• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
kb2XtG3.jpg

He genuinely looks like an extraterrestrial there.

Salvadora

According to the journo who interviewed Moyes yesterday he isn't prepared to pay more than £12m for Baines.

Could just be posturing of course but I don't think we will get him. Everton will hold out for close to £20m and like last summer we will just say no thank you.

I think you'll end up paying more than £12m in the end, even if it isn't £18m.

I'm also thinking that you'll either let Fellaini's buyout fee expire or just pay more (ex-manager tax etc).. Moyes mentioned bringing in more than one midfielder, but I think Thiago/Cesc are distracting you from more likely, and achievable targets.
There's like, a dozen people there :lol.

L1NETT

Would love to see Cesc back in the prem, such a talented footballer.

cesc-fabregas-wonder-goal-vs-spurs-o.gif

Would be mildly surprised to see him at United though. Have been wrong before though :)

Garay/CB, Baines & Fellaini are the most likely haul.

That'd be close to a good £60m spent.

I think you'll end up paying more than £12m in the end, even if it isn't £18m.

I'm also thinking that you'll either let Fellaini's buyout fee expire or just pay more (ex-manager tax etc).. Moyes mentioned bringing in more than one midfielder, but I think Thiago/Cesc are distracting you from more likely, and achievable targets.

So.... much... wishful... thinking.

Turok_TTZ

LOL arsenal never stood a chance. nobody is signing higuain. no one.
Madrid want 40 million euroes for higuain. 40 MILLION EUROES.
bahahhhahahhaa I lol'd hard.

Richard Dunne has gone to QPR. That's a proper Arry signing

Notice how he's replaced Christopher Samba who was sold by Hiddink (convicted of tax fraud) to Harry Redknapp (been arrested and implicated in various frauds) for £12.5m in January 2013, a ridiculous fee for the Congolese international, 29, and then got sold back to Anzhi in July for £12m.

Wilbur

Banned
Notice how he's replaced Christopher Samba who was sold by Hiddink (convicted of tax fraud) to Harry Redknapp (been arrested and implicated in various frauds) for £12.5m in January 2013, a ridiculous fee for the Congolese international, 29, and then got sold back to Anzhi in July for £12m.

where are you copying this information from

Shagwell

Why do football games always get so boring this time of year? Keep getting the urge to play fifa pes or football manager and if i start any of them up they're off within a half hour

Kikarian

Bearded Genius spotted that little exchange.

All the information is on the Internet though. It's all there. You just want to believe football is immune to corruption. It's not.
There's a good few corrupt managers in the EPL. Mainly it's in the Italian and Russian leagues though.

L1NETT

You'll be less burdened when you admit it.

Come to Arsene, baby,

Haha :p

One man one club forever. I have never cheered more when we sent your foreign midgets back down to London after having their asses handed to them by Nakhi Wells and company.

Never gets old

1355257750059.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Look you chorus of complaining cunt cobs, Moyeezus has had a little sit down with the journos. He didnt seem too fazed by Thiago going away. He has said he wants a defensive midfielder and a Scholes like goal scoring one. He says they're doing well with their targets.

lets just give it a fucking rest for five minutes and talk about something other than our shitness in the transfer market and wait for something concrete to come through instead of worrying ourselves so much we never sustain an erection again

Salvadora

Haha :p

One man one club forever. I have never cheered more when we sent your foreign midgets back down to London after having their asses handed to them by Nakhi Wells and company.

Never gets old
We'll be your bit on the side then, L1NETT.

Confess your Gervinho love.

Meier

Wait WUT!

Maicon is being let go on a free? We're not getting a fee?
Wow, all of the talk was we'd get £4m from Roma. The amount is fairly nominal either way. If I had to guess, we are getting a net zero and chipping in for part of his wages for the first year of his deal. Maybe like a £2m fee that just pays off the difference.

Dude I honestly don't even know what that is
Clubs is the only mode worth playing in FIFA other than maybe FUT.

Arnie

That Cesc bid is hilarious. Like Barcelona are letting him go in the same window that saw their Xavi replacement bow out in humiliating circumstances. Been a solid week for the United PR machine, though. Limitless funds, in for the best players in the world, formal bid for Cesc Fabregas. I guess that's what happens when the replacement to Sir Alex Ferguson loses his first game in charge to a Thailand pub team.

Just got in from work, tempted to go cash in the chicken cards that Wilbubble sent me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom