• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Maybe the noises out of Chelsea all summer have been right, Luiz and Mata are surplus to requirements in Jose's eyes. Very bizarre though.

If there is one reason for this, it could be that Jose thinks Mata doesn't contribute enough defensively and that bringing Oscar back into his favored position with De Bruyne or Schurrle in the XI wouldn't reduce our offensive capabilities that much.

I still think it;s bullshit.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I feel like Moyes just wants to destroy Rooney. I mean he told him that he's not going to play, then he told him he can't leave and he's happy to run down his contract...seems like punishment to me. Has he ever had a publicly bad relationship with another player?

Carbonox

Did...Did some woman on Sky Sports say that all sports should be mixed gender?

I cant

i dont

Today can do one. This heatwave brings all the tards to the yard...

Fady K

I'd be very disappointed if Chelsea were that stupid.

No Mata, No Luiz. 20 million tops for Rooney. If RVP was bought for 20 then Rooney is not worth a penny more.

qindarka

Banned

No Mata, No Luiz. 20 million tops for Rooney. If RVP was bought for 20 then Rooney is not worth a penny more.

Transfer fees don;t work so simply. Rooney is younger, English and has two years left on his contract whereas RVP was on his last year.

Feorax

Hypothetical question Fady.

We offer you £10 million plus Suarez for Mata and Luiz.

Assuming all players involved are happy to let the deal go ahead, would you take that?

Fady K

Transfer fees don;t work so simply. Rooney is younger, English and has two years left on his contract whereas RVP was on his last year.

True, but Mata or Luiz in the equation is stupid, and senseless. If Chelsea do this it will be the worst thing they have done in years. Mata is THEIR BEST PLAYER for God's sake.

Fady K

I love how a lot of you are pointing the finger at Moyes as if this is all confirmed.

Hypothetical question Fady.

We offer you £10 million plus Suarez for Mata and Luiz.

Assuming all players involved are happy to let the deal go ahead, would you take that?

10 million plus Suarez is a very good deal Feorax, but some players you just don't sell no matter what honestly..Mata is one of those IMO.

L1NETT

Wilz, remember ages ago when I said Jose wanted to go back to playing boring 1-0 football.

It begins if he wants to ship Mata away. Crazy.

And Rooney is a world class talent guys, he just hasn't showed it much. Over the last 2 seasons Mata has been the better player but that doesn't mean Rooney suddenly becomes some sort of dud. He would a great addition for most teams in the world.

Salvadora

I love how a lot of you are pointing the finger at Moyes as if this is all confirmed.

He's been found out, Fady.

Lost his first match, clueless in the transfer market & helmed the ship while United fell from being the most valuable club in the world. Like putting a kid in charge of a sweet shop.

Rooney has 2 more years left, is younger at the time RVP left, and RVP wrote a letter saying he wanted out. No way would Rooney go for less.

Wilz, remember ages ago when I said Jose wanted to go back to playing boring 1-0 football.

It begins if he wants to ship Mata away. Crazy.

And Rooney is a world class talent guys, he just hasn't showed it much. Over the last 2 seasons Mata has been the better player but that doesn't mean Rooney suddenly becomes some sort of dud. He would a great addition for most teams in the world.

He can't keep himself fit these days and there's a obvious lack of passion in his game. There's a possibility that his passion will be rekindled with a move to Chelsea, but there's also the likelihood of him signing a 5 year contract and just letting himself go Adriano style.

Fady K

Mourinho was talking about his Mata plans just yesterday:

With Mata, I need to get to know him better. I like sometimes to play with what I call 'wingers with the wrong foot' – right-footed men on the left and left-footed men on the right. He is the only left-footed player we have when we want to play with a winger on the right side, but the competition is hard. We will have Schurrle, De Bruyne, Mata, Oscar, Hazard and Moses for these three positions and so we have many more options than Chelsea had in the last year. These are crucial positions for me. I like these players to play with high intensity so to have five players for three positions is, I think, brilliant for me. It's fantastic."

He also said: "We are very much on board and connected, me and the board and the owner, and we don't need to sell players. We are happy with the group we have."

He's been found out, Fady.

Lost his first match, clueless in the transfer market & helmed the ship while United fell from being the most valuable club in the world. Like putting a kid in charge of a sweet shop.

Still too early to tell Salvadora :p I'd say wait for half of the first season.

Welbeck is now our 2nd/3rd choice striker

Definitely third (Chicharito!). And you have Kagawa/Mata who can play in the hole. Adnan coming up too.

One thing holding it back is maybe Woodward doesn't want to lose such a marketable figure in Rooney so early into his tenure with his background in the commercial side of things. This is where you need someone like Fergie, unafraid to ship out the likes of Beckham when he thought he was too big for the club, if it's for the good of the team. At the end of the day, nobody cares about losing a star if you keep winning trophies, because you end up creating new ones.

Fady K

Rooney has 2 more years left, is younger at the time RVP left, and RVP wrote a letter saying he wanted out. No way would Rooney go for less.

Doesn't Rooney want out if this is all true as well? Either way I can accept a price of 25-30 but not with giving any players BS from Chelsea's side.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't understand.

Why the fuck are we so stupid
Why the fuck are Chelsea so stupid
Where the fuck would Mata and Kagawa play
What the fuck do we do if Moyes tries to fit them into a 4-4-2
What the fuck happens if Moyes thinks either is the midfield signing we need
Why the fuck haven't I got an erection yet reading it
What the fuck
What the fuck
What the fuck

This is mind boggling. I feel like someone's spiked my drink but instead of sexually assaulting me they've just put me on twitter and let me fuck myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom