see people liking it and saying how amazing he is...but they're liars. They have to be. It just adds to the vicious cycle.

He always asks me what I think of his performances, if I liked the last one, what I think of his new songs etc. Sometimes I just try to blank him....but I can't forever. It's so awkward I don't know what to do. I just say he's really good just so that he can continue to chase his dream...but I feel bad lying about it. He won't ever make it.

Footy GAF - halp.

Edit - I will not be providing links. Sorry.

Salvadora

It probably is on profit only. I don't see the purpose of including a sell-on clause for total transfer fee, when the initial price is as high as it was. It works when the selling club is letting a young player go on the cheap to raise funds, but it doesn't quite figure when you're talking about a player likely making their one big move in their career, for a high amount.

I could be wrong, that's just how it would appear to me.

To be fair Cesc went for considerably lower than what he was worth.

Perhaps the sell-on clause and buyback were meant to offset that some.

Meier

Meier, how was the honeymoon?
It was amazing but the jet lag after returning has been kicking our asses. I woke up at 4 AM this morning and couldn't fall back asleep.. it's almost 10:00 now so today is going to be a long day.

Here are a few of my favorite pics (some are absolute monsters in terms of resolution so I'm quoting them):

GorillaJu

Lol viva I have absolutely no advice for you but thanks for making me laugh with that anyway. I need to see some of his videos.

Great pics Meier

Carbonox

What do you do when you have a friend/acquaintance who is really passionate about something...but really really bad at it.

A guy I went to school with is a passionate singer/performer. He loves to sing and act and all those kinds of things. At school he was good at it because of the nature of school shows and productions...because of this he has convinced himself he is a shining talent.

He does so many things to help himself get a breakthrough. Travels around going for auditions and playing shows, writes his own music, makes videos for them, does live performances any chance he gets even at the most awkward times (family weddings). But he's just not very good. And then the production values for all his stuff is just embarrassing. I don't know anything about video editing but basically his videos have the kind of filters you get in football compilations, with lyrics coming in from random angles across the screen. His last live performance was done at some family party and he got his sister to dance alongside him, she's dressed up as what can only be described as a witch wearing foil. It's so freaking weird. And what makes it worse is that he is incredibly cringeworthy whilst doing it all..he just gives off this really awkward, at times creepy, vibe.

He uploads his videos to his facebook and I see people liking it and saying how amazing he is...but they're liars. They have to be. It just adds to the vicious cycle.

He always asks me what I think of his performances, if I liked the last one, what I think of his new songs etc. Sometimes I just try to blank him....but I can't forever. It's so awkward I don't know what to do. I just say he's really good just so that he can continue to chase his dream...but I feel bad lying about it. He won't ever make it.

Footy GAF - halp.

Edit - I will not be providing links. Sorry.

I have a friend who is just like this. Him and his buds have set up a local band and they big themselves up to the heavens. They're essentially shit and my friend is the lead singer but he's fucking crap. Tone-deaf.

Personally, I find it hilarious so I leave him be. He has fun and enjoys doing what he does despite being oblivious to his lack of talent in the singing department. He can play the guitar though, I give him that.

I don't care enough to really point it out to him. I know someone who has and he just shrugged it off as an opinion so that tells me all I need to know about the type of person he is. Plus like I said, it's funny to hear him try and sing so that offers enjoyment in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom